Pars vs Thistle - Tue 22nd Mar

30 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Will Partick have all their missing players back for the Killie game?

Even if we do, I doubt it makes much difference. This has the feeling of a squad who have downed tools.

47 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Ok, who the f**k started the ‘Thistle could win the league patter’ a week or so ago? They were about 40 points behind Arbroath or something. About 9 games in hand, granted. 

We were 8 points behind with 3 games in hand at one point.

This team was never winning the league, but there were a good few weeks where it was “in our hands”, as the cliched saying goes.

Brilliant performance and we certainly deserved that result. No complaints from me, every player put in a great shift and we played some good football. Every man in a black and white shirt put in a decent performance and gave their all. Not sure much more needs to be said than that.

Matty Todd BTW. Played great tonight in  that role and actually got stuck in. 

Some amount of effort from the lads, never stopped tonight. It was just the right progression to the performance from Friday night. 

Pay Dom whatever he wants if we stay up. 

2 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Matty Todd BTW. Played great tonight in  that role and actually got stuck in. 

Some amount of effort from the lads, never stopped tonight. It was just the right progression to the performance from Friday night. 

Pay Dom whatever he wants if we stay up. 

Aye, Todd was terrific. Happy to look like a p***k from doubting him and hopefully he can keep it going.

I love Dunfermline with all my heart, especially Mr Dominic Thomas. 

Glad to see us keep the intensity from Friday and find the back of the net more regularly.

Matty Todd looked good at RB him and Edwards grew into the game. Especially Edwards would have been understable for his head to go down after the season we have had.

Anyway onto Inverness 

Did I immediately turn on the recording as soon as I got in? Yes, it’s still great 2nd time round.

Fantastic from us,  tho I’d would be difficult to ignore how poor thistle were, they are one of the worst sides to play at east end this season, and that includes Peter grant managed teams.  McCall looked to have lost it, almost like he gave up on the game with his subs.

Ambrose gives me the absolute fear with him thinking he’s 10 times the player he actually is. Do the basics ffs, stop pretending you’re maldini.

Don’t need to say much about DT23, let’s just say I’d do nasty things to him if he’d let me.

Edited by parsforlife

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Did I immediately turn on the recording as soon as I got in? Yes, it’s still great 2nd time round.

Fantastic from us,  tho I’d would be difficult to ignore how poor thistle were, they are one of the worst sides to play at east end this season, and that includes Peter grant managed teams.  McCall looked to have lost it, almost like he gave up on the game with his subs.

Ambrose gives me the absolute fear with him thinking he’s 10 times the player he actually is. Do the basics ffs, stop pretending you’re maldini.

Don’t need to say much about DT23, let’s just say I’d do nasty things to him if he’d let me.

I'm not giving Ambrose pass marks tonight, he's on another planet half the time. When he brought it down and tried to turn back towards his own goal in what was essentially a stramash (you ken the incident I mean) it was mind blowing.

When we win 4-1 then its some laugh but he could cost us a win in the blink of an eye out of nothing. Nae need for it. 

But anyway, also nae need for negativity tonight. 

I only caught the last ten minutes of the game, but Thomas’s goal was a cracker. 👍

BTW,  @Hammer Jag is conspicuous by his absence tonight…….  I wonder why?  In just four days since his “haha Morton” post when the Pars equalised his team have conceded eight (EIGHT) goals and lost out on six goals.
Ain’t football wonderful sometimes?   😁😁😁

7 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

I only caught the last ten minutes of the game, but Thomas’s goal was a cracker. 👍

BTW,  @Hammer Jag is conspicuous by his absence tonight…….  I wonder why?  In just four days since his “haha Morton” post when the Pars equalised his team have conceded eight (EIGHT) goals and lost out on six goals.
Ain’t football wonderful sometimes?   😁😁😁

Without reservation Hucker.....this was the best Championship game I've witnessed this season (albeit on tv). A great game and great advert for Championship football.

As for Hammer Jag.......I am unreliably informed he has phoned Boris the Bampot to enquire as to whether his fridge was available on an AIR B&B basis.

p.s. If you find Hammer Jag..be sure to let gmfc know.

I think he's looking for him.😉

Edited by TONTROOPER

Can have zero complaints that Dunfermline got the three points tonight.

We were completely the architects of our own downfall tonight. The number of unforced errors was tragic. 

It is now a fight for us to remain in the play offs, we are lucky to have not already dropped out of them with three straight defeats. Hopefully the remaining absent players return including Graham who can whip some of the slacking players into shape for the rest of the run in. For Dunfermline, will you stay up? Personally I don’t know if I truly believe anyone is doomed, anyone can beat anyone on their day in this league and you have given yourselves a platform to at least finish in 9th. It’s by no means over.