Arbroath v Rovers

I suppose McGlynn has previous for taking a squad decimated by injury, throwing a makeshift defence together and getting a result. However, it really is clutching st straws if all hopes are pinned on a repeat of that Aberdeen game 12 years ago.

As an aside, you can still get Arbroath at 11/10 at some bookies.

3 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

So, we have one keeper, no CB’s, one RB, three LB (two of whom have limited time at CB) to form a defence with, sweet! Did I mention three midfielders and assorted odds and sods for wingers and attackers…

6 hours ago, Sweaty Morph said:

I suppose McGlynn has previous for taking a squad decimated by injury, throwing a makeshift defence together and getting a result. However, it really is clutching st straws if all hopes are pinned on a repeat of that Aberdeen game 12 years ago.

As an aside, you can still get Arbroath at 11/10 at some bookies.

I saw Arbroath were evens and thought that was quite generous.

Guess Rangers felt sorry for us with Williamson called up…

33 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Anyone heading up to this game? If nothing else there'll be a certain morbid fascination about how we'll get on.

Morbid is about right…and that makes at least 14 fit players, so little chance of cancellation now.

I’m saving myself for the cup final. Too many defeats ahead of that will just put me off. 

Logic says we’ll get pumped here with a makeshift defence, but Arbroath are struggling to keep up with Killie. I’ll go for a tight game with  Arbroath winning 1-0, or just maybe the makeshift Rovers putting in a fighting performance and battling to a draw, or even an away win.

I think that’s all bases covered.

Arbroath 1 v 2 Rovers 

Zanatta masterclass.

Edited by Scary Bear

It might be my blind optimism, but this has all the makings of a potential banana skin for plucky Arbroath. 
Raith are obviously down to the bare bones, but I’ve seen many many examples of teams in this position grinding out a result. 
Mon Raith, in aboot them! 

37 minutes ago, Fide said:

It might be my blind optimism, but this has all the makings of a potential banana skin for plucky Arbroath. 
Raith are obviously down to the bare bones, but I’ve seen many many examples of teams in this position grinding out a result. 

Plucky Arbroath 

Seeez peace 

44 minutes ago, Fide said:

Nah, comfortable home win for the Pluckies this weekend.  I'm not even going to check the score, we beat Partick and I'll just presume the gap is still 2 points next week.