McGhee’s Dee v Handsome Jim’s Randy Reds - April 2nd

10 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Without Charlie Adam we'd be on about 10 points by now. Embarrassing how bad the rest of the team is in this league.

Charlie Adam has missed 16 of our 32 games this season. In those 16 games we have collected 2 (two!!) points! 

On a general note regarding this Aberdeen cheat #10 Besuijen. Aberdeen fans is this what this guy is all about? Does personal pride and self respect matter at all to these fellas? I mean they don't even seem to care that all of this stuff is on video and will be memorialised for all time on the interwebs.

There obviously isn't the will within the footballing governing authorites of our game to stamp this sort of thing out, but it's a shame that some of the players appear to have no internal standard that they won't fall beneath.

Besuijen shimmying his arse out the way for our second then leaping to his feet was pretty embarrassing. I hope he grows out of that but if we're looking at things we need to stamp out of our game, I think the authorities need to look at punching a fellow professional in the face twice as well as simulation. 

5 hours ago, CanadianDee said:

On a general note regarding this Aberdeen cheat #10 Besuijen. Aberdeen fans is this what this guy is all about? Does personal pride and self respect matter at all to these fellas? I mean they don't even seem to care that all of this stuff is on video and will be memorialised for all time on the interwebs.

There obviously isn't the will within the footballing governing authorites of our game to stamp this sort of thing out, but it's a shame that some of the players appear to have no internal standard that they won't fall beneath.

One of the problems in getting rid of diving is that on Sportscene last night all three of the guys on the show found this hilarious and were falling about laughing at it. 

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

One of the problems in getting rid of diving is that on Sportscene last night all three of the guys on the show found this hilarious and were falling about laughing at it. 

He just needs to get better at it and do it in the less theatrical, dour Scottish manner. Throw yourself to the ground at the slightest touch, by all means, but don't go flnging the arms up or rolling about too much. Once he gets that he'll settle in fine. 

Edited by coprolite

Hi, again I watch the game of the day in Scotland (stranraer v Forfar was not online)

Aberdeen looked better, but by f**k they are shite at the back, not too good in midfield, toothless up front.

Dundee were even worse, but had a bit of fight in them.

Both mangers, had a play in the game. McGee came out on top, by bring on a 69 yo that can kick the ball in the box. Which Dundee did'nt know how to do before.

Aberdeen manager got it all wrong, he changed it, why?

Dundee DOON, Aberdeen lucky there is Dundee in the league.

5 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Who would’ve thought a point would  be more damaging to Dundee than us

You wouldn’t think so by reading this thread 

We still need to beat Ross County next week, that hasn’t really changed 

It's like after Arnie has fatally wounded the predator and it thinks it's hilarious to nuke the jungle. 

They've known they're doon for a while. 

4 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Besuijen shimmying his arse out the way for our second then leaping to his feet was pretty embarrassing. I hope he grows out of that but if we're looking at things we need to stamp out of our game, I think the authorities need to look at punching a fellow professional in the face twice as well as simulation. 

Ask your manager if he's got any suggestions...

Your first sentence is fairly accurate in the main although I would change 'pretty embarrassing' to downright mortifying.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

He just needs to get better at it and do it in the less theatrical, dour Scottish manner. Throw yourself to the ground at the slightest touch, by all means, but don't go flnging the arms up or rolling about too much. Once he gets that he'll settle in fine. 

We all understand that players skirt around the edges of the rules and often just step right over the line entirely, but the utter shamelessness of that guy yesterday was quite something. Does he have no self awareness or is he just a complete walloper? I wondered if he's got previous for this.

It's been a long time since I've seen a player bully another into having a complete meltdown. Possibly the last time was Fraser Wright winding up Nadir Ciftci for St Johnstone in the cup final.  Adam absolutely destroyed Ferguson time and again and he lost all composure to the point that he lost his marker for both goals.

Then for Adam to continue making him his bitch in his post match interview and subsequently set the Aberdeen faithful into frothing messes on Twitter was just the perfect lashing of gravy for that shitey steak pie posted further up the thread.

Edited by Ludo*1

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Who would’ve thought a point would  be more damaging to Dundee than us

You wouldn’t think so by reading this thread 

We still need to beat Ross County next week, that hasn’t really changed 

We've accepted relegation since the moment Mark McGhee was appointed. We're just watching and trying to take enjoyment on a game by game basis now.

36 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

We all understand that players skirt around the edges of the rules and often just step right over the line entirely, but the utter shamelessness of that guy yesterday was quite something. Does he have no self awareness or is he just a complete walloper? I wondered if he's got previous for this.

I didn't see yesterday but i'm unsurprised.