Motherwell v St Mirren Robbo’s Return

42 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

Robbo’s return.

St Mirren tae win and go above us.

Robbo tae say how much respect he had for Motherwell.

Alexander tae say he was happy with the performance despite St Mirrens 3-1 victory. 

Thoughts gentlemen ? 🤔

I am thinking the thread is far too early. Both sets of fans are still traumatised from the weekend. 

I am praying the two week break gives Alexander time to reflect on his shite selections and tactics. But then I know that won’t happen and we will try and shitfest a win. It will be going to plan until Conor Ronan scores from 65 yards or the referee awards a dubious penalty or most probably both. Liam Kelly will save the penalty and it will be retaken until St Mirren score. Probably on the 6th attempt. 

We were under Goodwin an extremely compact outfit who were very difficult to beat.

Step in Robinson to the managers chair of a team on an 8 game unbeaten run. Let’s just steady the ship as we say, don’t fix what ain’t broken. The bold Robinson has other ideas. We now look like a team who concede every time the opposition get anywhere near our goal.

If we somehow manage to finish 10th under this guy then I’ll be relieved. 

We always oblige when a team have been on a bad run and need a morale boosting win. Get your money on a Motherwell win.

Edited by glenburn bud

8 hours ago, D-Fens Foster said:

Robbo’s return.

Alexander tae say he was happy with the performance despite St Mirrens 3-1 victory. 

Thoughts gentlemen ? 🤔

I think you’ve covered it. 

I can only imagine Alexander will watch back our game from Saturday, conclude the problem was we had too many bodies in central midfield and move to a 6-1-3 formation.

I've not seen much of St MIrren under Robinson, (the second halfs v Dundee and Hearts) but they clearly have an attack - or at least the potential in their attack - to leave our defence in shreds. And I doubt they'll be too bothered about us aimlessly booting the ball back to them whenever we have it.

St Johnstone was the final straw for my hopes for this season, a win there would really have had me believing we could still salvage something. Not any more - 0-2 to the Buddies.

The mad thing is, we were both sitting 4th at some point on Saturday 🤣.

No idea of the score, but I predict this will be one of the worst games of football anyone with eyes has ever seen.

Neither of us are getting top 6, which is a shame, ours mostly down to Aberdeen stealing our manager and for Motherwell it's just a case of being shit after a good start.

I would expect a draw, if not a narrow win by either side, but most of the action will be on the touchline as both Robinson and Alexander seem one bad decision away from going tonto on the sidelines.

Far, far too early for this thread.

This will probably be a draw or something. Alexander's record against St Mirren is P 4 W 1 D 3 L 0 F 5 A 4 and the only teams to have beaten us at home by more than one goal this season are Celtic x2 and Rangers.

I'd guess he'll probably ditch the 523 experiment and go back to a 433.

Edited by capt_oats

My very early thoughts for this match. The might change later on.

1. We are going to have atleasts 3 changes, none of which will involve starting Woolery or Tierney. McGinnely will start once again but maybe Mugabi will get a place (hopefully not on the wings or somewhere else like upfront).

2. Balls to be lumped up. No midfield passes and anything that is won in midfield is passed back to be lumped up. O'Donnell will continue his own lumping to the corner flags with no Well Player in sight.

3. Concced a soft goal/penalty and fail to win the game. Even if wr go ahead first, ST Mirren will score 2 goals atleast.

4. Only 1 sub at the 80th minute. Even if someone gets injured and taken off. Alex's hatred for Subs will force us to play with 10 men until then.

5. Boo's to ring out at Full time and some jeers of "Sacked in the mornin" and the like.

11 hours ago, D-Fens Foster said:

Robbo’s return.

Thoughts gentlemen ? 🤔

Could you not have waited till next Friday before starting the thread - I really didn't want to think about this match  yet.

Can't see the Fakes bridging the gap (famous last words) but it would be depressing to get cut off from the pack and drift downwards towards them.

Edited by btb

12 minutes ago, btb said:

Could you not have waited till next Friday before starting the thread - I really didn't want to think about this match  yet.

Can't see the Fakes bridging the gap (famous last words) but it would be depressing to get cut off from the pack and drift downwards towards them.

It's going to happen play offs for us.

55 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Motherwell on a terrible run? Need a victory? Excellent, Saints will roll up and provide you some points. 

We cpuld say the same thing. Intact we haven't even won a game this year highlights our issues.

Also, there's the old "former manager comes back to haunt you" curse.

If this is anything other than a St Mirren win then I will be shocked. The Home support will not be behind the Motherwell team if we are not infront after a short while.

Edited by Phillips455