Arbroath v Rovers

I remember that match against Dumbarton a couple of years ago when we had a complete defence out. We would normally have been expected to beat them but they won 2-0 with two simple goals. We tried to defend in that game instead of taking the game to them. On Saturday I reckon the best form of defence with a weal defence is to attack - we have a strong midfield and attacking options. I think we need to take the game to Arbroath, no massed defence this time.

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

I remember that match against Dumbarton a couple of years ago when we had a complete defence out. We would normally have been expected to beat them but they won 2-0 with two simple goals. We tried to defend in that game instead of taking the game to them. On Saturday I reckon the best form of defence with a weal defence is to attack - we have a strong midfield and attacking options. I think we need to take the game to Arbroath, no massed defence this time.

That day we had Kieran MacDonald, Jamie Watson and Dave McKay as the only recognised defenders in the squad. I think Grant Anderson made up the back four.

So while Saturday looks bad at least it's not that bad. Although Arbroath are obviously better opposition also. 

19 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

That day we had Kieran MacDonald, Jamie Watson and Dave McKay as the only recognised defenders in the squad. I think Grant Anderson made up the back four.

So while Saturday looks bad at least it's not that bad. Although Arbroath are obviously better opposition also. 

Arbroath are twice the team we are. They’re a team, we’re a squad big difference. 

I obviously was aware Benedictus would be out but Lang and Berra are arguably a better pairing anyway. 

To hear they are injured too is a massive boost.

If Spencer is back, that'll be big for them. He's impressed me everytime I've seen him, including his spell at Forfar.

Be interesting Sir DC's selection this weekend as would be pretty harsh to drop any of the starting line from the game against Ayr United on Saturday albeit i would imagine if Gaston is fit he will be back in between the sticks although Antell done well on Saturday and kept a clean sheet i would imagine Gaston would be back in as no 1.

Nicky Low, Ricky Little, James Craigen, wee Hammy were all superb, McKenna was back to his best, i think Big Hammy and Wighton (a very clever player) play well together although we would like more goals from them, in fact all the players including the subs done well and Big Luke had some silky skills when he came on.

Well done lads, keep it up, C'Mon the Red Lichties, 36-0. 

Due to Raith’s defensive issues, I would like us to start with as sensible an attacking lineup as possible.

Essentially the same 11 as last Saturday but with Gaston in goals and either Stewart or Linn on from the start with Craigen dropping to the bench. Nothing against Craigen and he played very well last week but we need to go for it.

Edited by Tattie36

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Aye Arbroath and Killie are guaranteed to finish in the top 2.

They should, but Arbroath seems a bit ropey recently and you never know, even with three shitty teams chasing them, nothing is impossible.

They should, but Arbroath seems a bit ropey recently and you never know, even with three shitty teams chasing them, nothing is impossible.

We’re definitely not catching them and I don’t think ICT fans or Partick fans will say their chances are any different to ours at catching them

I’ll also put it out there that Arbroath will be in the final as well as I don’t think of the 3 of us will beat them over 2 legs after 2 tough games on the week leading up to them.

3 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We’re definitely not catching them and I don’t think ICT fans or Partick fans will say their chances are any different to ours at catching them

I’ll also put it out there that Arbroath will be in the final as well as I don’t think of the 3 of us will beat them over 2 legs after 2 tough games on the week leading up to them.

The problem is you are choosing one team, a team that has been wobbling recently, against three teams, who have all sucked recently BUT who had strong streaks earlier this season. Statistically, one of the three should turn around, and unless Arbroath bank a few points, they can be caught. Do I think they’ll be caught, no…would I bet on them versus the field to win in the playoffs, no.

9 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I dunno, we had the cigars out against them a fortnight ago.  They posed us zero threat.