Pars vs Thistle - Tue 22nd Mar

Jesus wept and so did I when they scored that early, toys oot the pram and said we'd be as well as turning it off.

However, composed ourself and got back into the game, big slice of luck for the first but it comes from a great cross, pleasing to see Dom coming right in aswell so both the defenders were occupied.

The second goal is just wonderful, I complained allot about the numbers in the box so it was pleasing to see our full back getting on the end of a absolutely fantastic cross!

For the third Edwards (who had a bit of a mare for the Thistle goal) redeems himself, he's actually the player that wins it from a Thistle throw in and puts the finishing touches to a lovely move.

I thought that Partick came into it a bit more by the end of the half, a good couple of saves from Mehmet but likewise I feel we should have scored on the break.

On the second half I feel any danger is going to come from Tiffoney on there left, I'm not saying Todd has been bad(far from it) but to help solidify the defence I'd be bringing on Comrie or Martin, someone more used to the defensive side of the game and standing up a winger, hopefully Yogi keeps in mind the massive shift our midfield put in and rotates them if they start to flag.

Delighted with the half, but please don't throw this away. 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I've always liked Kyle Turner as a player anytime I've seen him. Obviously a small sample size but I'm surprised he isn't a regular for Thistle. 

He's probably suffered more from McCalls insistence on playing 4-4-2 but he hasn't quite lived up to expectations other than his set pieces. Given the Dunfermline keeper it's probably worth having him on for those alone. 

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I've always liked Kyle Turner as a player anytime I've seen him. Obviously a small sample size but I'm surprised he isn't a regular for Thistle. 

Our two central midfielders are Docherty and Bannigan more or less every week, so he’s been playing wide on the right for us mostly which doesn’t suit him. Outwith set pieces, he hasn’t really done enough when he has played there but I’d still have him in the side over Cammy Smith. 

9 goals conceded (so far...) in our last three games including this one, fully expecting a Lawless free kick to kill us off and take it to double figures.

Longer term and maybe better for our general thread than the match one but we really ned to change the transfer policy up, allegria is poor and mayo, while having some good games for us up to this point, is young and liable for crucial mistakes/inconsistent dips in form. Hastie did nothing in his time here either, and jakubiak isnt a goalscorer. Got to be more judicious with who we get in, losing rudden is looking ever worse and worse for us as the season rolls on.

Very bizarre - yet unsurprising - to go from standard questions about the game and the manager to “what about Rangers eh?”