A Message to All Stirling Albion Trust Members

6 minutes ago, TheWestStand said:

Who replaces him then? 

The owners of the Club the Supporters Trust put forward their choices to Stuart Brown and others that`s who does it.

34 minutes ago, Boris Badenov said:

I had to look for this statement for the junior academy. First of all well done. 50 coaches is quite some doing.

The problem BB Bino is 50 people joining just to interfere with the way the Club is run is vote rigging. Maybe well intention but vote rigging it is.

It's maybe too late but is there any high profile person can sit in a room with them and bang some heads together.

Agree it just shows how desperate some people are to stay in power, re the 50 Coaches I don`t think the Junior Academy has 50 Coaches, could it be they are signing parents the kids themselves as Members. ? 

Regarding banging heads together, I think its gone beyond that now, its time for the Trust Board to show who owns this Club is it them or Stuart Brown. As a supporter for over 40 years this club is a joke just now. If this continues and Brown remains in control at Forthbank I will boycott Home games  and only go to away games. 

I had to look for this statement for the junior academy. First of all well done. 50 coaches is quite some doing.
The problem BB Bino is 50 people joining just to interfere with the way the Club is run is vote rigging. Maybe well intention but vote rigging it is.
It's maybe too late but is there any high profile person can sit in a room with them and bang some heads together.

Vote rigging, but in a “meant well way” it might well be, I’m not going to debate the legalities of that because what those coaches did was not against the constitution of the trust, plus they put a lot of hours in to support the club and, in my opinion, do deserve as much of a say as those that pay to come through the turnstiles on a Saturday.

However what I would say, is that this is an absolute shambles and surely your second point can be achieved, you would have thought?

Agree it just shows how desperate some people are to stay in power

So you believe this move has been orchestrated by Stuart Brown and/or John Daly then?

re the 50 Coaches I don`t think the Junior Academy has 50 Coaches, could it be they are signing parents the kids themselves as Members. ? 

There are more than 50, and I would hazard a guess that’s not including Secretaries. I don’t know the exact number registered, but I can tell you without doubt that there are over 50 Coaches in the Junior Academy. However, not all new signups would have come through JA or people re-signing.

As a supporter for over 40 years this club is a joke just now. If this continues and Brown remains in control at Forthbank I will boycott Home games  and only go to away games. 

I don’t know you personally other than online rhliston, but I would hate for this to happen, nobody should be in a position where they feel they have to give up doing something they love doing.

On 17/03/2022 at 23:43, BazMac said:

I'm not even sure if changing the person running the club every few years is good for business.  There's a lot of handover issues there.

A lot has happened since Baz wrote that, so I maybe shouldn't base another comment on it now, but isn't periodic change a good opportunity to look at things afresh?

If any organisation becomes dependent on any one individual, that is a failure of governance. At the most gloomy level, it would throw the organisation into crisis if that person were to be involved in a traffic accident. Knowledge / experience need to be shared broadly. So the norms are for periodic refresh (for example 3 year term as Chair), for separation of duties and rotation. Sadly that hasn't been happening at SAFC.

Instead we have what looks like a classic Schmittian politics, wrestling over sovereign decision-making, intensifying into friend/enemy distinctions. It happens repeatedly, it results in people who have added value to the Club, and who could continue to do so, becoming weary and standing aside. That is not good.

Without wanting to scapegoat for the years of drab on-field performance, the sovereign decision that have been made have often been poor: managerial contracts surprisingly renewed rather than allowed to expire in a dignified way. Would that have happened if broader discussion had occurred?

However... If and when the Trust voting returns, I am likely to surprise myself regarding the Resolutions about particular Club Directors. For the governance reasons above, I do think that te current Chair's term should be coming to an end, indeed that this should have happened several years ago. However I also think it crucial that expertise is retained and that in any organisation a former Chair should be a valued member of a subsequent Board. This leaves me unable to agree with the second leg of the proposition to remove him as both Chairman and Director.

I do feel that the Supporters' Liaison communications through this season have been poor: sometimes inaccurate, often peevish in tone, and declining to meet the Trust Board recently really isn't on. However, my understanding is that the individual concerned makes valuable contributions in other ways, so while unsuited to that role could be a useful Director in another role.

Really, though, the structures need to be refreshed so that side-taking doesn't recur. The "oversight" Resolution should be the basic grounding and the development of a shared Business Plan in a reasonable timetable should be the next step.

3 hours ago, Ally_D said:

A lot has happened since Baz wrote that, so I maybe shouldn't base another comment on it now, but isn't periodic change a good opportunity to look at things afresh?

