Pars vs Thistle - Tue 22nd Mar

Not confident about tonight at all after last Saturday’s shocker .According to McCall and Archie most or all of our recent key absentees should be back ,question is are any ready for a full 90 mins as I can’t remember last time we put on a full on 90 minute show..at best a meh first 45 and decent second half or vice versa .

Would take an ugly 0-0 at this stage just to stop the rot .

1 hour ago, I Clavdivs said:

Not confident about tonight at all after last Saturday’s shocker .According to McCall and Archie most or all of our recent key absentees should be back ,question is are any ready for a full 90 mins as I can’t remember last time we put on a full on 90 minute show..at best a meh first 45 and decent second half or vice versa .

Would take an ugly 0-0 at this stage just to stop the rot .

We've not played for a full half let alone a full 90 minutes all season tbf

Yogi better start with two up top or this will be another draw after going behind, which will force his hand to eventually change it, then we grab an equaliser whilst looking miles better playing that tactic. It's almost as if playing a full 90 with that tactic might yield more points...

Anyway, if we've to give ourselves any chance of finishing 8th, we need to win tonight. 

12 hours ago, Stan Quinn said:

Come on Thistle. Ian McCall you owe us one as you let us down against both Morton and Hamilton.

Unfortunately, I think the Pars may get a result as Thistle seem to have lost it. They are missing too many key players.

Most of our key players should be available for tonight's game. Even with them in the side, we are struggling to score.

The real problems are McCall's selections and his tactics. Our mediocre bench lacks the quality to turn a game around.

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

Just for clarity, you’re meaning Neil Alexander? As in, the 44 year old who retired 4 years ago? 

The very one. 

I know, it's been a hell of a season!

Just for clarity, you’re meaning Neil Alexander? As in, the 44 year old who retired 4 years ago? 

Did you see our other option, when you came to East End at the start of the season?

If Alexander plays tonight and Stolarczyk plays when we travel to Firhill on the second last day, we’ll end up playing 4 different keepers in 4 league games against Thistle this season. This actually seems quite likely to happen.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Did you see our other option, when you came to East End at the start of the season?

If Alexander plays tonight and Stolarczyk plays when we travel to Firhill on the second last day, we’ll end up playing 4 different keepers in 4 league games against Thistle this season. This actually seems quite likely to happen.

Aye, if the choice of goalkeeper is Deniz Mehmet or ‘anyone else’ then put me firmly in the anyone else camp.

What happened to Fon Williams? I mean, I thought he was shite and all but still. 

Aye, if the choice of goalkeeper is Deniz Mehmet or ‘anyone else’ then put me firmly in the anyone else camp.
What happened to Fon Williams? I mean, I thought he was shite and all but still. 

Fon Williams got released last month, despite the fact he’s definitely been our best keeper this season (best of a bad bunch, definitely). He was replaced as a coach by Alexander.

20 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I'm more concerned about McCall playing defenders out of position.

It failed badly earlier in the season and he has not learned from his mistakes.

Playing central midfielders out of position (ie out wide) is a far bigger issue tbh. 
The defence have been solid for most of the season, despite the shambles that was last Saturday. 

Edited by JagsCG

23 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Playing central midfielders out of position (ie out wide) is a far bigger issue tbh. 
The defence have been solid for most of the season, despite the shambles that was last Saturday. 

Aye, it’s only really Foster in the defence who gets played out of position. You could argue McKenna, but he’s barely played anywhere other than right back for us, and I do think that’s probably his best position - it’s just that he’s still no very good at it.

McCall stockpiling centre midfielders without knowing what to do with them seems to be an ongoing issue for him. Really hope he sorts it for next season by signing some actual wingers who aren’t shite and/or constantly injured. On that note, is Dom Thomas out of contract? 

Think there's a reasonable chance we lose Tiff in the summer (unless he pings his Achilles again tonight) as well so we probably need 3 wingers as well as full backs who can actually attack (I know we were linked with Milne at Cove but don't think that's a done deal)