Restaurants in Edinburgh

9 hours ago, broon-loon said:

My Daughter now lives in Edinburgh and Dishoom do a Breakfast Naan with Bacon which she raved about.

So much so I'm gonna have to try this.

Tremendous breakfast there and also the evening meals aren't to spicy for the non spicy types..highly recommend 

Also https://twentyprincesstreet.co.uk/ is decent 

Edited by doulikefish

12 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

It's not what you're looking for, but I'd like to add that I was in Edinburgh last week and I stumbled on a small French cafe next to the Conference Centre called Le Petit Cafe. It was truly excellent. I'd recommend it to any Edinburgh punters who are looking for a coffee and a snack in the afternoon.

BTW, what the f**k happened to Princes Street? That used to be prestigious, now it's all pound shops and Sports Direct. Has any street in Scotland suffered such a fall from grace?

Edinburgh Council are to blame.  

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Tremendous breakfast there and also the evening meals aren't to spicy for the non spicy types..highly recommend 

Also https://twentyprincesstreet.co.uk/ is decent 

We're down in Embra next weekend so the naan/bacon combo has to be done if we can get in.

I got the Dishoom book as a Xmas gift and they described the dish in some detail which has me salivating as I type.

We like spice, maybe too much, so not sure where else we will go? 

3 minutes ago, broon-loon said:

We're down in Embra next weekend so the naan/bacon combo has to be done if we can get in.

I got the Dishoom book as a Xmas gift and they described the dish in some detail which has me salivating as I type.

We like spice, maybe too much, so not sure where else we will go? 

Weekend so book it even for breakfast plenty of good curry houses in town if that's your thing but the evening menu at dishoom is as spicy as you want 

11 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Weekend so book it even for breakfast plenty of good curry houses in town if that's your thing but the evening menu at dishoom is as spicy as you want 

Can you book Dishoom now?

14 minutes ago, Paxo said:

Nice, don't think they took bookings last time I tried.

Thursday to Sunday it's always mobbed you can sometimes get a table for 2 but anything over 2 then its dinner at 9pm nothing before type of place.Breakfast is normally really hard to get a table at weekend,we were through at 0930 2 weekends ago on the sat  and it was mobbed and they were turning folk away without a reservation.Really popular with all the hotels around there and weekend shoppers 

Forgot to mention I prefer snax cafe for breakfast😎 but dishoom is great

Edited by doulikefish

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im not gonna get involved in a big massive debate about Tom Kitchin, guy was nice to me and I enjoy his restaurant.   Edinburgh is shite and if that offends you HM i genuinely could not care less. 

Jealousy dripping out of this post. Glorious.

Baba on Charlotte square/George street is fantastic, middle eastern inspired food from the ox and finch group. It's definitely my go to place when I'm in Edinburgh, do a decent express lunch too. The slow cooked lamb dish is mindblowingly good! 

By

https://baba.restaurant/menus/

Edited by Don Diego De la Vega