So, What Law Would You Change?

For me, it used to be a player fouled and injured had to leave the field for treatment, so in effect, one player commits a foul, and by so doing, earns his team a man advantage until the injured player can rejoin the game. That was a ridiculous situation, and I was all for the player who committed the offence should also leave the field of play until the injured player comes back on. In case of a keeper doing the fouling, then an outfield player would go off in his place.

The handball for penalties now. Where it is clearly not a deliberate act, and a penalty decision at times seems ridiculously harsh (and the definition of an arm in an unnatural position is ludicrous), then ok, technically it is a handball in the box, but not one that clearly prevents a goal from being scored, then by all means, give a penalty, but give an 18 yard penalty.

You might score, but the chances of it are significantly diminished, and I would think it a bit fairer of a punishment than a 12 yard penalty for some of the handballs we now see being given.

Thoughts?

17 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

For me, it used to be a player fouled and injured had to leave the field for treatment, so in effect, one player commits a foul, and by so doing, earns his team a man advantage until the injured player can rejoin the game. That was a ridiculous situation, and I was all for the player who committed the offence should also leave the field of play until the injured player comes back on. In case of a keeper doing the fouling, then an outfield player would go off in his place.

If it's a foul then the injured player doesn't need to leave the pitch unless the treatment would cause a substantial break in play

3 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

If it's a foul then the injured player doesn't need to leave the pitch unless the treatment would cause a substantial break in play

Yep, which was why I said “used to be”. The handball penalty thing is definitely becoming a huge thing, and it’s not improving the game one little bit.

Yep, which was why I said “used to be”. The handball penalty thing is definitely becoming a huge thing, and it’s not improving the game one little bit.
Fair dos, I've misread that mate. You only need to look at the handball penalty Celtic got against Livingston and the second Celtic goal in the same game for the inconsistency around handball