The Binos v Annan Ath

Big game for us on Saturday when we face 2nd place Annan at Forthbank.  After winning our last 2 games the question is can we make it 3 wins on the trot against an Annan side going great guns and unless something drastic happens should be in the playoffs come the end of the season. 

Prediction Binos 1 Annan 0  

Last quarter of league and therefore the business end. Not too fussed about result at present, different story at 3o'clock. If I witness a similar game re quality, the last time the teams met, I'll be happy.

Question for Annan fans. Who's the commentator at Galabank? He's VG. I think he mentioned he was a former player. Knowledgeable, informative and balanced. Praises good play from either side.

First half was fairly even and it was disappointing to go in a goal down at HT.  Second half Annan dominated and it was no surprise that they saw the game out comfortably. I don't think Annan played that well but they didn't have to as we were so shockingly bad. We didn't lay a glove on Annan all game. 

Lots of effort from the players, however, zero ability, zero creativity.

Tactically naive. Long aimless balls only concede possession. Balls punted out of defense in desperation.

How can confidence evaporate so quickly after 2 wins?

Firstly, well played and worthy win for Annan.

Thought , without being a classic, 1st half was competitive with few chances. Good 1st goal. 2nd half Annan upped the tempo and we hung on. Hoped, with a bit of luck, we might salvage something. Goals 2&3 were sucker punches. 3rd goal well taken, leaving SA central defenders blaming each other. 2nd goal. When a striker fails to control a ball to his feet on the halfway line, I am left wondering. Ball quickly ended up close to corner flag. Embarrassingly early tackle allowed cross, resulting in goal. SA other twin striker shared in my wonderment. Much finger pointing. What DY wouldn't have seen was after his substitution. SA striker chose to sit in isolation in the stand.  I could see he had a stinker, team-mate thought he had a stinker and he knew he'd had a stinker. 
 Perhaps we should try him working from home.
  Possibly Annan's GK easiest shift this season. Ref had a good match, in a game I didn't think we could win. Can you tell I'm clutching at straws, to remain positive.

Well from the joys of winning at Forfar, to despair at full time at Forthbank today in a week sums up our season so far. 

First half felt their was not much in it but Annan took their chance before half time to go in 1-0 up. 

Second half we did nothing, poor defending cost up another 2 goals. Annan wont get an easier 3 points away from home this season. 

Lets hope to recapture some sort of form in the remaining games and hope DY can rebuild this team into a side which is capable of getting us out of this League.  

Apart from a very early scare when Annan hit the post and managed to turn the rebound past, the first half was uneventful with the game heading to a season-end 0-0. Cue our defence to make a hash of defending a long throw right on half time and it was effectively game over. Second half the Albion looked as if they'd taken some valium instead of a tonic drink during the interval. The level of ineptitude for the 2nd and 3rd goals outdid that for the 1st. 

To paraphrase Bill Shankly, even the unused subs had nothing smile about as they weren't good enough to get on to the park.

Yesterday showed that last week's two wins in all probability owed more to the poverty of the opposition than anything that we offered.