Pars vs Thistle - Tue 22nd Mar

Would have missed this game when it was originally scheduled and think I'll miss it this time round too. Not that I'm too fussed, tbh. I'll see the second half on the telly but we'll probably be a goal down by then. 

Of course if Hughes learned anything from the second half on Friday he'd see that moving the ball quickly is much bettet than slowing things down to increase the pass count, getting the ball wide then getting into the box is usually quite a good idea and having someone attacking the ball at set pieces can lead to chances and goals. Sadly, it's all about his "philosophy" so we'll be the same slow plodding pile of predictable poo as we have been for most of the season. 

Didn't rate Mayo too highly when he was here but seems to have done OK for the Jags, and no doubt he'll pop up with a goal to join the likes of Ugwu, Wilson, Muirhead, Reilly, etc that score against us. 2-0 Thistle and we hope Falkirk don't get the final play off place in the Seaside League.

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Would have missed this game when it was originally scheduled and think I'll miss it this time round too. Not that I'm too fussed, tbh. I'll see the second half on the telly but we'll probably be a goal down by then. 

Of course if Hughes learned anything from the second half on Friday he'd see that moving the ball quickly is much bettet than slowing things down to increase the pass count, getting the ball wide then getting into the box is usually quite a good idea and having someone attacking the ball at set pieces can lead to chances and goals. Sadly, it's all about his "philosophy" so we'll be the same slow plodding pile of predictable poo as we have been for most of the season. 

Didn't rate Mayo too highly when he was here but seems to have done OK for the Jags, and no doubt he'll pop up with a goal to join the likes of Ugwu, Wilson, Muirhead, Reilly, etc that score against us. 2-0 Thistle and we hope Falkirk don't get the final play off place in the Seaside League.

Really hope Mayo doesn’t play left centre back again. He was really uncomfortable there yesterday.

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Really hope Mayo doesn’t play left centre back again. He was really uncomfortable there yesterday.

He’s played there for most of the season and done well.

9 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Our defence had a poor day all round yesterday for sure, but Mayo has played LCB for most of the season and has been at least, pretty solid if not exceptional in some games. 

Really concerned about this game now, after a poor result against Morton the Hamilton game should’ve been where we bounced back (no divine right to win a match but that was the worst we’ve played in a long long time from the 1st minute to last), now we really need to get back to winning ways. 
McCall seemed a bit positive that Tiffoney would make this one, that would give us a lift even if he started on the bench. I think he’ll likely go back to Holt in central defence with either Foster (if fit) or Hendrie at LB. I’d be worried about starting Alegria as a lone striker again so Graham being back (even though he’s been off it a bit recently too) could also be a huge factor in whether we take anything from EEP. 

Really concerned about this game now, after a poor result against Morton the Hamilton game should’ve been where we bounced back (no divine right to win a match but that was the worst we’ve played in a long long time from the 1st minute to last), now we really need to get back to winning ways. 
McCall seemed a bit positive that Tiffoney would make this one, that would give us a lift even if he started on the bench. I think he’ll likely go back to Holt in central defence with either Foster (if fit) or Hendrie at LB. I’d be worried about starting Alegria as a lone striker again so Graham being back (even though he’s been off it a bit recently too) could also be a huge factor in whether we take anything from EEP. 
Does like a goal against us does Bran Gram.

Why does that offend people so much? It's like the cricket commentators now using batter rather than batsman. Makes no difference whatsoever and is still an accurate reflection of what they are doing (football player, cricket batter to match the bowler  fielder(s) and wicketkeeper). 

We're doing it tomorrow night. Going into play off spot tonight 3 points behind Ayr, going to be a 3-1 win. O'Hara, Lawless and Donaldson the scorers. Consolation by Kyle Turner.

Will it be enough in the long run i dont no, but strangely optimistic as i type this