Airdrie v Cove - Diamonds Do or Die

22 minutes ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

Also as had been said the monetary value of us getting the three points cannot be judged as yet but if it were to turn out that these three points won promotion then the whole issue is a moot point. 

Get the fans in, generate some atmosphere and roar this side on to a win.

Which seems to be the point the OP is completely missing.  I'm pretty sure the strategy here is to increase the chances of a win by trying to get a solid support behind the team.  If it doesn't work, then the club gambled with a few thousand quid and lost.  If it does work we'll be in with a stronger chance of winning outright promotion and making it to the "riches" of the 2nd tier of Scottish Football.

Will we break the 1k attendance for this game,can we muster around 850 home fans , with the reduced prices,   Cove I would think would bring 150ish, which would be a  decent following.  It is what it is,times have changed......

all that matters is what happens on the pitch and the boys have all done us proud this season, whatever happens in the next few weeks..

Great move by Airdrie to cut ticket prices. Sounds like a ticket is usually priced at £18, which is ridiculous for League 1 football. Ticket prices are of course a Scottish football problem in general.

I’m probably not going to go but I have been giving the game serious thought as it looks like a tasty prospect and it’s a chance for me to tick off the Excelsior. I think a surprising number of neutrals will go along to the game, especially now with the new ticket prices and given that there is no top flight football on. As someone said earlier, it does look like it will be the biggest match in the country on the day.

2 minutes ago, diamond daft said:

Tickets purchased and bringing a few extra bodies aswell. Buzzing for this. The atmosphere has been great the last few matches home and away which must continue this saturday. Pub, sunshine and Airdrie. 🍺☀️♦️⚽

managed to get a few heads from work, with there partners and weans to buy tickets also!  Every supporter going should make some kind of attempt to at least get 1 or 2 along with them.

I'm still buzzing.

13 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

managed to get a few heads from work, with there partners and weans to buy tickets also!  Every supporter going should make some kind of attempt to at least get 1 or 2 along with them.

I'm still buzzing.

Considering reduced prices, and fans able to get friends/family along as well as the need for a section for away fans, neutral interest, and the area behind the dug out being used for subs, what do we think are the chances of a second stand being opened for this game?

3 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Considering reduced prices, and fans able to get friends/family along as well as the need for a section for away fans, neutral interest, and the area behind the dug out being used for subs, what do we think are the chances of a second stand being opened for this game?

The main stand is huge, from memory it holds 3,750 so I can’t see that being a requirement but the buzz about the game is great and the fact you have to buy in advance for the discount will help the club plan

31 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I'm still buzzing.

100%. 

Plenty of folk saying they used to go years ago or have a soft spot for Airdrie. So nows the time to show it. 

1 hour ago, diamond daft said:

100%. 

Plenty of folk saying they used to go years ago or have a soft spot for Airdrie. So nows the time to show it. 

More or less said the exact same on twitter ( @ammoairdrie for anyone btw 😉)

I've got a different feeling to years gone by though, even for parts of this season I've been quietly pessimistic (see my prediction league guesses for Airdrie) but this year there's just something different, in a good way.

6 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I'm still buzzing.

Managed to add 2, maybe 3 onto my usual ticket purchase. Massive game. Fully believe we can do it.♦️♦️

Usual jaunt down from South Queensferry for me and 2 additional bodies roped in.

Might even jump on the train to allow for some pre and post match libations.

Not sure which way the game will go but I'm here for the ride with this team.

9 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

podcast ahead of the game. Thanks to @CoveRangers1922 for being a good sport and coming on with the opposition view. 

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/6PFHQBHkpawWydDL7

Great listen as always. Don't think I've ever had a week drag in as much as this has. Hoping for a great crowd and atmosphere. The team deserve it.

3 hours ago, Mr November said:

Good to see that Cove fans will be in the opposite stand on Saturday, always makes for a better atmosphere when the stadium is a bit fuller and there’s fans across from you.

We are massive.

13 hours ago, CapitalDiamond said:

podcast ahead of the game. Thanks to @CoveRangers1922 for being a good sport and coming on with the opposition view. 

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/6PFHQBHkpawWydDL7

Glad to have been asked to come on. Commend you on the podcast as a whole, very well made. I enjoyed listening to the Airdrie part more than hearing myself!

Roll on Saturday. Hoping for a match that honours the occasion.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

35 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Glad to have been asked to come on. Commend you on the podcast as a whole, very well made. I enjoyed listening to the Airdrie part more than hearing myself!

Roll on Saturday. Hoping for a match that honours the occasion.

we were delighted to have you. 

There’s nothing worse in life than hearing your own voice. Editing the podcast does at least mean that I’m used to it…. And can sympathise with what others hear now!!! 

Had a chuckle at the "Karen" on the Facebook page who when told by someone that her 12 year old should absolutely come along but he and his pals should maybe leave their drums at home went full passive aggressive with her response 😂😂😂😂