McGhee’s Dee v Handsome Jim’s Randy Reds - April 2nd

28 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

Yep,  I'm nobody's idea of "woke" but even I know that his "it's a man's game" bollocks is a total embarrassment in 2022.

I’m obviously hoping that we’re not in the bottom six, but if we are I’m looking forward to a 90 minute rematch between these two protagonists, or however long one of them lasts before a red card.

Edited by kingjoey

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

It was genuinely the sort of shit I'd expect a kid at primary school to come out with.

Seems like you're a bit upset if I'm totally honest m8.

22 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

aye right enough..are you old enough to remember that season where you finished bottom and stayed up on a technicality ....its not the 80s anymore you are also classed as a diddy club

No matter how much times a lie is repeated it doesn't suddenly become the truth.

Brockville being a death trap saved Aberdeen the inconvenience of a 3 way play off not relegation 

42 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

No matter how much times a lie is repeated it doesn't suddenly become the truth.

Brockville being a death trap saved Aberdeen the inconvenience of a 3 way play off not relegation 

It should also be remembered that we knew the risk had been removed before the season ended.   So we didn't have the motivation of desperately trying to avoid relegation in our final games.  If we had, it's at least possible results would have been different. and we could have avoided the play offs anyway.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’m obviously hoping that we’re not in the bottom six, but if we are I’m looking forward to a 90 minute rematch between these two protagonists, or however long one of them lasts before a red card.

The fat thug doesn’t have 90 minutes in him. 

I think it's fair to say that the bulk of folk from both sides who have commented on the match itself have said how poor it was.  Is it the modern football fan's mindset that if your team doesn't win, then it's never a good game? I was really disappointed with the result yesterday but I thought it was a good game of football, with loads of excitement throughout. A point not what we were all looking for but good game. 

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I think it's fair to say that the bulk of folk from both sides who have commented on the match itself have said how poor it was.  Is it the modern football fan's mindset that if your team doesn't win, then it's never a good game? I was really disappointed with the result yesterday but I thought it was a good game of football, with loads of excitement throughout. A point not what we were all looking for but good game. 

It was definitely one of the more entertaining games we’ve been involved in to be fair. 

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Yeah 100%. I thought the game was quite entertaining, end to end at times, full of mistakes and fast paced.

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Totally agree , min.  I enjoyed the game despite the usual frustrations over misplaced passes and poor control and, of course , the Beaton factor.  It was enjoyable because whatever failings our team has , lack of effort wasn’t one of them. And we were at least looking like we could well end up with a serious goal attempt when we were in possession.  Certainly more enjoyable than what we were getting most games earlier in the season.

Edited by A96

It was an enjoyable enough game of football.

If you're a neutral and like that kind of thing, then AFC generally should be high up the box office list - as the keystone cops at the back have meant a dearth of clean sheets, and I believe no goalless draws at all this season.

As well as the limp defending, what constantly irritates me about AFC is how streetwise we never are - even our more experienced players.

Charlie Adam must be the only player that makes Emmanuel-Thomas look like an athlete, he hasn't played in weeks - yet comes on and manages to completely rattle us.  These players often tend to have different rules in the eyes of semi-starstruck refs (Brown had the same effect for us at times) - but when the only major danger is giving away set-pieces in dangerous areas, then why do Gallagher and then Watkins late on even give Beaton the excuse to give those free-kicks?

Hayes as well had one of those matches that where calm authority and experience is required, he's charging around producing endless brainf@rts.

Vinnie B continues to pi$$ off opposing fans with his antics - often the seethe is justified, but I am so used to certain opposing players having that effect on us (e.g. Adam), that it's welcome that we have got a player like that now !  

Also IFAB and the constant messing around with the handball rule.  It seems every block in the box now gets fans screaming for a penalty.  How many times does a player ever deliberately handle it? 10% maybe, as a last resort?  - now we have this unnatural bodyshape thing and it's a fkin shambles of a rule.