Jump to content

Queen’s Park v Clyde


Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

We really need to bin players like Nicoll. His tackling is wild and most refs in this league would normally have booked him for both of those challenges.

Did the new boy play at all?

He did. Last 10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

We really need to bin players like Nicoll. His tackling is wild and most refs in this league would normally have booked him for both of those challenges.

Did the new boy play at all?

Kev.I.N Nicoll was one of the players keeping Bob Job on side, how sweet 

Edited by QPSpider1867
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, JT1867 said:

Minus: missing Peter Grant for next week's game against Cove.

Hmm, I personally don’t think that’s a minus like other QP fans believe it to be. If Morrison is fit next week then him and Foxy are better imo. 

Shouting and organising can only get you so far, at some point you need to run, defend and not pick up loads of bookings. I personally think Owen Coyle will have plans beyond Peter Grant and I hope so too, need a better defender in there with pace. He’s gave us something when fit over the past 2 years but I can’t see him in the Championship, if that is our aim. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Bit of a riddy being about 500 years old and not knowing the offside rule imo

Bit of a riddy for the Clyde number 7 for throwing a hissy fit when we took a free kick for offside three yards inside the Clyde half because he doesn't know the offside rules.

Edited by JT1867
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, JT1867 said:

Bit of a riddy for the Clyde number 7 for throwing a hissy fit when we took a free kick for offside three yards inside the Clyde half because he doesn't know the offside rules.

A fair number of the Clyde fans were seething about that as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a wee swatch at the highlights. The two lunges by Nicoll look even worse. Grant's second was fair enough, it's a "technical" booking for a tug, but he wasn't looking to hurt anyone. That's football for you.

Anyway, a big win for us and good to hear the support during and after the game.

Ally Love remains a wee angry shite.

Edited by Hampden Diehard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m all for teams having a “hard man” in their side. I think QP have missed one in midfield this season. But I would also like the hard man to have some sort of footballing ability. There’s a difference between mistiming tackles or deliberately “leaving a bit in”, and going out to do opposition players. Kevin Nicoll isn’t a hardman, he’s a thug who is also absolutely sh1te at football. 
 

Anyway. We thoroughly deserved to win that. McHugh deserved his MOTM. Very unlucky (again!) not to score with the one that hit the post. Would still like Quitongo to start next week. We really lack pace and although he should’ve scored at least one of his chances, the guy is exciting to watch and an excellent out ball. 
 

Also, slightly off topic, but LOL at Falkirk. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Firstly on Nicol’s challenges, it’s incredible he only got 1 yellow for two tackles that could’ve easily brought reds onto him. He was done a while ago, and does us no favours at all. 
 

Then the goal - looked into the rule out of interest more than anything but the keeper is irrelevant since there are two players behind him. McHugh is only offside if he’s in front of the second last player, which is tight judging by that image. Could’ve been given as offside on another day, but a tight call. 

D3C8AACE-8120-4E2D-A948-38CB28C2C165.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Definitely not offside. Pleased to say Nicoll at the back post played him on. Had he been sent off earlier it might not have been a goal. Justice served.

I thought that too, but it’s the other Clyde player who plays him on- the one nearer to six yard line.... the second last defender.

 

Is it offside if the player is behind the goalkeeper? If the goalkeeper is the second-last opponent and you are behind him, you will be deemed as offside. However, if there are 2 players behind the goalkeeper, you will only be offside if you are ahead of the second-last opponent”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, JBJ said:

I thought that too, but it’s the other Clyde player who plays him on- the one nearer to six yard line.... the second last defender.

 

Is it offside if the player is behind the goalkeeper? If the goalkeeper is the second-last opponent and you are behind him, you will be deemed as offside. However, if there are 2 players behind the goalkeeper, you will only be offside if you are ahead of the second-last opponent”

Yes, but if Nicoll had been sent off there wouldn’t have been two behind the keeper. 

No idea what he was doing there anyway. No-one’s legs even close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Outside of the ninety minutes, where I’ll claim for absolutely anything, I’m not really one for moaning about refs but Cook was absolutely shocking yesterday. One of the worst in years. Proper “look at me” stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, an86 said:

Outside of the ninety minutes, where I’ll claim for absolutely anything, I’m not really one for moaning about refs but Cook was absolutely shocking yesterday. One of the worst in years. Proper “look at me” stuff.

What was the story with him going over to the clyde bench after one of their substitutions. Seemed to be checking teamsheets with the linesman or something.

For a moment I wondered if there we were in for another 'Clyde field ineligible player v QP' situation.

Also did I see hom booking Coyle at some point? What happens there then if he's not officially under contract till June?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Also did I see hom booking Coyle at some point? What happens there then if he's not officially under contract till June?

Aye. I did wonder about that one as well. Have to assume we’ve made sure that everything’s above board. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

What was the story with him going over to the clyde bench after one of their substitutions. Seemed to be checking teamsheets with the linesman or something.

For a moment I wondered if there we were in for another 'Clyde field ineligible player v QP' situation.

The oncoming Clyde player wearing no.10 was listed as no.19 on the teamsheet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...