Kilmarnock v Partick

I know Plastic Whistle (hilarious, eh?) have a game against Dunfermline tomorrow, but why not get this kicked off early?

I’m paying absolutely zero attention to their pumping at the hands of the Accies at the weekend. Pretty sure it was just a hell of an off day. 
Speaking of off days, we can’t afford any more. We still look shaky for large spells of games. There’s absolutely no reason why we can’t show the same intensity as we did in the first 20 mins v Ayr. If we play close to that level, that will do. 

3-1 to the mighty. 

39 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Partick will be dealt with on Saturday and that will leave only one skittle to knock down……..the brave Lichties emoji460.png

We aren't in this title fight. It's between you and Arbroath. I just hope we can do them a favour.

I'm taking things on a game-by-game basis - the amount of stumbles we've had in this title race would be akin to a seasoned jakey lumbering from one lamppost to another on the hottest day of the year after 4 bottles of wreck the hoose juice. Given what we've experienced I don't think that we can really say there's only two more teams left to beat, we still have six games left and an off-day against any one of them could mean handing the title to Arbroath. This game and the Morton game are the ones that worry me in the short term as, like others have said, we can still switch off during games and allow our opponents chances to hurt us. However, having seen the other side of the coin, we know that we have the capability to really go for the jugular in these games - albeit Ayr were utter dugmeat that night at Somerset. It just depends which team turns up on Saturday, and I hope it's the one that blew away Ayr in 16 minutes.

3 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Not a hope in hell we’ll take anything from this. Will be pleasantly surprised if we can escape without a proper hiding.

Expecting a cracking day out nonetheless. Killie is an underrated away day. 

If you’ve got the right folk with you then any ground can be a good day out tbf.

17 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Not at all. Just be nice to see you languish in the Championship for another season. It would be hilarious. 

Would rather Killie go up over Arbroath. We should be aiming for automatic promotion next season and that would be harder with Killie still here.

22 hours ago, Reid said:

Would rather Killie go up over Arbroath. We should be aiming for automatic promotion next season and that would be harder with Killie still here.

I have my doubts, even if Kilmarnock aren't in this division that we will mount a title challenge. 

42 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

I have my doubts, even if Kilmarnock aren't in this division that we will mount a title challenge. 

We should still be aiming for promotion though. Whether we will or not is another matter.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If we go up and Dundee come down then there would be no obvious favourites for next season.

I’d guess Dundee would probably have a similar budget to Kilmarnock this year, but they’re a basket case and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they struggled to take advantage of it.

Of course, if Killie fail to go up this year as well there may have to be budgetary cutbacks at RP as well. Would still fancy you to be favourites for the league regardless, though.

Even this feels a but optimistic but im wondering if we'll go for a tried and true "cling on for dear life to get a draw in order to end a poor run of results", but that involves strong defending and/or scoring a goal at some point. Im pretty sure we've done that before in mccalls first spell at least, go ultra cautious/defensive to get a point just to stop the rot.

More likely a routine 2-0 win for killie where they barely get out of 2nd gear and mccinnes settles for 2-0 rather than rubbing our noses in shite.