Arbroath v Rovers

11 minutes ago, Fide said:

Pretty much most of their key players are full time. 

Eh? Chris Hamilton, Jack Hamilton and Craig Wighton are full time. Wouldn’t say that’s “most of our key players”. I think our fans would say our key players would also include Gaston, the back 4, Low, McKenna and arguably Stewart and even Linn, none of who are full-time.

Edited by Tattie36

Just now, stan3600 said:

You are a very persistent troll. That is nonsense. Our strength is our back 5 - all part time. Our most influential midfielder is Nicky Low - part time, and the top scorer in the Championship is Mikey McKenna - part time.

Confi is the biggest troll on P&B, has had a few aliases over the years, wouldn’t be surprised he isn’t having this wankfest with himself

36 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

It’s not a gimmick. We are and always have been a part time club. What’s your problem?

Aye that’s fine but some of your players are full time. You’re getting called part time when you have full time players playing for you. You have a hybrid squad, it’s not a part time squad. I’m incredibly sorry to have to break that to you.

Aye that’s fine but some of your players are full time. You’re getting called part time when you have full time players playing for you. You have a hybrid squad, it’s not a part time squad. I’m incredibly sorry to have to break that to you.

I suppose doing really well is always going to attract trolls.

3 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

I suppose doing really well is always going to attract trolls.

What I’ve said is correct whether you like it or not, brother. 

2 minutes ago, Seeker said:

You haven’t said anything. Why don’t you phone your brother rather than texting him on pie & bovril?

I’m sure that sounded funny and cutting in your head. 

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Aye so they’re a hybrid squad. Not fully part time. 

Every part time club in Scotland is hybrid then,all have atleast one full time player on loan 

1 hour ago, ecto said:

Confi is the biggest troll on P&B, has had a few aliases over the years, wouldn’t be surprised he isn’t having this wankfest with himself

You seem rather upset. In the however many years I’ve been on P&B I’ve only had two “aliases”. Confidemus and this one. And I’d be interested to hear of a single other example of me trolling. I’ll wait, but I suspect you won’t be able to come up with any. 

40 minutes ago, Fide said:

You seem rather upset. In the however many years I’ve been on P&B I’ve only had two “aliases”. Confidemus and this one. And I’d be interested to hear of a single other example of me trolling. I’ll wait, but I suspect you won’t be able to come up with any. 

Not upset, just pissed off at some of this garbage today, especially from supporters of some of the eight clubs below us, who would exchange league places with us in a heartbeat, clubs who should in all honesty be embarrassed that how their season has gone, 10 games we were top of the league, 10, Kilmarnock, who really should have skooshed the league and might yet win by a healthy margin, were forced to sack their manager and reinvest in their squad in January, not because they were chasing one of the so called big teams in the league, the fact they were chasing us part time not hybrid, part time Arbroath, we have had a brilliant season and no one is going to take that away from us, none of the teams around us is going to fancy playing us in the playoff or will Dundee or St Johnstone for that matter, if it comes to that, we genuinely have nothing to lose, club is in a brilliant place just now, playing in the championship next season is not going to effect us one bit, we genuinely have nothing to lose, not every club in the league can say that, are you a troll?, probably more an annoying rash , who can’t help himself, but only two aliases, really

15 minutes ago, ecto said:

Not upset, just pissed off at some of this garbage today, especially from supporters of some of the eight clubs below us, who would exchange league places with us in a heartbeat, clubs who should in all honesty be embarrassed that how their season has gone, 10 games we were top of the league, 10, Kilmarnock, who really should have skooshed the league and might yet win by a healthy margin, were forced to sack their manager and reinvest in their squad in January, not because they were chasing one of the so called big teams in the league, the fact they were chasing us part time not hybrid, part time Arbroath, we have had a brilliant season and no one is going to take that away from us, none of the teams around us is going to fancy playing us in the playoff or will Dundee or St Johnstone for that matter, if it comes to that, we genuinely have nothing to lose, club is in a brilliant place just now, playing in the championship next season is not going to effect us one bit, we genuinely have nothing to lose, not every club in the league can say that, are you a troll?, probably more an annoying rash , who can’t help himself, but only two aliases, really

At least you’re not letting it bother you, bud. 

What I’ve said is correct whether you like it or not, brother. 

It’s not correct though.

Their full-time players will train with their parent clubs when they are not training with Arbroath.
That’s obviously not how a hybrid system operates.
The manager sees all of his players (even the full-time ones) 2 or 3 evenings a week and only has that time to train and prepare with them.

In a hybrid system the manager will be able to work with his full-time players all day every day and add the part-timers in for the evening sessions.
Which is clearly very different to what Arbroath do.

So no, you’re not correct.

8 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I wasn’t there yesterday, but suggesting that Arbroath are “in Raith Rovers heads” because the guys that were there celebrated a goal too hard is a really strange thing to say. 

Speaking of strange things to say: “seggy fence”. Fucking stop that, ffs. 

Genuinely seen a good number of goals celebrated more this season.

10 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

If there had been another 5 - 10 mins in this match then Arbroath would have scored a winner - but Raith managed to (just) hold on for their point.

I also think we should have brought the subs Linn, Gold and Stewart on a little sooner - it's a big ask expecting them to deliver the good with only 4 mins left on the clock.

What this does prove is that the players never give up, they are determined to take this to the wire and were battleing and fighting for ball on every inch of the pitch.

Killie now have the advange and won't be easy to catch - but I also think Killie will drop points. The away match against Killie is now looking like a must won match and we now need some help for ot teams - but I am confident Killie will drop points and the gap will close.

Still in the mix and aiming to either win the title or finish 2nd is an amazing achievement.

Equally we could say if we had managed to field our first string back 4 we wouldn,t have lost goal 2 and 3 and possibly the first one

Both utterly stupid and unsubstantiated comments

7 hours ago, ecto said:

So not a single example then, as I suspected? Pleasing. 
Man, for all you’re having an excellent season, you hybrid Arbroath fans are quite angry. 

7 hours ago, stevoraith said:

It’s not correct though.

Their full-time players will train with their parent clubs when they are not training with Arbroath.
That’s obviously not how a hybrid system operates.
The manager sees all of his players (even the full-time ones) 2 or 3 evenings a week and only has that time to train and prepare with them.

In a hybrid system the manager will be able to work with his full-time players all day every day and add the part-timers in for the evening sessions.
Which is clearly very different to what Arbroath do.

So no, you’re not correct.

It is correct. They have full time players playing for them. Therefore they don’t have a part time squad.  They have a hybrid squad of full time and part time players. 

The press, they’re own fans, you, saying their part time doesn’t really scan does it? Given they have full time players who play for them. How many times Campbell gets to work with them each week is totally irrelevant here.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

It is correct. They have full time players playing for them. Therefore they don’t have a part time squad.  They have a hybrid squad of full time and part time players. 

The press, they’re own fans, you, saying their part time doesn’t really scan does it? Given they have full time players who play for them. How many times Campbell gets to work with them each week is totally irrelevant here.

Absolutely this. The circlewank about Arbroath’s part time squad really is something to see.