Bloo Toon v Navy Blue Toon

Absolutely. Hopefully our latter day saviour Anton will be back in his usual berth with Griffiths finally having some sort of supply…….yesterday was what we knew….the guy can no longer lead the line.

No point in being shrinking violets. We need to get the message out loud and clear, and the only way is by winning the game. A draw or a loss would just give QP a lovely sense of well being…….another FFC battle cry comes to nothing…..relax.

42 minutes ago, Bluetoon said:

Some unbelievable quotes from Jim there. Utterly shocking. Is level of contempt for the fans is astounding. What an arrogant man

I posted a negative comment on their Facebook page about the performance of the team and the need for a change of manager. I got a few comments from one or two of the "Jim must stay at all costs" supporters trying to make me feel guilty for not getting behind the team. I removed my comment and will not be making another one - it would appear that only positive comments are acceptable.

Guest Bluetoon
3 minutes ago, Balmoor Boy said:

I posted a negative comment on their Facebook page about the performance of the team and the need for a change of manager. I got a few comments from one or two of the "Jim must stay at all costs" supporters trying to make me feel guilty for not getting behind the team. I removed my comment and will not be making another one - it would appear that only positive comments are acceptable.

That's poor that you felt you had to remove it. It's something that is becoming more and more prevalent that if someone questions JM then they are made to be the bad guy. But yes, it does appear to be only positive comments that are allowed.

45 minutes ago, Bluetoon said:

Some unbelievable quotes from Jim there. Utterly shocking. Is level of contempt for the fans is astounding. What an arrogant man

Must be a different Jim from the one i know he certainly appreciates supporters that encourage the team, Seems to be a small minority about 3 that come on here & moan about anything to do with the club, one of which in an earlier post said he stopped going to Balmoor when Ayr beat us in the play-offs which was 6 years ago. Have found results frustrating only in a few games have we not been competitive & i have been at every game home or away.so can comment on how we have been playing. We always hear the same old things come out about local superstars not being taken on but there are folk at the club that know the local scene well and would put lads forward if good enough. It is a good sign giving players longer contracts as changing squads every year is difficult. Jim knows the game well enough not to get upset by a few that seem hell bent on the teams failure but personally will be encouraging him and the team as usual.

48 minutes ago, Bluetoon said:

That's poor that you felt you had to remove it. It's something that is becoming more and more prevalent that if someone questions JM then they are made to be the bad guy. But yes, it does appear to be only positive comments that are allowed.

The same thing happened a few weeks ago as well after a few negative posts on the Saturday - when I looked in on Sunday, they were all removed!!!

1 hour ago, Balmoor Boy said:

The same thing happened a few weeks ago as well after a few negative posts on the Saturday - when I looked in on Sunday, they were all removed!!!

Was that on here or Facebook thought only admins could take down posts. Would think if folk want to wash their dirty linen it would be better done in the actual Peterhead 19/20 thread on hear although the date needs changed. Better on there than match threads where many folk will even less interested in Peterhead than some on here.

Edited by peternapper

Peterhead very organised at TFS, and we conceded a goal via our circus clown defending that might well be the worst of the season (and that’s saying something).

MR seems to have finally given up on his preferred 3-5-2 (or 5-3-2), and if being “hard to beat” is the aim, it certainly failed miserably in perhaps our second or third worst display of the season against Airdrie, but worked against Dumbarton (but difficult to truly gauge).

We have to win….no ifs or buts. There are no “it’ll get better next week” games left. MR said that QPs lead was not insurmountable. That means absolutely no dropped points to teams below us.

14 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Really impressed  by Peterhead at the last game at TFS great organisation off the ball and hunted our players down in packs and looked much fitter.

Must win (obvs)  

I’d go further and say that Montrose (except maybe Airdrie) have been the best side I’ve seen this season. Completely took us apart with ease last game.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

I’d go further and say that Montrose (except maybe Airdrie) have been the best side I’ve seen this season. Completely took us apart with ease last game.

All squads that have been together for a number of years, says a lot about a consistent squad.

13 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Draw or home win. Can't see us taking all three points in all honesty. We just don't do well against anyone unless it's East Fife or Dumbarton. Another match ticked off which is about the only highlight. 

That's the spirit!

Not confident that we will win (going by the last meeting). It was a dire game on a horrible Tuesday night, and parking at the campus made sure I got a proper soaking by the time I got inside……..and then there was that goal for Peterhead…….every miserable aspect of our attempts at defending this season condensed into 5 second clip.

We have to win. Never mind the arithmetic, MR said QPs effectively 4 point lead isn’t insurmountable. True, but surely beating Peterhead tomorrow is an absolute must. I do not want us going to Firhill (I think it’s still Firhill) on the last day of the season looking for a win…….a place where we have scored none and conceded eleven in our last two visits.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I'd replace ATS, Hetherington and Griffiths with McCann, Jacobs and Dowds, assuming they're all available of course. 

I think Griffiths is (barring injury), a fixture from here on in.