Motherwell v St Mirren Robbo’s Return

Getting back to the game we were slightly unlucky with the first goal when the ball ricocheted back off another well player. We do however need a real leader at the back, the defence as a whole is simply not good enoughThe first three goals we scored were pretty much down to St Mirren with the defenders as a whole and goalkeeper all needing to take a look at themselves. Tait just gave up yet again for the first, loved him at his best but he was done before he even left us and he’s not going to get any quicker. St Mirren have a couple of top player, better than anything I think we have, but the rest are looking Championship quality. Robinson deserves a level of criticism but Goodwin even more In my view.

7 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

If I were a Motherwell fan I’d be embarrassed at the *fact* that there have been more st Mirren fans in fir park than any other club, including their own 

😂

Worth mentioning St Mirren will never have the highest support at their own stadium either. Celtic sold the stadium out with their own supporters for the infamous friendly games there.

There has never been as many fans of one club in fir park before or ever will be again
owned deal with it [emoji106]
OK, I'll take the bait, eventually. I've got no idea if Saints had more supporters that day (reports I've seen before suggest it was 50/50) as I'm too young to remember details (but was probably at the game). I do know we had numerous games in the early 80's with over 30k in attendance when we would have had less home fans than that cup game and therefore there would have been more away fans than St. Mirren had that day.

There you go, I've dealt with it.

If KVV hadn’t put his shot into Taggart’s car park that would have been a great goal, even better if he had rolled it back into Tierney.

Aye, Tierney looked fairly upset with him about it. Tbf, I thought Van Veen cut it back near enough every time he took the ball down the line so he was entitled to have a go himself when the lead was secure.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

OK, I'll take the bait, eventually. I've got no idea if Saints had more supporters that day (reports I've seen before suggest it was 50/50) as I'm too young to remember details (but was probably at the game). I do know we had numerous games in the early 80's with over 30k in attendance when we would have had less home fans than that cup game and therefore there would have been more away fans than St. Mirren had that day.

There you go, I've dealt with it.

The internet, the home of crackpots, what can you do.

12 hours ago, Munoz said:

Not the best way to go about your business. 

At the time it was exactly what was needed and we went on to have a good season. Just missed top 6 but 2 cup finals. 

13 hours ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Motherwell v St Mirren

Scottish Cup 4th round 1977

The fact is that there were more St Mirren fans in Fir Park that day than there have *ever* been Motherwell fans or indeed fans of any club 

If I were a Motherwell fan I’d be embarrassed at they fact

indeed, I’d be ashamed 

Nice to see you again Captain. I've missed this.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:
17 hours ago, gordon.kennedy said:
SMISA appointed him they take full blame...

The only trouble is that they can't afford to pay him off he will be the best championship manager

WTAF ? A total nonsense of a post !

Yeah, Dick Campbell would be better.

8 hours ago, ropy said:

Most places are still reporting a Richard Tait o.g. Do we need to wait for the MFC GoPro to confirm Shields knocked it in, what will the record books say?

Tait it was?

23A78AA7-2456-46BA-A8C1-5DAB4C595C4C.png

13 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

McCarthy still seems to being credited with Saints second goal despite it clearly being Mugabi who knocks it in.

That is what I thought but the GoPro doesn’t play back goals conceded