Motherwell v St Mirren Robbo’s Return

2 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

If you get off at Motherwell station its maybe only 5 minutes difference from Airbles, cheaper for your return tickets and you'll pass a McD's, 2x Italians .... Tony Macaroni's and Da Claudio's plus Indian Villa all have seats. Chinese buffet at Hup Lee isn't a million miles out your way and is one of the better ones.

Cheers.

19 hours ago, Hendo said:

Planning to go to this with my son on the train in a probably futile attempt to get him back interested in the footie.

Is Airbles the nearest station and how far is that to the ground? And are there any family friendly pubs near the ground that sell food?

TIA.

Steelworks is only a five minute walk from the stadium and again should be fine for food if you're booking a table in advance. I may be wrong but think they only enforce the 'home fans only' policy against the Old Firm so should be fairly relaxed with you going in.

Despite the tombola being a running joke I actually think a lot of the team is fairly predictable these days, it’s just not a team that any sane person or someone actually wishing to win would pick.

A true tombola approach would surely randomly throw out Slatterly and/or Shaw starting every now and then.

Motherwell 1 St Mirren 2.

Our descent towards the play offs to continue at pace. 

Can’t see past a home win. I’ve really not been impressed by Robinson since he arrived. I thought he was a poor choice before he arrived and nothing has changed my mind.

The Saints team this season has been very inconsistent. Even when we went on a wee run after the winter break, some of those results were very fortunate. Goodwin got the Dons job on the back of that run, when before the break many were wondering how long he could survive at Saints.

Hopefully by 4.50pm on Saturday we have the cigars out, but after following Saints for so long I’m still looking over at the teams below us.

The honeymoon period with Robinson never even started. Unbeaten this year before he took over then a huge downward slope under his tenure. Saying he wouldn't change a winning team then changing the formation in his second game didn't help him. Neither did him swearing at fans or blaming the players. Don't think this will end well.

Both teams need a win so I predict a 0-0 draw helping no-one and the suffering continues for another 6 games.

What's the script with Robinson at the moment? I've been getting too worked up with our results to notice anyone else's.

I would suggest St Mirren fans to stick with him. If there's one thing from his time from us it's that he accepted when things weren't working and would make an effort to change it (take note Graham Alexander). Don't think there's any danger of you going down and with a full pre-season and a few of his own signings, Robinson has shown he's a good manager at this level.

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

The honeymoon period with Robinson never even started. Unbeaten this year before he took over then a huge downward slope under his tenure. Saying he wouldn't change a winning team then changing the formation in his second game didn't help him. Neither did him swearing at fans or blaming the players. Don't think this will end well.

Both teams need a win so I predict a 0-0 draw helping no-one and the suffering continues for another 6 games.

There is zero chance you won't score. I believe we've hit one clean sheet in the last 15 and that's with our goalkeeper being our best player!

1 hour ago, Ron Aldo said:

What's the script with Robinson at the moment? I've been getting too worked up with our results to notice anyone else's.

Results, performances and behaviours aside, it's been a tough start to his tenure for all parties.

I think it's been acknowledged that he's replaced a club legend, previous cup winning,  handsome, successful (at the time of his departure), former club captai and a very media savvy guy who was an excellent communicator. None of this is the fault of Robinson.

St Mirren also, if those ITK are to be believed, paid a 6 figure sum to get him released fron his contract with Morcambe. Again, not Robinson's fault. 

But there has been some eratic behaviour show by him towards our own fans. Albeit I wasn't there of know what was said to get him triggered.  There has been some blame directed towards him that he deflected towards the playing staff; again this may have been justified if they've not be doing what he's been telling them to but isn't a good look and won't be doing his standing in the dressing room any favours. Perhaps the most baffling is him doing exactly what he stated that he would not by changing the formation away from what had been successful back to something that demonstrably has not.  

Performances haven't been great but the kicker for me was the lack of result against Ross County. That was a pivotal moment that could have changed everything. Success silences critisism. Again, the performance against United was poor.  These are the games that are season defining for a club like mine and SO FAR he seems incapable of getting the best out of what we have, which is a reasonably good bunch of motivated and capable individuals. 

I've nailled my colours to the mast on only a few things on here.  I said John McGinn was too good to go to Celtic and got I pelters, but I stand by that.  I said Goodwin would be a successful manager back when he got his first gig and it'll be seen in time if I'm right over that. 

For me, the jury remains out on Robinson. 

Crazy to think that the winner of this could feasibly play in Europe next season, while the loser could equally feasibly end up in a relegation play off. 

It's even crazier that, given these stakes, absolutely no-one appears to be looking forward to the game. This season has broken us all.

I am looking forward to it.  I have missed the last two games. Robbo’s return is interesting.  Alexander computing another unique selection combination.  The run in truly starts here.  The sun may be shining.

Equally, I have been kicked in the teeth before.

I am going along tomorrow more in hope than expectation. I see that a few players have had Covid this International break. They seem to be in contention however according to GA. He also hints that he also had Covid. 

I am hoping all this will have made him realise whatever it is he was trying to do was not working and to do the same again may yield the same negative performance / result. But that is wishful thinking. 

I fully expect the midfield to consist of Donnelly, Goss and One other. Tierney, Slattery and Shaw to miss out again. Despite there being strong arguments for all 3 to start ! Would also like Woolery to start but again unlikely as he was in decent form for a few games. Apparently the reward for that is to be benched. I suspect that is why none of our players actually want to play well. They know the following week they will be dropped. 

For both teams this is a massive game. Whoever loses (and I know who my money is on 🙈) will miss out on top 6 and will be shitting themselves should St Johnstone get 1 or 3 points.

I have often gone to Fir Park with fear or dread, but that is pretty much the default setting these days 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I am going along tomorrow more in hope than expectation. I see that a few players have had Covid this International break. They seem to be in contention however according to GA. He also hints that he also had Covid. 

Dundee did well at Fir Park with Covid so now we are trying it