Pars vs Thistle - Tue 22nd Mar

1 minute ago, R&Y99 said:

Can have zero complaints that Dunfermline got the three points tonight.

We were completely the architects of our own downfall tonight. The number of unforced errors was tragic. 

It is now a fight for us to remain in the play offs, we are lucky to have not already dropped out of them with three straight defeats. Hopefully the remaining absent players return including Graham who can whip some of the slacking players into shape for the rest of the run in. For Dunfermline, will you stay up? Personally I don’t know if I truly believe anyone is doomed, anyone can beat anyone on their day in this league and you have given yourselves a platform to at least finish in 9th. It’s by no means over.

I always felt when so many Thistle fans were pinning their hopes on Tiffoney...was a daft thing to do even as capable player as he is.

Similarly....if Thistle fans start thinking.."just wait till Grahams back" that aint gonna work either.

Its a team game lads.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not even surprised 

performance Dunfermline put in against us a few weeks ago the best anyone’s probably played against us 

Aye Lichtie......but begs the question (and I bet all Pars fans would love to know this)

WHY HAVENT YOU DONE IT BEFORE NOW?

I'm sure many answers will be incoming......precious few from Maryhill/Glasgow I suspect.

16 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

I always felt when so many Thistle fans were pinning their hopes on Tiffoney...was a daft thing to do even as capable player as he is.

Similarly....if Thistle fans start thinking.."just wait till Grahams back" that aint gonna work either.

Its a team game lads.

I definitely don’t believe graham is just going to waltz back in and save the day. He is on something like a six game goalless run right now. My point was more he is a player who demands high standards and recently we have looked to be quite frank weak and pathetic. A voice like Graham’s on the pitch is something we are missing right now. 

Having Tiffoney back even not at 100% is always a good thing for us, but when the rest of the team don’t even look like trying and we don’t have a striker in the box for him to link up with then he isn’t as effective. (Through no fault of his own)

Edited by R&Y99

5 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

I definitely don’t believe graham is just going to waltz back in and save the day. He is on something like a six game goalless run right now. My point was more he is a player who demands high standards and recently we have looked to be quite frank weak and pathetic. A voice like Graham’s on the pitch is something we are missing right now. 

Having Tiffoney back even not at 100% is always a good thing for us, but when the rest of the team don’t even look like trying and we don’t have a striker in the box for him to link up with then he isn’t as effective. (Through no fault of his own)

Have to say it mate...I aint sheddin' any tears.

Was a great game to watch though.

Imagine Dom Thomas with prime Joe Cardle on the other wing. Sensual.

It’s not rocket surgery that we look a much better team when he is playing, and playing his actual position.

Dow looks like he is running through porridge these days so surely must make way for either Dom, Lawless, or Polworth going forward.

28 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Not even surprised 

performance Dunfermline put in against us a few weeks ago the best anyone’s probably played against us 

Reckon....thought they certainly deserved a draw however.

Slow and ponderous, without any real threat in the final third until last 10 when they had to go for it.  Knocked it about side to side without going anywhere. 

In an odd sort of way Hamilton have been good at Gayfield twice this season  (sending off then 4 goal reverse accepted)

45 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Reckon....thought they certainly deserved a draw however.

Slow and ponderous, without any real threat in the final third until last 10 when they had to go for it.  Knocked it about side to side without going anywhere. 

In an odd sort of way Hamilton have been good at Gayfield twice this season  (sending off then 4 goal reverse accepted)

2 clear one on ones, a block off the line, hit the post twice, hit the bar and O’Hara completely misjudging a cross 6 yards out was all pretty threatening. They had all the ball and got into good areas all game. Final shot or ball let them down. That’s clearly been a problem for them and also the fact they gave us some very good chances when we were never in that game but they definitely threatened 

I can’t remember us being in a game that one sided all season personally

2 hours ago, printer said:

Enjoyed the game. Dunfermline were excellent. Good to see Kevin O'Hara playing so well; I thought his work rate and chasing down defenders was crucial to how the Pars played.

All he was missing was a goal tbh. Pressed well, brought others into play and won free-kicks up the park.

I maintain that his yellow card was absurd though; just because the ref thought it was a penalty, does *not* mean it’s a dive.

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

All he was missing was a goal tbh. Pressed well, brought others into play and won free-kicks up the park.

I maintain that his yellow card was absurd though; just because the ref thought it was a penalty, does *not* mean it’s a dive.

I haven't watched it back on the telly but it just looked like an excellent tackle to me.

Great tackle and a corner surely? No, halfwit gives a yellow card for a dive and a freekick thistles way. Utterly bizarre.

6 minutes ago, par-adise said:

I haven't watched it back on the telly but it just looked like an excellent tackle to me.

3 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Great tackle and a corner surely? No, halfwit gives a yellow card for a dive and a freekick thistles way. Utterly bizarre.

Replay I saw made it look like defender got nothing on the ball but didn’t take out O’Hara either.

It’s clearly just a corner/goal kick and move on but of course the ref needed to get some attention for himself on the telly. c**t.