Arbroath v Rovers

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
5 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:
That forced change shouldn’t have been the problem had we not signed injury prone players. Facts don’t care about your feelings

So who shouldn't we have signed up this season then?

Erm,, injured players for starters. That’s the obvious truth. 

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:
10 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:
Erm,, injured players for starters. That’s the obvious truth. 

Who did we sign when they where injured?

Lang, Keatings, we were actually told about his injury problems . Vaughan despite his obvious talent, we were lucky to get 5 full games out of him. Need I go on. 
Berra, was out for the majority of Hearts season back in the Premiership

Edited by baillieinleeds

Lang, Keatings, we were actually told about his injury problems . Vaughan despite his obvious talent, we were lucky to get 5 full games out of him. Need I go on. 
Berra, was out for the majority of Hearts season back in the Premiership
Lang done his acl in a freak accident and isn't actually overly injury prone. Keatings wasn't someone I thought a good signing regardless of injuries. Vaughan is clearly the most injury prone player in existence but if we actually got a bit of luck with him, we have one of the best players in the league available. Who could genuinely predict with certainty that he would have the same injury after medical professionals have said it shouldn't be a recurring problem

How many games has berra missed through injury? Considering his age, not many.

31 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

The “Premier league, you’re having a laugh” chant is probably the worst I’ve ever heard considering we’re a part time team sitting 2nd in the championship full of full time teams

Not as bad as the mutant attempting to throw the bin over the seggy fence. 

24 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

The “Premier league, you’re having a laugh” chant is probably the worst I’ve ever heard considering we’re a part time team sitting 2nd in the championship full of full time teams

To make it even more bizarre, I'm sure 'SPL' was used on at least one occaision. A league which hasn't existed for a decade.

You can see just how in the head of Raith Rovers we are by the scenes during the match yesterday. I've not seen an away teams fans celebrate a goal like that at Gayfield for years - and as for the absolute fannies chucking bins and stewards about, just embarrassing on so many levels. A middle aged woman in their own support then appears to start telling them off, they scuttle away, and 5 minutes later they've conceded two quick goals and are being roundly mocked by AFC fans and players a like. Funny. :)

Disappointed, annoyed and frustrated after that game. A good fightback from 3-1 down but we should never have been in that position after taking an early lead and dominating the first half. A mix up or lack of communication (?) between our defence and keeper handed Raith the equaliser. 

An early goal for Raith in the second half, another goalkeeper error, and we resorted to the default game of Scottish football, long high balls to no one in particular, just get the ball up the park and out of defence. Raith were finding gaps in our defence and when they scored a third goal it looked like game over.

Hilson worked as hard as ever when he came on and got a deserved goal and when McKenna scored the equaliser we pushed for a winner but Raith held out.

Full credit to Raith, their makeshift side were worth a point and could have taken all three. The big guy Poplatnik gave Tom O'Brien a hard time and not too many have done that this season. 

2 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Arbroath fans really are desperate for a pat on the head for their plucky underdogs who've been down't mine all week, eh? 

If there had been another 5 - 10 mins in this match then Arbroath would have scored a winner - but Raith managed to (just) hold on for their point.

I also think we should have brought the subs Linn, Gold and Stewart on a little sooner - it's a big ask expecting them to deliver the good with only 4 mins left on the clock.

What this does prove is that the players never give up, they are determined to take this to the wire and were battleing and fighting for ball on every inch of the pitch.

Killie now have the advange and won't be easy to catch - but I also think Killie will drop points. The away match against Killie is now looking like a must won match and we now need some help for other teams - but I am confident Killie will drop points and the gap will close.

Still in the mix and aiming to either win the title or finish 2nd is an amazing achievement.

2 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

If there had been another 5 - 10 mins in this match then Arbroath would have scored a winner - but Raith managed to (just) hold on for their point.

I also think we should have brought the subs Linn, Gold and Stewart on a little sooner - it's a big ask expecting them to deliver the good with only 4 mins left on the clock.

What this does prove is that the players never give up, they are determined to take this to the wire and were battleing and fighting for ball on every inch of the pitch.

Killie now have the advange and won't be easy to catch - but I also think Killie will drop points. The away match against Killie is now looking like a must won match and we now need some help for other teams - but I am confident Killie will drop points and the gap will close.

Still in the mix and aiming to either win the title or finish 2nd is an amazing achievement.

The baffling substitution was bringing LD on to play on the left