Motherwell v St Mirren Robbo’s Return

Lose, or even draw this one and our outside hopes of a top six place will be gone, as will my interest in the remainder of the season, so there's more than a fair chance that my seat will remain unused for the rest of the season after 4.45pm on Saturday. What would be the point in pissing away any more afternoon's sitting miserably in the cold watching that shite?

The poor fayre does little to entice you through the gates, and if it's to be bottom six and essentially a few dead rubbers, then the lure diminishes to absolutely zero. I suppose it's far from outwith the realms of possibility that we utterly Hibs it and St Johnstone claim a few wins while we continue to flounder and put the pressure on us, a la County in the play off season. Surely not though lads, surely not.....

Anyway, I see this being a low quality draw and our sensational plummet continuing, and since we just don't do clean sheets I'll go for 1-1, but a 1-2 reverse would surprise absolutely no-one in the slightest.

I think, for the first time in as long as I can remember, I'm going to this on Saturday knowing that even if we win it's still going to be a fairly unenjoyable day. That in itself is depressing.

Edited by Al B

Looking forward to this one as I'll be away on holiday and will actually be on a plane when the game is on, so won't even be able to watch it - same for next Saturday. After missing the Hibs cup game and Perth the week after for different reasons, it feels like I've chucked it - I don't think I've ever missed 4 'Well games on the bounce before - so that's something. 

Fully expect* us to be comfortably in the top 6 when I get back.

*don't expect

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Looking forward to this one as I'll be away on holiday and will actually be on a plane when the game is on, so won't even be able to watch it - same for next Saturday. After missing the Hibs cup game and Perth the week after for different reasons, it feels like I've chucked it - I don't think I've ever missed 4 'Well games on the bounce before - so that's something. 

Fully expect* us to be comfortably in the top 6 when I get back.

*don't expect

Just back from holiday, was on a plane for the Hibs cup game and in transit for the second half of the St. Johnstone game, in both cases it was some hours before I got online and discovered the outcome.  The lurch of the sinking heart as the bbc page opens up and the truth is discovered would indicate that ignorance (or denial?) is the best option.

I was really looking forward to the St Johnstone game because I thought, perversely, we would finally get back on track.

I am now really looking forward to this game too but much like you look forward to a trip to the dentist - the sooner it's over and done with the better. 

You can say that about the remaining seven games tbh...scouting for gossip and pre-season friendlies sounds like absolute bliss compared to any actual football being played.

I made my 0-2 prediction years ago when this thread first went up and still see no reason to change.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Urgh. There's a grim inevitability about this. I've seen this movie too many times.

It seems we're all in the same cinema together :(

I've missed a few Motherwell games recently and given I'm an armchair fan with proper access to every match via streaming, that just shows what a 'mare it's been.
I might watch this one "because I ought to", but it'll be more than happy to walk away from it when I either get bored to death with watching the hoof-ball, or we're losing.  

My money is on the latter

1 minute ago, Ron Aldo said:
11 minutes ago, well fan for life said:
The first time one of our centre backs hits a 70 yard cross field pass straight out of play the crowd will immediately turn. 

First 5 minutes then?

You're being extremely optimistic if you think it'll be that long. 

35 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

You're being extremely optimistic if you think it'll be that long. 

Donnelly should just shell one into the East Stand or disabled enclosure straight from kick-off, the booing could be done and the more sprightly folks back to their pints by 3.03pm.

Planning to go to this with my son on the train in a probably futile attempt to get him back interested in the footie.

Is Airbles the nearest station and how far is that to the ground? And are there any family friendly pubs near the ground that sell food?

TIA.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Planning to go to this with my son on the train in a probably futile attempt to get him back interested in the footie.

Is Airbles the nearest station and how far is that to the ground? And are there any family friendly pubs near the ground that sell food?

TIA.

No wonder he's sacked it if you're continually calling it "footie"...

Anyway, Airbles is the nearest train station to the ground, but it's probably a good 20 minute walk to the away end of Fir Park.  There's a pub/restaurant right next to Airbles station - The Electric Bar - but it'll be busy on a Saturday afternoon so might be worth trying to book a table if you're wanting some food.  

I think it's usually home fans only on a matchday, but if it's just you and the wee man and you're in for food, it shouldn't be a bother at all.  If you book in the bar area, you'll get to see whatever early game is on as well.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

TIA.

If you get off at Motherwell station its maybe only 5 minutes difference from Airbles, cheaper for your return tickets and you'll pass a McD's, 2x Italians .... Tony Macaroni's and Da Claudio's plus Indian Villa all have seats. Chinese buffet at Hup Lee isn't a million miles out your way and is one of the better ones.