Arbroath v Ayr

56 minutes ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Regarding his time at Celtic, it's easy to look a good player when you are in a team of good players. And scoring goals in a youth team years ago is pretty irrelevant to his present situation. Why wasn't he signed by a full time Premiership or Championship club when he left Celtic? Did they not see any potential? 

I agree, give someone decent service and they might produce the goods, its a pretty hellish shift playing upfront for Arbroath in all honesty, think anyone with a set of eyes can see that, its no coincidence that most strikers over the last 3 seasons we have struggled.

4 defenders on one striker does make the odds of success fairly slim, which is why I think people loved Nouble, it wasnt for his goals, it was for the fact he would terrorise people with his strength and running with the ball and that got you excited didnt it.

As for why noone else picked him up, you would need to ask LD or the club, and any other manages the answer to that question, do you know the personal circumstances, do you know he didnt get offered other deals, do you know he wanted to stay full time? 

Either way its none of yours/my business, all i can say is fans are harsh on him and theres a player there in my opinion who gets picked on by some of the fans on here.

Didnt realise Thierry Henry was an arbroath fan there dishing out criticism and offering his worldclass feedback on players.

Oh i forgot you aint Thierry at all, your knowledge on the game could literally be written on the back of a fag packet 

Quite pleased that you thought for a moment that I was Thierry Henry, sadly you were right. I'm not.

I don't smoke so I've no idea how much you can write on the back of a fag packet.

Thing is, and it's been said on this forum many times, it's people's personal opinions and like arseholes, everybody's got one. So there will always be opposing opinions on players and any other topic that crops up.

Doesn't mean that you should make derogatory comments about anyone who doesn't share your opinions. But perhaps that is in your nature.

It’s just because he doesn’t look busy isn’t it?

It really is, his goal scoring record does need to improve but it’s a hard thing to do that and we have scored a barrow load this season and he’s played plenty of minutes so is it really a problem?

You can’t deny he contributes and he’s a clever football player, again he’s up there with anyone in that team upstairs and he’s got fantastic feet.

I do think bulking up a wee bit could be a game changer for him but again it’s easier said than done the guys got a full time job outside of football and a life to live too. He gives his all and that’s all you can ask. Even Hilson, he gets a hard time and he can frustrate me but the guy is working his baws off every time he comes on. He’s also not had a run in the side and he’s coming on out wide usually when he’s definitely not a winger

Need to give guys the benefit of the doubt 

I like Luke Donnelly. He was a handful in League 1 for QP and he absolutely ragdolled us last season in the 2-1 win up at Gayfield. He’s a good out ball and focal point which can be a god send in this league if you use them properly.

An irrelevant opinion from someone who’s seen him about five times but there you go.

• 4 weeks later...