Jump to content

Restaurants in Edinburgh


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No ill be up all night being so jealous of you. Oh no :( 

You seem much angrier than me about this tbh, and I’m not really wanting to keep this going. I just thought it was a bizarre take to claim the capital city is somehow “shite”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You seem much angrier than me about this tbh, and I’m not really wanting to keep this going. I just thought it was a bizarre take to claim the capital city is somehow “shite”.

I’ll go back to my previous post where I say that it’s ok to have a different opinion to someone else and wish you a nice night. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I’ll go back to my previous post where I say that it’s ok to have a different opinion to someone else and wish you a nice night. 

Just tell it like it is ffs - It’s by far the worst of Scotland’s cities. An overpriced, up its own arse, dull old reek full of pretentious worstcunts and wankery. It does have the biggest concentration of good food places though. However, in terms of restaurants I don’t think there’s one place in Edinburgh would crack the top 10 in Scotland.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s been a couple of years since I was last there but Monteiths on the High Street was a really enjoyable meal and experience. Another place where I’ve enjoyed some excellent steaks is Kyloe, situated above the Rutland Hotel (I’m sure it’ll be wheelchair friendly though with a lift). I’ve been to other decent central Edinburgh restaurants but these two spring to mind, are handy for the locations you are looking for, and seem to suit the eating preferences and not be repetitive compared to your other evenings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Just tell it like it is ffs - It’s by far the worst of Scotland’s cities. An overpriced, up its own arse, dull old reek full of pretentious worstcunts and wankery. It does have the biggest concentration of good food places though. However, in terms of restaurants I don’t think there’s one place in Edinburgh would crack the top 10 in Scotland.

A guy from Bo’ness or something trying to hand out cultural lessons on the poor restaurant choice in the best place by miles in the country for food.

Gold.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

A guy from Bo’ness or something trying to hand out cultural lessons on the poor restaurant choice in the best place by miles in the country for food.

Gold.

Cultural lessons? 

Poor restaurant choice? 

 

These are just claims you’ve made up there you silly c**t. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Cultural lessons? 

Poor restaurant choice? 

 

These are just claims you’ve made up there you silly c**t. 

Not one place in Edinburgh would be top 10 in the country? Utter nonsense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Just tell it like it is ffs - It’s by far the worst of Scotland’s cities. An overpriced, up its own arse, dull old reek full of pretentious worstcunts and wankery. It does have the biggest concentration of good food places though. However, in terms of restaurants I don’t think there’s one place in Edinburgh would crack the top 10 in Scotland.

Michelin stars being the globally accepted gold standard of rating restaurants would disagree with you.

There happen to be 10 Michelin Star restaurants in Scotland.  4 of them are in Edinburgh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Michelin_starred_restaurants_in_Scotland

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Michelin stars being the globally accepted gold standard of rating restaurants would disagree with you.

There happen to be 10 Michelin Star restaurants in Scotland.  4 of them are in Edinburgh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Michelin_starred_restaurants_in_Scotland

Michelin stars are more awards akin to novelty dining experiences though really. Indeed, they can be quite enjoyable all the same. Tam Kichin’s a poor man’s Andrew Fairlie really though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Michelin stars are more awards akin to novelty dining experiences though really. Indeed, they can be quite enjoyable all the same. Tam Kichin’s a poor man’s Andrew Fairlie really though.

🤣

You have to be trolling to come out with nonsense like this.  Either that or you've had your c**t kicked in Edinburgh which has made you hate the place.  In fact, was it an Edinburgh chef that gave you the doing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Left Back said:

🤣

You have to be trolling to come out with nonsense like this.  Either that or you've had your c**t kicked in Edinburgh which has made you hate the place.  In fact, was it an Edinburgh chef that gave you the doing?

You think?? 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Michelin stars are more awards akin to novelty dining experiences though really. Indeed, they can be quite enjoyable all the same. Tam Kichin’s a poor man’s Andrew Fairlie really though.

Eaten at Fairlie’s twice and whilst excellent, have had several better meals (some in Edinburgh).

15 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

You need to get out of Edinburgh m8.

Have lived in Glasgow and Edinburgh for several years, both great cities with good food, but Edinburgh miles ahead for quality of restaurants. Realistically both are miles ahead of everywhere else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

Eaten at Fairlie’s twice and whilst excellent, have had several better meals (some in Edinburgh).

Have lived in Glasgow and Edinburgh for several years, both great cities with good food, but Edinburgh miles ahead for quality of restaurants. Realistically both are miles ahead of everywhere else.

^^^ Enjoyed his chicken burger at the Slug and Lettuce. (Me too).

Of course Glasgow and Edinburgh are miles ahead of everywhere else given the vast abundance of options compared to everywhere else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Eaten at Fairlie’s twice and whilst excellent, have had several better meals (some in Edinburgh).

Have lived in Glasgow and Edinburgh for several years, both great cities with good food, but Edinburgh miles ahead for quality of restaurants. Realistically both are miles ahead of everywhere else.

Looks like you need to get yourself over to Fife mate.  It has more Michelin star restaurants than Glasgow.  I thought everyone lived on Red Puddings in Fife.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Looks like you need to get yourself over to Fife mate.  It has more Michelin star restaurants than Glasgow.  I thought everyone lived on Red Puddings in Fife.

The Cellar 👌

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...