Season 4: Episode 16

Hullo! Time for another Friday night of Scottish football.

Watch the show at 10:30pm on the BBC Scotland Channel, catch-up later on BBC iPlayer and feel free to tell us what you think on here.

Tonight’s show looks a bit like this:

Talkin' It Up
- The team shout about who and what has been impressing them recently in our game.

Scottish Cup Fives 
- We look back at the Scottish Cup ties from the weekend and select our perfect fives team from the star players on show.

Social Media - Heroes and One One Zero  
- Whether it's Tony Watt rescuing a sheep or Celtic's mascot forgetting their shorts, Scottish football has been awash with heroes and a few zeros as well.

Show Us Your Medals - Jack Ross 
- The former Hibs, St Mirren, Alloa Athletic and Sunderland gaffer chats about his career, appearance on Netflix, fashion and so much more with the gang.

Great Big Weekend
- The panel take a look at who is going to have a great big weekend ahead of them in Scottish football.

The Banker
- Rob, Fowler and Shaughan take on Telfer as the competition hots up. 

In the 'Wee Films', we meet Jamie McCunnie, the former Dundee United player who has turned to the world of reffing, we speak to Aberdeen FC Women and hear from the team why Kelly Forrest is a club legend and former Scotland captain Colin Hendry recalls memories of Hampden Park and tells us why the national stadium means so much to him.

So, who would you be talking up, who is due to have a great big weekend and who would make your 5-a-side squad?

See you soon!

DSC00147.jpg

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

Jack/John Ross come across really sound on the show last night, fair play to him not afraid to have a laugh at his own expense.

Agreed.  He's a top lad.  "How does the process of getting sacked work?"  "Well, somebody just tells you."  LOL.  

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Pretty sure my granny had holiday photos of her wearing Shaughan’s shirt in Mallorca in 1960. 

Have any of them gone baws oot and worn a paisley pattern shirt yet?

56 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Teller almost had his balls out for Jack Ross. It was a beautiful bromance blossoming. 

Did they ask him about the rumours he likes pumping physios?

Is that just a rumour that gets started for any handsome manager? I mean, you look at Yogi Hughes and just think ‘no, no woman could love that’, but with the likes of Ross it sounds plausible.

Just watching it now on iplayer, so I’ll find out shortly.

I hadn’t realised there’s a second series of Sunderland Til I Die and Ross features. I’ll watch that.

Edited by Scary Bear

On 19/03/2022 at 09:45, Scary Bear said:

Did they ask him about the rumours he likes pumping physios?

Is that just a rumour that gets started for any handsome manager? I mean, you look at Yogi Hughes and just think ‘no, no woman could love that’, but with the likes of Ross it sounds plausible.

Just watching it now on iplayer, so I’ll find out shortly.

I hadn’t realised there’s a second series of Sunderland Til I Die and Ross features. I’ll watch that.

I am a Sunderland season ticket holder and I am in it a couple of times in the crowd scenes. Brentford away springs to mind. 3-1 up at half time and drew 3-3.

For what its worth, we should not have sacked Jack Ross (or Lee Johnson this year for that matter). Sometimes you just need to knuckle down, dig in and back your man. Both those sackings resulted in very poor form initially under the new managers. Phil Parkinson was an utter disaster and the bloke is a dinasaur in football terms.

I like Alex Neil and think he maybe can get it done, but if he does not get us to the play offs this season the knives will be out among the vocal minority. We really don't help ourselves sometimes as fans.