Airdrie v Cove - Diamonds Do or Die

At least another two bodies coming along with me on Saturday. Including my uncle, currently living in Sweden, who booked a flight on a whim earlier this week to come to the game. Really hope the latent fan-base and wider town back the team on Saturday. This team more than deserves it ♦️

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Had a chuckle at the "Karen" on the Facebook page who when told by someone that her 12 year old should absolutely come along but he and his pals should maybe leave their drums at home went full passive aggressive with her response 😂😂😂😂

As others have mentioned, the FB group is interesting to say the least. That said, I actually found her response well measured. I didnt read anywhere in the guys response where he said that her son should "absolutely come along".

In fact he seemed to discourage it, likening younger fans with drums to ultras who come and sing Rangers songs. Weird response.

1 hour ago, *marko* said:

As others have mentioned, the FB group is interesting to say the least. That said, I actually found her response well measured. I didnt read anywhere in the guys response where he said that her son should "absolutely come along".

In fact he seemed to discourage it, likening younger fans with drums to ultras who come and sing Rangers songs. Weird response.

I agree. Quite a weird response to a someone who was just looking to be respectful before bring a drum and a group of young laddies along to create a bit of atmosphere.

Hope they bring the drum. You hear a lot worse in the stands anyways!

7 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Glad to have been asked to come on. Commend you on the podcast as a whole, very well made. I enjoyed listening to the Airdrie part more than hearing myself!

Roll on Saturday. Hoping for a match that honours the occasion.

Good to hear your voice after all these weeks of exchanging views on here. Clearly going to be a challenging  day and it would be good to see us both going up.  

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Good to hear your voice after all these weeks of exchanging views on here. Clearly going to be a challenging  day and it would be good to see us both going up.  

Thanks. You have a very good podcast there in OTL. Colin is a superb host and it's so effortless for him to post the questions and share his opinions. A sign of quality.

We chatted for a good while prior to the recording about both sides, Scottish football as a whole and L1. I don't often get the chance to do that with other clubs fans (in voice) and it was a joy. Nothing like Scottish football, it's rich history and many evolving talking points. I'm sure I could have that same dialogue with many a fan on this Airdrie thread and with other clubs too. For now it's P&B to share our views.

Got a cup final feel to this one! Hope the boys get the turnout they deserve and the crowd is behind them from start to finish. As for the Facebook comment on the drum, get the young lads in and bring it along, our place is like a library most weeks so a bit of noise will be a welcomed change! Mon eh diamonds ♦️ 

Many many years since I've had this match day feeling.

Been up since 5:45, had the dug out a wander and down by the stadium this morning.

I just hope Airdrie don't "Airdrie" it. 

Give us a chance for the last few games, fire the pressure on the leaders and see where we go.

I f*cking love you Airdrie ♦️

McAllister missing from the starting lineup is a big blow; didn't see that coming. 

Suspect that is tactical as PH said in the local paper this morning that there were no injury concerns, even Ryan Strachan who has been out for weeks passed a fitness test mid-week.

I think we'll be packing the central midfield and Scully will be tasked with man marking Easton as he did at Balmoral in the last fixture.

Mitch up top alone with Fyvie supporting. Changes the way we play and limits our attacking threat considerably. Can't go long, no outball.

Unfortunately sat at home today and will watch the game on stream. Wife tested positive for COVID on Thursday evening and I felt very ropey this morning even though I tested negative. Stream it is.

Screenshot_20220326-140310.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

We can't be playing long balls or high balls into the box as with no Rory we don't have anyone to win them. So far the tactics of leaving Rory out for Scully hasn't worked for us.

Everything needs to short, sharp passing and so far we've not done that nearly well enough. Airdrie started strong. Giving us a bit more time on the ball now but it's too slow from Cove

We stole a point there. We deserved nothing, we're off our game. Airdrie far sharper, played with more energy and looked like they had more quality in the final third. Took a worldy from Fyvie who would score that once in 50.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I think that will be cove winning the league now. Let’s hope for the play offs

You'll be within 2 points after next Saturday. The pressure will be right back on us. Not over yet. A couple of slack performances could see us drop points 

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

You'll be within 2 points after next Saturday. The pressure will be right back on us. Not over yet. A couple of slack performances could see us drop points 

Guted for the Airdrie players but takes a goal  like that to win the league, thought we were going to get 3 point's sfraid I'v been there more times than I like to remember, just thought we have the quality this year ,