Arbroath v Ayr

Another pish afternoon of not having a shot at goal, must be at least the 10th game this season we have managed accomplish that.

Now Ashford has been red carded, a huffy potentially injured Adeloye missing last week means we can have either Moffat or Bryden not having a shot at goal next week.

to push for an equaliser, we are now taking off a forward and bringing on a defender

Christ 

Take away that out of the blue win against Kilmarnock and Bullen has done absolutely nothing.  We were probably lucky to hit Inverness and Raith at just the right time, because our performances outside of those 3 games have been simply awful.  

Maxwell and McKenzie have offered very little, swapping them for O’Conner and Gondoh would have been the obvious choice, no, well bring on a centre half to go 3 at the back, which Arbroath counter to make it 5 at the back.

we have had less of the ball since the change.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

What is the logic to moving to a back 5 when you’ve just had a man sent off?

He’s more negative than Duffy. This playing defensive wingers all game bar the last 5 or 10 minutes is chronic.

He just reverts to what worked last time. Against Killie it made sense as we were 3 nil down. Its not the correct call when you are a goal down with 10 mins to play. He's far too risk averse.

Bringing on a school wean who has never kicked a ball for the senior team and has never looked anything other than out of his depth in his appearances so far, is just one of many reasons to question Bullen’s increasingly incoherent decision making.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

McKenzie must have pictures of Bullen. I don't understand how he is still on the pitch.

He is continuing his party trick of running into people very well. If you run about a lot you get numerous chances under Bullen, have any kind of technical ability and you appear to not even get a chance when chasing a goal. 

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

He just reverts to what worked last time. Against Killie it made sense as we were 3 nil down. Its not the correct call when you are a goal down with 10 mins to play. He's far too risk averse.

The refusal to use O’Connor and Gondoh is just weird as well. Even more so Gondoh considering he’s Bullen’s signing.

I don’t think we have made the Arbroath 18 yard box let alone had an attempt in the second half. 

Since conceding the goal, Ayr never looked like taking anything out the game. Another absolutely stinking performance in an attacking sense.

Arbroath deserved the win based on the second half, Ayr chucked it at 1-0, Ashford looks frustrated and his sending off was part of that. 
Grim viewing again for Ayr, the only positive is QOTS lost as well. 

Very disappointing from Ayr who offered nothing in the second half.  According to the BBC we had one shot on target.  Must have been in the first half as I struggle to remember us being in Arbroaths half in the second half. 
if I were O’Connor, Gondoh or Moffat I would be asking to leave now. 

Pish. Those subs man, fucking mental. Bryden? How was that the what we needed? Then Baird for Maxwell? Holy f**k man.

Ashford had some good moments in the run up to the red card. Was clearly getting very frustrated with the constant fouls as well as the lack of help from his teammates other than McInroy. Couldn't really see how bad the challenge was.

We offered nothing. Can have no complaints as Arbroath took their chance. At least Dunfermline and Queens didn't win but f**k me we're not close to being safe.