Dumbarton vs Montrose

I’m sure we’re all bursting with excitement for this one.

Montrose look all-but-confirmed for third place, but I suppose you always want to be going into the playoffs with a bit of momentum. Either way, I’m sure the Gable Endies will look like they have much more to play for than we do.

Clearly Farrell will still be in charge, so I’m sure he’ll be targeting a draw, which will be blown out of the water when we concede inside the first 5 minutes.

I normally at least make a point of watching the stream but I don’t think I’ll bother this weekend. It looks like it will be another weekend of decent weather and watching/attending Sons games has fallen well down my list of things I enjoy doing on a day off.

Judging by recent results Montrose don’t tend to score many goals but I suspect there will be at least 2 or 3 gifts coming their way on Saturday, we just need to hope they fluff them and somehow manage to win a penalty or something.

I’m working at 4, so I’ll watch the first half, which will probably be more than enough anyway.

It’ll be interesting to see how the players react to Farrell’s interview. I have a feeling he’ll make some more insane changes in formation and lineup.

Would be nice if Oyinsan’s back. Heard he was taking part in the weekend’s warm up.

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I’m working at 4, so I’ll watch the first half, which will probably be more than enough anyway.

It’ll be interesting to see how the players react to Farrell’s interview. I have a feeling he’ll make some more insane changes in formation and lineup.

Would be nice if Oyinsan’s back. Heard he was taking part in the weekend’s warm up.

I believe he had been for a few weeks now...

Easy away win.

Hopefully we still waste loads of time and cheat our way to a defeat just to see and hear the seethe from the away fans 😂

Edited by squeezebox-son

2 minutes ago, microdave said:

I nearly spat out my irn bru there when I read the match preview saying that Syvertsen could be fit for tomorrow. Carswell, Paton and Oyinsan are also back.

If Syvertsen can return seven months after he vanished and play a part in keeping us up then he could become one of the most unlikely cult-heroes we've had.

If nothing else though our squad handsomeness will get a much needed boost with this news :wub:

Oyinsan back is the better news but I do worry he may not be fit to start. My level of expectation of getting anything meaningful from Syvertsen is zero so anything he can contribute is a bonus. Of course they could both score and we'd still not win if we continue to ship goals in the manner we have. 

Looking forward to another weekend of beach football. 

Hutchinson out is probably the best of that news he’s absolutely brutal in central midfield.

Slightly more confident with the squad news but that will likely have vanished by the 4th minute of the game.  If we go behind it’s curtains.

Ah, don't worry... we'll have mystery injuries to both goalkeepers and end up with Oyinsan in goals on account of him being the tallest or something.

God, he might even start there and we can have both 'keeper's on the bench (maybe not the worst idea... 🙄). Faz loves playing a man out of position so wonder who will be where in the starting 11 roulette tomorrow.

7 hours ago, GordyBrow said:

This game will be my first visit to The Rock since Carswell's late winner against Raith in February 2020, so I'd say we're pretty much guaranteed to get scudded by Montrose.

That would be on the cards whether you're at the game or not.

Anybody brave enough to use the season ticket offer to bring a mate along for free?

I wouldn't subject any of my pals to 90 minutes of Dumbarton football.

Straightforward away win. Montrose will score in the first 10 minutes on the way to a comfortable 2 or 3 goal victory.