Dumbarton vs Montrose

2 hours ago, Thommo90 said:

Maybe I'm ripping it a bit, but the big man was poor, was hoping he could pick up where he left off but spend most of the first half falling to the ground.

To be fair to him he didn’t really look all that fit to me, he was probably trying to over compensate for his lack of fitness by trying to win fouls etc.  I’d also say that even a half fit Josh is better than what we’ve been watching recently, he gives defenders something to think about and makes us look like an actual football team rather than 11 guys just running around without a clue what they are doing. Having a focal point further up the park makes such a difference.

I definitely think it’s going to take him a good few matches to get up to fitness by which point I’m convinced we’ll be deid anyway. The fact he’s the only natural striker we’ve had on the books all season is absolutely ludicrous and one of Stevie Farrell’s major failings.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

To be fair to him he didn’t really look all that fit to me, he was probably trying to over compensate for his lack of fitness by trying to win fouls etc.  I’d also say that even a half fit Josh is better than what we’ve been watching recently, he gives defenders something to think about and makes us look like an actual football team rather than 11 guys just running around without a clue what they are doing. Having a focal point further up the park makes such a difference.

I definitely think it’s going to take him a good few matches to get up to fitness by which point I’m convinced we’ll be deid anyway. The fact he’s the only natural striker we’ve had on the books all season is absolutely ludicrous and one of Stevie Farrell’s major failings.

100% agree he needs to play and to try get fit for the (most likely) playoffs.  Hopeful Syvertsen can contribute something important before the season is up.  I'd written him off like most months ago.