A Masterclass in Employee Relations from P&O Ferries

Speaking of which

Screenshot_20220318-170148_Reddit.jpg.e2c98c1476a80343b93cc004db4f8f71.jpg

I despise that piece of shit. I'll certainly be raising a glass when he dies, the total c**t. As someone recently pointed out on another thread, he's a fucking poison. 

He's lying as well, as Brexit was all about deregulation in favour of profits. Will always be surprised how easily folk bought the shite that Farage and his band of filth spread, and always saddened that so many racists openly embraced it.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 hours ago, Left Back said:

The business making a loss isn't classed as special circumstances.  Even insolvency doesn't guarantee that special circumstances apply.  It has to be a sudden and unforeseeable situation to meet that test.

It's also nothing to do with the Tories. The courts will decide.  The fact they've been making a loss since the start of the pandemic means the court are more likely to say they're at it as it was reasonably foreseeable this could happen and they should have started a consultation process earlier.

What if they just want all their staff to be workers from the EU because it makes things easier?

In January 2019 P&O Ferries announced that its UK fleet would be reflagged from Dover, UK to Limassol, Cyprus in response to the United Kingdom's exit from the European Union in 2019 "For operational and accounting reasons". Cyprus is a member of the EU and a flag of convenience;[8] the reflagging will allow P&O to continue to benefit from EU tax arrangements.

It's like RMT knew this was coming but never said.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

There's the perfectly reasonable question of 'Why not?'

The ideology that ridiculed Corbyn is the ideology that has us in this mess.

12.8m people did vote Labour in that election. 

That's why BBC1 became a rolling news channel for the 12 months leading up to the 2019 election and we had the twin hysteria's around Brexit and anti Semitism. That strategy devised by Roland Rudd, Alistair Campbell and Peter Mandelson worked and now Labour have been put completely under establishment control. The SNP are just as bad. 

12.8m people did vote Labour in that election. 
That's why BBC1 became a rolling news channel for the 12 months leading up to the 2019 election and we had the twin hysteria's around Brexit and anti Semitism. That strategy devised by Roland Rudd, Alistair Campbell and Peter Mandelson worked and now Labour have been put completely under establishment control. The SNP are just as bad. 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Talking to one of the guys I know who got punted from his ship yesterday. He says there’s barely any difference in the T&Cs between British, French and Dutch crew and where there is it’s the Dutch who’re the bigger earners. Becoming obvious they’ve been fucked over as P&O know that with this Tory Govt it’ll be lip service for a week or two then business as usual whereas they’d be up against it with the French and Dutch Government. 
This shower of c***s need punted asap before this kind of thing becomes normalised. 

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

That's excellent. I love seeing those hypocritical scum bags get called out when they slither in to try to get some publicity. These lying, c**t snakes need called out more.

Edited by DA Baracus

On 18/03/2022 at 14:22, Hard Graft said:

Was talking to my mate about this and he said we are a nation who sit back and take whatever is thrown at us.  If this had been the French it would have been an entirely different story.

Something will be a step too far in the near future and then the shit will hit the fan.

The stiff upper lip. It's a load of utter shite.

On 17/03/2022 at 20:02, alta-pete said:

Watched a programme about Dubai earlier in the year that confirmed my prejudice that the whole place was built, and runs, on what is basically slave labour. Shameful that practice, albeit on foreign registered ships, has arrived here. 

An ex-colleague of mine got a random message on LinkedIn from someone at a company called Etihad Rail, asking if he wanted to apply for a Managers position. The guy had never been a manager previously, and didn’t have a particularly impressive C.V.. When he first told us he assumed it was some sort of scam but it turned out to be legit, and it’s the same company that run Etihad airlines etc., ran by the UAE royal family I believe. 

He’s been in the job about 18 months and just moved his wife and kids out with him a few weeks back. I’ve not spoken to him since last year but he told me he was in charge of about 200 men; some locals but mostly guys from India and Pakistan who were getting about $10 a day and sending most of that back to their families. He gets a 5 figure monthly wage, a Toyota Prius, an apartment paid for by Etihad and free air travel on Etihad airlines. It sounds like a very cushy number and I probably wouldn’t knock it back myself for money like that, but Dubai is a very good example of a place where it pays to be white, quite literally. 

On 17/03/2022 at 19:51, Florentine_Pogen said:

DP World don't give a flying f**k about HR and presumably they had their legal eagles ensure that they had a cast-iron case before they pulled the trigger.

Capitalism red in tooth & claw, you seem to have been an advocate for same in a lot of your posts, no ?

Hang on a minute. I’ve just really noticed the 2nd paragraph here. Would you like to run that past me again? I’ve what?

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Even 10 years after its finished The Thick Of It continues to be absolutely on the money in depicting these clueless political fuds. That could be Nicola Murray standing there quite easily.

I watched it again start to finish last week. Unrivalled political satire.