Arbroath v Rovers

9 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

The lad Dick is awful 

McGlynn brought in Sean Mackie, ostensibly to replace Dick, but he's not exactly hit the ground running. It's not easy to come into a team on a really poor run, and he hasn't been appalling by any measure, but I wouldn't say he's been a noticeable upgrade either. 

I have really no idea what sort of team we will put out. MacDonald and Berra off injured on Saturday, Benedictus suspended, Musonda away on international duty, Lang’s done his ACL and Dave McKay wasn’t in the squad at all on Saturday. That’s our goalkeeper and all of our centre halves. Ben Williamson is away on international duty, Spencer has dropped back out the squad again after being on the bench one week following his 4 months out, with Vaughan a long term absentee. I think the third choice goalie is also not available. 

I make that 10 (ten) possibly out 😂 This season can f**k off asap. 

edit: That leaves us with 13 players available who have played any minutes for us this season. 1 goalie, 3 left backs, 1 right back, 2 centre mids, 3 wingers and 3 strikers. Best of luck, John. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I have really no idea what sort of team we will put out. MacDonald and Berra off injured on Saturday, Benedictus suspended, Musonda away on international duty, Lang’s done his ACL and Dave McKay wasn’t in the squad at all on Saturday. That’s our goalkeeper and all of our centre halves. Ben Williamson is away on international duty, Spencer has dropped back out the squad again after being on the bench one week following his 4 months out, with Vaughan a long term absentee. I think the third choice goalie is also not available. 

Jamie Gullan also missed out on Saturday... 

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

edit: That leaves us with 13 players available who have played any minutes for us this season. 1 goalie, 3 left backs, 1 right back, 2 centre mids, 3 wingers and 3 strikers. Best of luck, John. 

Goodwillie is still on the books…….

6 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

On the Goodwillie subject. Are Raith supporters still boycotting? Will their be a smaller than normal travelling support on Saturday? 

It's mostly the Rovers team that won't be there in person, tbh.

11 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

On the Goodwillie subject. Are Raith supporters still boycotting? Will their be a smaller than normal travelling support on Saturday? 

There will be, likely due to the chronically bad form.

Home crowds have remained 1.5k or so, which isn't bad considering how awful things are.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Our crowds dropped off the first couple of games after the signing but then have picked up since. Still a bit below what would normally be expected but considering we've only won one league match this year it's hard to compare like for like. 

I think there are still a handful of posters on here who have said they won't be going back this season at least. 

This could he a banana skin for Arbroath who basically have to keep winning. 

When our backs are against the wall and we have some ramshackle selection of a team we grind results out. 

Or alternatively we'll get absolutely ridden. 

8 hours ago, pub car king said:

This could he a banana skin for Arbroath who basically have to keep winning. 

When our backs are against the wall and we have some ramshackle selection of a team we grind results out. 

Or alternatively we'll get absolutely ridden. 

I’ll go with your last sentence, it’ll basically be a backs to the wall scenario.  This squad have absolutely no back bone for a battle, how many goals will Arbroath score who knows!! 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

If Arbroath thought we came to Gayfield to play for a draw back in December just wait until Saturday.

Who'd have thought that day that none of the 4 centre backs we started with that day (Musonda, Lang, Benedictus or Berra) would be available for the fixture second time round....