Songs, movies and shows that wouldn't be made nowadays

The Wild Geese

A bunch of ageing alcoholic mercenaries travel to Africa to kill as many of the locals as possible.

There's also the added bonus that one of them is the most crudely stereotyped gay man imaginable. 

This is all topped off with a completely incongruous Joan Armatrading theme tune.

On 17/03/2022 at 10:31, jofis said:

Not sure if "rape anthem sensation, Robin Thicke" (- Stewart FrancisTM), would agree.

As well as being cat-nip for absolute creeps at weddings and in nightclubs, it's a lyrical abomination.

I feel manky just posting that. 

On 17/03/2022 at 10:31, jofis said:

Not sure if "rape anthem sensation, Robin Thicke" (- Stewart FrancisTM), would agree.

As well as being cat-nip for absolute creeps at weddings and in nightclubs, it's a lyrical abomination.

I feel manky just posting that. 

this-is-a-long-song.jpg

The Beatles 'Getting Better all the Time'.

'I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved'.

Can't imagine a boyband coming out with this in a song nowadays.

---‐-‐------------------------------------------------------------------
When I watched 'Forbidden Planet', it feels really creepy that all the astronauts are trying it on with the girl in front of her dad.

Watched Natural Born Killers again last night as it was mentioned here (on Amazon).

Quite some film. 

Rodney Dangerfield ad-libbed his lines about abusing his daughter Juliette Lewis - which is kind of ... creepy.

Oliver Stone allegedly told Tarantino that he took his film about two kids on a killing rampage being followed around by a reporter and turned it into a mirror to society showing how the media glamourises killing and turns killers into anti-heroes. Ironically, after a copycat killing a victim's family tried to sue Stone for glamourising violence and encouraging copycats. Initially upheld by the American courts it was eventually thrown out so this really could have been a film that could never have been made again. 

America could really use more things highlighting the media's role in murder. The Folk That Ken About Such Things have regularly warned that murderers, especially spree killers, are encouraged by seeing their crimes reported salaciously - it's generally what they want. The press has been told that not mentioning names, not going into detail on the nature of their crimes, and not reporting on their "manifesto" would cut down on the likelihood of these crimes happening, but they won't do it because FREEDOM (it makes them money, in other words).

Similar to how tighter gun controls would help to prevent the mentally-ill from going on rampages, but they won't do that either because FREEDOM (it makes money for the people involved in the NRA).