Dumbarton vs Montrose

Today really cemented it for me the manager should go.

For whatever reason Montrose never turned up today and half way through the game we should have recognised this and used our sub effectively to win the game. Instead we waiting until 70 odd minutes to make a change. Just terrible game management.

32 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Totally deluded 😂

18 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I missed the second half. Would anyone describe our performance during it as excellent?

We would have had a much better chance of getting the winning goal if Wright hadn't taken an eternity with every goal kick he could... infuriating!

What was the referee like today?

We (Raith) had him last week, and previously, and he's far and away the worst of the current bunch, in the face of stiff competition.

He looks like an angry wee boy whose granny bought him an ill-fitting referee's outfit and his maw has made him go outside to play in it.

19 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

We (Raith) had him last week, and previously, and he's far and away the worst of the current bunch, in the face of stiff competition.

He looks like an angry wee boy whose granny bought him an ill-fitting referee's outfit and his maw has made him go outside to play in it.

Yeah pretty dreadful. Fortunately didn't really change the result but he was all over the place...

Gave the penalty but I was sure the foul was committed outside the box. Need to wait and see the highlights though! But obviously it was saved anyway.

Edited by squeezebox-son

1 hour ago, squeezebox-son said:

We would have had a much better chance of getting the winning goal if Wright hadn't taken an eternity with every goal kick he could... infuriating!

He took his time for sure but we could have played all day and not scored. We basically missed an open goal 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Terrible as always. Definitely has wee man syndrome. Both him and his assistants missed a arm/punch to the back of the head to our striker. Gave throwing the wrong way. Was gaging to give a penalty and ignored our players pointing out the big chuck in the ground where the player was taken out was outside the box. 

Only positive is that he may have got the red card right. 

8 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I see a lot of comments on the ref but tbh our fans love a moan about any ref. He was ok today, didn't do anything wrong and wasn't spectacularly good. Penalty call was 100% right and i missed the red card call but apparently it was the correct decision. To get the only 2 big calls right is all u can ask really. The rest is subjective that some folk will agree/disagree with but all in all done nothing wrong. 

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

I see a lot of comments on the ref but tbh our fans love a moan about any ref. He was ok today, didn't do anything wrong and wasn't spectacularly good. Penalty call was 100% right and i missed the red card call but apparently it was the correct decision. To get the only 2 big calls right is all u can ask really. The rest is subjective that some folk will agree/disagree with but all in all done nothing wrong. 

He was pish. As Jan has pointed out, he causes tempers to flare by his piss poor game management and seems to argue with players rather than control them. He doesn't apply the rules consistently. A number of times he let things go then seconds later pulled it back for similar offences. Got the penalty right and there were very few complaints about the red but Jan even called a red card coming about 10 minutes before that, such were the emotions on the pitch, which was quite bizarre in a shite 0-0. That's on the ref. 

I vowed I wasn’t going to watch this one but I caved in and cut a lovely days fishing short to tune in. I really wish I hadn’t bothered.

We at least looked like a semi cohesive football team again but we were so shit scared of losing that we basically just played for a draw. I was thinking we’d keep it tight for 20 minutes and then go seeking to win the game but it didn’t happen. We don’t have time to be playing out shitey 0-0 draws. Paul Paton missed a sitter but we didn’t create that many chances. I’m sick to death now of watching Conor Duthie skin 2 guys and balloon the ball out the park, if he can’t complete a cross, play a pass or take a dig that’s on target there is nae point in him being there. I think there is player in there but his lack of end product is gradually getting worse as the weeks go by.

To have 0 shots on target, at home, in a must win game is absolutely criminal. We have all but confirmed our playoff place now IMO. Get Farrell to f**k.

Amidst the routine mediocrity mention should be made of a very decent performance by George Stanger at centre-back.  He took the simple option and generally handled everything that came his way.

Elsewhere though it was more of the same.  BBPF mentioned Duthie above; he is high energy but low end product and for a team that creates very little in attack three consecutive corners that fail to clear the near post is infuriating.  Perhaps time to give Wilson a start.  

Now don't all laugh, but I thought Syvertsen showed a couple of decent touches when he came on.  Every little helps.  But we're finishing 9th at best.

13 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Ah, come on Peter. I know you are a ref and try to defend them at times but he was poor yesterday. Very inconsistent, stopping the game needlessly at times for soft fouls and then letting it go at others for stronger and more clear infringements. Some throw ins and free kicks he seemed adamant about where they should be taken and stopping yards being stolen but then other times didn't bother at all. One of the main things I expect in a ref is consistency. Finally, in my opinion, he got the 2 big calls you mention wrong too. I thought the pen was a foul but was outside the box and the red seemed harsh to me as I don't think there was any intent and it was accidental. I may change my mind after seeing them again but that's my opinion in real time.

Fortunately his decisions didn't change the result and nothing he done or didn't do would have made a difference to us not drawing 0-0 yesterday. Apart from maybe sending off Dillon (perhaps) but even then I don't really see where we would have scored.

4 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Amidst the routine mediocrity mention should be made of a very decent performance by George Stanger at centre-back.  He took the simple option and generally handled everything that came his way.

Elsewhere though it was more of the same.  BBPF mentioned Duthie above; he is high energy but low end product and for a team that creates very little in attack three consecutive corners that fail to clear the near post is infuriating.  Perhaps time to give Wilson a start.  

Now don't all laugh, but I thought Syvertsen showed a couple of decent touches when he came on.  Every little helps.  But we're finishing 9th at best.

Agreed on syvertsen.  Looked better than big josh and was only on the park for 10 minutes.  Let's hope he stays fit.

There's no doubt that Syvertsen is a good player when fit. I think on our podcast that every single Clyde player picked him out as the best player technically at the club. It's such a shame that he not only gets injured, but that they always seem to be serious long-term injuries.

6 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

Ah, come on Peter. I know you are a ref and try to defend them at times but he was poor yesterday. Very inconsistent, stopping the game needlessly at times for soft fouls and then letting it go at others for stronger and more clear infringements. Some throw ins and free kicks he seemed adamant about where they should be taken and stopping yards being stolen but then other times didn't bother at all. One of the main things I expect in a ref is consistency. Finally, in my opinion, he got the 2 big calls you mention wrong too. I thought the pen was a foul but was outside the box and the red seemed harsh to me as I don't think there was any intent and it was accidental. I may change my mind after seeing them again but that's my opinion in real time.

Fortunately his decisions didn't change the result and nothing he done or didn't do would have made a difference to us not drawing 0-0 yesterday. Apart from maybe sending off Dillon (perhaps) but even then I don't really see where we would have scored.

I do try and defend them yeah, but I will criticise them when it's deserved too. I was very critical of the same ref following the Dundee game. I do feel our fans do jump on the refs a bit too much. He isn't the greatest ref no, but in this game he didn't do much wrong, the penalty looked a stonewaller to me and iv not seen many claim otherwise, if the foul started outside the box it definelty continued into the box which means pen is correct. As for the red, I didn't see it properly but not many again have disagreed but fwiw intent has nothing to do with deciding on a card, just because you don't mean to smash into someone doesn't absolve you of any punishment.