Motherwell v St Mirren Robbo’s Return

Just now, Biscuits said:

Only six points in front of the farmers - I’m genuinely concerned now. We’ll be lucky to win another game this season

I said on the Dundee United thread we were heading for the playoff. At this rate, we'll also lose it. 

Spineless and soft as shite. The moment I saw we’d opened the scoring, my first thought was ‘how are we going to spunk away this latest lead?’ That is not because I am permanently pessimistic, it’s because this lot are soft as shite and an easy touch who regularly spunk away leads.

Either Shaughnessy or McCarthy has been doolally at every goal. Obviously you can blame Lyness or Fraser for individual errors but the two centre backs have been shocking.

It’s embarrassing how much better Ronan is than the rest of the team even not having his best game.

All that was required of Robinson was to come in and not rock the boat. It was a rocky boat, but Goodwin had overseen a steadying of the ship. Robinson has flushed the turnaround in fortune right down the toilet.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

A lot more worrying is that St Johnstone are now 6 points behind us and we play Rangers next.

Quite a shocking change of fortunes under Robinson for sure, relegation would have been laughed at a few weeks ago, it’s now looking like a distinct possibility with St Johnstone starting to pick up points.

FT 4-2
Yeah well beaten, should probably have lost by more. Second half a non event and Well score the first time they get in behind. As the old song goes, you’re nothing special, we lose every week.
We are an absolute shambles.
What destruction and decline Robinson has wrought, I’d bite your hand off for 10th right now. I actually wouldn’t be that surprised if he somehow managed to relegate us. He’s turned us from a side who was hard to beat into one that just loses every game. Quite remarkable in a way, it’s hard to imagine anyone doing a worse job than six defeats out of seven. We’d have been better keeping Clangers in charge than paying £100k for that vandal. Wonder if he’s going to tell the fans to f**k off again? I’m sure none of us would be upset if he took his own advice and resigned this evening.
Rangers next!

Standard stuff from Saints.  

Better team for most of the second half without looking particularly dangerous. 

Make an attacking sub, lose a cheap goal, and then totally fall apart, making Motherwell look like Madrid for the last 15 minutes.