Rangers vs Celtic 3rd of April

Massive game next weekend. With Celtic hitting some form and players returning from injury it seems to be all set up nicely, however I’ve been overconfident before going into these fixtures and been bitterly disappointed.

Rangers flying in Europe with some very impressive performances and results against good opposition can only give them belief that on a good day they can beat anyone.

I wouldn’t start Kyogo if available for this game, but could make a huge impact coming off the bench if leading or losing at the time. I’d start with Maeda and the Giak up top.
There’s no doubt plenty of debate about who our starting eleven should be, we’ve a strong squad to choose from with each player contributing to that system.
I really like Abada in these games, so direct and always has his opponents running towards their own goal.

Watch it play out to be a stuffy stalemate.

I know that loads of pundits are getting excited about the end of the season title race and the most common phrase used is “this is going down to the wire”. Now, this may well be true, but more realistically if Celtic win both matches against Rangers the title will be over three or four matches before the end of the season. 

I’d say it’s over if Celtic win both pre split games. Would be 6 points minimum with a goal difference of about 15. No chance that’s over turned with Rangers having 3 away games including Parkhead post split.

Referee is Willie Collum. At least that will keep ‘Them’ happy.

They must be saving Clancy for the final game at Parkhead. 

Tbh I don’t mind Collum he is openly one of ‘Them’ but he is the exception to the rule and is usually honest. Candieas fiasco aside. 

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Collum can obviously completely lose his marbles on occasion and fling cards about with gay abandon, but he's not in any one club's pocket, unlike many, MANY others over the years that the entire non-OF population can see clearly.

I think he’s improved greatly regards throwing cards around. He was dreadful for it earlier in his career

Last time I remember him taking charge of a Rangers game (possibly St J away) he let so much go from both teams including an opposition player who kept talking back to him even after two of his own players were pushing him away. Collum would never have taken that earlier in his career.

I think it says a lot about the standard of officials in Scotland that he is regarded as one of the best. Possibly only Nick Walsh better. It’s actually quite depressing 

5 hours ago, AB1872 said:

Referee is Willie Collum. At least that will keep ‘Them’ happy.

They must be saving Clancy for the final game at Parkhead. 

Tbh I don’t mind Collum he is openly one of ‘Them’ but he is the exception to the rule and is usually honest. Candieas fiasco aside. 

Can spot a *** penalty with his eyes closed looking the wrong way.

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Can spot a *** penalty with his eyes closed looking the wrong way.

Get over it. It was a penalty. It was years ago. Have you seen the penalty he gave against Rangers at Falkirk stadium? 😂

Shame he missed 3 Celtic players offside in the league cup final 

All referees make mistakes. Would you rather Beaton or Madden ? 

39 minutes ago, AB1872 said:

Get over it. It was a penalty. It was years ago. Have you seen the penalty he gave against Rangers at Falkirk stadium? 😂

Shame he missed 3 Celtic players offside in the league cup final 

All referees make mistakes. Would you rather Beaton or Madden ? 

Why would Willie Collum miss players offside? He was the ref not the linesman 🤦‍♂️ And it’s not like you were given the obligatory penalty in that game or he sent a Celtic player off ……… oh wait ……..

55 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Why would Willie Collum miss players offside? He was the ref not the linesman 🤦‍♂️ And it’s not like you were given the obligatory penalty in that game or he sent a Celtic player off ……… oh wait ……..

It was a friend of a friend who missed the three offside Celtic players. A die hard Rangers man who has to live with it

I was in the posh seats South Stand that day. Just behind the TV / Radio places. I saw clearly that it was offside. Not even close