(7:45pm)     Caledonian Braves v Edinburgh University

Saturday 19th March
(11:15am)     Glenrothes v Kinnoull
(2pm)               Crossgates Primrose v Penicuik Athletic
(5pm)               Dundonald Bluebell v Tranent
(7:45pm)        Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Linlithgow Rose

Sunday 20th March
(12:15pm)     Oakley United v Easthouses Lily

By an outstanding quirk of scheduling a salivating "Super Saturday" looks in prospect for the Premier Division title race. Penicuik could go top with victory in the afternoon game... Tranent could then close to within 1pt - or even go joint top - in the teatime match... Linlithgow would then seek to regain top in the evening contest (against hosts needing points to avoid relegation).

Edited by HibeeJibee

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You'd have to be pretty dedicated to watch 4 matches in a day, I'd imagine a few groundhoppers would wimp out and stay in the pub for the fourth?

Little choice if they're on the buses!

Next month's in West Midlands 'only' entails 3 a day... but for 4 days running 😮.

I've done 2 a few times before, but probably going to give 3 a shot this time.

I'll go to the Crossgates Primrose game as that's the only one of these I've never been to. That will also be the last one for me to complete the EOSFL Premier.

I've yet to decide whether or not I'll go to any other games.

On 16/03/2022 at 18:54, welshbairn said:

You'd have to be pretty dedicated to watch 4 matches in a day, I'd imagine a few groundhoppers would wimp out and stay in the pub for the fourth?

The third surely a possible bigger casualty? seems a weird order with both haws and Dundonald having floodlights, why go up to cardenden when you can go to the pub, get a chippy and take the short walk(or service bus for the lazy) up the road and rejoin the official party.

Edit- apart from the crystal not exactly being a pub for real ale enthusiasts...

Edited by parsforlife

11 hours ago, parsforlife said:

The third surely a possible bigger casualty? seems a weird order with both haws and Dundonald having floodlights, why go up to cardenden when you can go to the pub, get a chippy and take the short walk(or service bus for the lazy) up the road and rejoin the official party.

Edit- apart from the crystal not exactly being a pub for real ale enthusiasts...

Is there a decent pub near Crossgates Primrose? I will only go to one or max. 2 games, but definitely this one so might fancy a pint at some point.

17 minutes ago, Marten said:

Is there a decent pub near Crossgates Primrose? I will only go to one or max. 2 games, but definitely this one so might fancy a pint at some point.

In the NLM thread the Crystal Bar is mentioned, not sure if it is "decent". There's also the Coaledge Tavern (been a decade since I was in there but seemed alright) on the east end of the village but that's 15 minutes away from the ground. Looked at their FB and they had posted the Fitba Nomad's report https://thefitbanomad.wordpress.com/2019/03/10/pitching-up-at-crossgates-primrose/

Edited by Ginaro

8 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

In the NLM thread the Crystal Bar is mentioned, not sure if it is "decent". There's also the Coaledge Tavern (been a decade since I was in there but seemed alright) on the east end of the village but that's 15 minutes away from the ground. Looked at their FB and they had posted the Fitba Nomad's report https://thefitbanomad.wordpress.com/2019/03/10/pitching-up-at-crossgates-primrose/

Thanks, the Coaledge Tavern looks good to me, so that will be worth a bit of a walk. At least that gives me the chance to work off some of the beer calories... ;) 

Coaledge hasn’t reopened since first lockdown I’m pretty sure.

Crystal bar doesn’t really have a particular good reputation but might be ok if there’s a few from the football in.

British legion is reasonable but not sure if they’re open since covid.

Edited by parsforlife

6 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Coaledge hasn’t reopened since first lockdown I’m pretty sure.

Crystal bar doesn’t really have a particular good reputation but might be ok if there’s a few in.  

British legion is reasonable but not sure if they’re open since covid.

:( Oh right, looking again they've not posted on FB since June and Crossgates said this. @Marten

7 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I’ll probably head up to the Haws game at night.

I was there last Saturday and the regular fans I spoke to didn’t seem keen on Saturday night football.

@HibeeJibee do clubs have to take part in this or can they opt out?

I remember when they did the LL one, the organiser Chris Berezai turned up at a LL meeting and did a presentation to the clubs. I think once the league is committed to a groundhop the individual clubs are too. Although the fairly strict conditions can be a pain in the erse for club committees they definitely make money.

Edited by The Mantis

11 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I’ll probably head up to the Haws game at night.

I was there last Saturday and the regular fans I spoke to didn’t seem keen on Saturday night football.

@HibeeJibee do clubs have to take part in this or can they opt out?

I’m sure the fans that object can cover the windfall the club would miss out on 😂

I would think it could well be compulsory but no club is going turn down the chance to make as much money for the sake of a moved kick off time. 

Edited by Crow

Crowd of 219 saw Caledonian Braves 1-1 Edinburgh Uni tonight says social media... lowest ever LL groundhop crowd (and 3rd lowest overall) - but on a Saturday afternoon that pairing may struggle to get more outside the railings than in, tbf, so pretty decent.

1 hour ago, Crow said:

I’m sure the fans that object can cover the windfall the club would miss out on 😂

I would think it could well be compulsory but no club is going turn down the chance to make as much money for the sake of a moved kick off time. 

It was just an observation about what folk were saying, I imagine over the years they have paid more into the club that what tomorrow will bring.

I will be up after the Cowden game so that’s an extra £7 admission, raffle , programme and pie sales they wouldn’t have had😀

As for the compulsory question I was just curious about it.

Hopefully all of the clubs will milk it for all they can and make the most of it.

6 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I remember when they did the LL one, the organiser Chris Berezai turned up at a LL meeting and did a presentation to the clubs. I think once the league is committed to a groundhop the individual clubs are too. Although the fairly strict conditions can be a pain in the erse for club committees they definitely make money.

It’s the conditions from what I heard of I’m not all that keen on.

Sharing the gate with your opponent’s and the ground hop organisers I believe.

Don’t mind so much the visitors getting an inconvenience payment but a commission for the hop organisers who I believe don’t like concessions.

Not very good for regular OAPs and kids.

Your regular fans are your life blood.

I suppose clubs can compensate them in someway.

And other things like you have to provide a programme.

You know me and that I like a programme but should clubs really be made to do one if they don’t normally bother.

Edited by cowdenbeath

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Crowd of 219 saw Caledonian Braves 1-1 Edinburgh Uni tonight says social media... lowest ever LL groundhop crowd (and 3rd lowest overall) - but on a Saturday afternoon that pairing may struggle to get more outside the railings than in, tbf, so pretty decent.

It’s probably 200 more than they would get normally 😀