Clyde v East Fife

20 minutes ago, David W said:

That was remarkably straight-forward; I'm struggling to remember as comfortable a win since we got promoted. Other than an early chance gifted to them by an awful JBH kick-out and a wee bit of pressure after the opening goal, East Fife looked every bit a relegated side. We scored goals at times when we were on top, kept that elusive home clean sheet and also enjoyed watching Dumbarton/Peterhead lose again. You would have to say we're safe now, which is a tremendous achievement given the squad of players we assembled last summer. The way that Danny Lennon has responded since the cup game has shown his class.

Strangely, given that we were so comfortable, there were a few players who will feel they should have played better. Certainly in possession. On the positives, that's the best Ally Love has played all season and Splaine is performing at an outstanding level now; he was a cut above anyone else on the pitch. Jamieson's overall game needs a lot of work, but he is absolutely deadly in the box. We are also a lot more stable with Docherty back in the team, even if it's just because he keeps Livingstone in check.

Hopefully we can start planning in earnest for next season now. 

Agreed.

Splaine is most certainly key to our midfield for his sheer energy if nothing else.

Call out for Jones too. If we are going to criticise his energy, application and skill most weekends then we need to acknowledge he did well today.

As for the support - won't make me popular, but mainly got behind the team, whilst some still haven't completely learned a lesson.

Agree with the above and how comfortable we were, don’t remember our keeper making a notable save. 

Love took the first well after a good strike from mcallister(thought it was in) and Jamieson. Second was also well worked and a great finish from Jamieson. Credit to jones for the knock down. 

Splaine has came on some amount from the start of the season, as have a few others. 

We are almost as good as safe, massive credit to Danny and the coaching team. We need to do what we can to keep them. 

31 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Dare I say it, the football we play as a team is better without Goodwillie in it.

Just thinking about that on the way home. Question for Danny at next Q&A - how does he see the team set up and tactics changing now that we are without DG?

It's now mid March and we have 16pts from 13 games and he has not been involved in many of those.

2 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Dare I say it, the football we play as a team is better without Goodwillie in it.

I was thinking during the game yesterday that most of the players have lifted their game since he left. I think a lot of them almost relaxed on the park as they relied upon/knew Goodie would do the business 90% of the time.

All we really had for the last few years was a punt up the park to Goodwillie. That seemed to be the only tactic. (He did score a good few of them).  We seem to be playing towards the opposition box now. Keep up the good work Clyde and hopefully we'll be safe with a few games to spare. 👏.

4 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Compared to your post on 1 in however many men are rapists, it’s fairly acceptable.

16 points out of 39 and his 100 plus goals weren’t needed?

2 wins all season without him starting or on the bench.

Let’s not get too carried away at beating a very poor, bottom of the league East Fife. 

Edited by JBJ
Typo

33 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Compared to your post on 1 in however many men are rapists, it’s fairly acceptable.

13 points out of 39 and his 100 plus goals weren’t needed?

2 wins all season without him starting or on the bench.

Let’s not get too carried away at beating a very poor, bottom of the league East Fife. 

JBJ having a super Sunday on it?