Arbroath v Rovers

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m saving myself for the cup final. Too many defeats ahead of that will just put me off.Β 

Logic says we’ll get pumped here with a makeshift defence, but Arbroath are struggling to keep up with Killie. I’ll go for a tight game with Β Arbroath winning 1-0, or just maybe the makeshift Rovers putting in a fighting performance and battling to a draw, or even an away win.

I think that’s all bases covered.

Arbroath 1 v 2 RoversΒ 

Zanatta masterclass.

I have assumed Zanatta is still doubtful due to β€œno change in injuries” and him having missed the last two, although on the bench for Partick, with an ankle knock…but I hope you’re right and I’m assuming wrong.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

I have assumed Zanatta is still doubtful due to β€œno change in injuries” and him having missed the last two, although on the bench for Partick, with an ankle knock…but I hope you’re right and I’m assuming wrong.

Zanatta was fit last week. He was about to come on until Benedictus got himself sent off.Β 

4 hours ago, Fide said:

It’s true. You’re the most humble team in the land. Everyone’s darlings. c***s.Β 

Oh come on confi, everyone loves an underdog

8 minutes ago, ecto said:

Oh come on confi, everyone loves an underdog

I dunno, think about all those teams in the Disney/Hallmark movies who have to play against the plucky underdog...

5 minutes ago, pub car king said:

All this underdog business has got me thinking. Anyone have a dog that can play centre back?Β 

Β 

Screenshot_20220325-205724_Google.jpg

If Rovers sent out a team full of dugs in their wee dug kits I have to admit I would be kind of half rooting for them they’d just be too adorableΒ 

Β 

Β 

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If Rovers sent out a team full of dugs in their wee dug kits I have to admit I would be kind of half rooting for them they’d just be too adorableΒ 

Β 

Β 

You've obviously forgotten that with dugs comes dugshit. Something we've served up a lot of in the last three to four months on a regular basis.

24 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Β 

Β 

Sorry but I'd be sending a few steak and black pudding bad boys into the corners to create some space in the penalty box....Β 

Β 

Arbroath vs Raith Rovers - Team News

It’s the same line up from last week as Dale Hilson rejoins the squad following injury as does Derek Gaston who is on the bench.

C'mon the Lichties

Arbroath
21 - Calum AntellΒ 
2 - Jason Thomson
3 - Colin Hamilton
4 - Ricky LittleΒ 
5 - Thomas O’Brien (c)
6 - Nicky Low
18 - Chris Hamilton
8 - Michael McKenna
19 - Craig Wighton
20 - Jack Hamilton
28 - James Craigen

Substitutes
7 - David Gold
9 - Dale Hilson
10 - Gavin Swankie
11 - Bobby Linn
12 - Scott Stewart
15 - Luke Donnelly
16 - Sam Ford
17 - Michael Bakare
1 - Derek Gaston (GK)

Raith Rovers

17 - Robbie Thomson
2 - Reghan Tumilty
3 - Liam Dick
7 - Aidan Connolly
8 - Ross Matthews
9 - Jamie Gullan
14 - David McKay
16 - Sam Stanton
18 - Ethan Varian
21 - Sean Mackie
99 - Matej Poplatnik

Substitutes
11 - Dario Zanatta
13 - Brad Spencer
22 - Ethan Ross
25 - Aaron Arnott
29 - Greig Young
32 - Lewis Budinauckas (GK)

Officials;Β 

Referee; Alan Muir
Assistant Referee 1; Andy Milne
Assistant Referee 2: Paul McAvinueΒ 

Arbroath vs Raith Rovers copy.jpg

It’s really just one of our four senior centre backs away from being a pretty good team.

Is that really so much to ask? Benedictus, Berra, Lang and Musonda all started the last time at Gayfield too.