If any organisation becomes dependent on any one individual, that is a failure of governance. At the most gloomy level, it would throw the organisation into crisis if that person were to be involved in a traffic accident. Knowledge / experience need to be shared broadly. So the norms are for periodic refresh (for example 3 year term as Chair), for separation of duties and rotation. Sadly that hasn't been happening at SAFC.

Instead we have what looks like a classic Schmittian politics, wrestling over sovereign decision-making, intensifying into friend/enemy distinctions. It happens repeatedly, it results in people who have added value to the Club, and who could continue to do so, becoming weary and standing aside. That is not good.

Without wanting to scapegoat for the years of drab on-field performance, the sovereign decision that have been made have often been poor: managerial contracts surprisingly renewed rather than allowed to expire in a dignified way. Would that have happened if broader discussion had occurred?

However... If and when the Trust voting returns, I am likely to surprise myself regarding the Resolutions about particular Club Directors. For the governance reasons above, I do think that te current Chair's term should be coming to an end, indeed that this should have happened several years ago. However I also think it crucial that expertise is retained and that in any organisation a former Chair should be a valued member of a subsequent Board. This leaves me unable to agree with the second leg of the proposition to remove him as both Chairman and Director.

I do feel that the Supporters' Liaison communications through this season have been poor: sometimes inaccurate, often peevish in tone, and declining to meet the Trust Board recently really isn't on. However, my understanding is that the individual concerned makes valuable contributions in other ways, so while unsuited to that role could be a useful Director in another role.

Really, though, the structures need to be refreshed so that side-taking doesn't recur. The "oversight" Resolution should be the basic grounding and the development of a shared Business Plan in a reasonable timetable should be the next step.

The guys fallen out with x2 trust boards

Why would you want him remaining as a director 

He should have gone when the previous trust board also went and had a fresh start at that point 

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

So you believe this move has been orchestrated by Stuart Brown and/or John Daly then?

Who else, my be the whole Club Board ? who knows but its very clear their has been an orchestrated attempt to join the Trust Board to influence the voting by people who have never been members of the Trust and all of a sudden who have an influx of new members don`t you find that strange and alarming. 

There are more than 50, and I would hazard a guess that’s not including Secretaries. I don’t know the exact number registered, but I can tell you without doubt that there are over 50 Coaches in the Junior Academy. However, not all new signups would have come through JA or people re-signing.

Very surprised that they have more than 50 coaches tbh. 

I don’t know you personally other than online rhliston, but I would hate for this to happen, nobody should be in a position where they feel they have to give up doing something they love doing.

I agree but it might not be just me, a lot of the guys who go to matches home and away are thinking the same way. 

The Scottish Daily Mail reports this morning that the whole issue of irregularities is likely to be referred to the Financial Conduct Authority.   Club Board member, Grant Morrice, also gets a mention in the article.

The plot thickens.

22 hours ago, Red Watch said:

The Scottish Daily Mail reports this morning that the whole issue of irregularities is likely to be referred to the Financial Conduct Authority.   Club Board member, Grant Morrice, also gets a mention in the article.

The plot thickens.

Yes indeed really wonder what happens next, will the AGM go ahead ? What happens to the votes already recorded ? Stand by for another exciting episode of Stirling Albion FC 

22 hours ago, Red Watch said:

Do any of those wanting to overthrow those running the club, have the time to spare to replace them? 

I don't think, in clubs that are smaller, that fans appreciate how much work is actually involved. By the looks of it there are elements who want to burn that down without any indication of rebuilt.

The Highland league secretary is retiring at the end of the season, the transition started in January. As much as some of you may not like those in charge, this needs to happen or your club may become an omnishambles.o

16 hours ago, RH33 said:

Do any of those wanting to overthrow those running the club, have the time to spare to replace them? 

I don't think, in clubs that are smaller, that fans appreciate how much work is actually involved. By the looks of it there are elements who want to burn that down without any indication of rebuilt.

The Highland league secretary is retiring at the end of the season, the transition started in January. As much as some of you may not like those in charge, this needs to happen or your club may become an omnishambles.o

As I have stated previously its up to the owners of the Club The Supporters Trust to put forward replacements in the event of the Club Board walking. Clearly from the mess at the moment I would expect that this is already in motion. 

Further to add to this the Supporters Trust Board is calling for an EGM (Emergency General Meeting ) of the Clubs Shareholders and no doubt this and other things will by discussed by the Shareholders the owners of the Club. 

26 minutes ago, rhliston said:

As I have stated previously its up to the owners of the Club The Supporters Trust to put forward replacements in the event of the Club Board walking. Clearly from the mess at the moment I would expect that this is already in motion. 

Of course the sensible thing would be to (1) make damn sure we have capable replacements AND (2) let members know who these people are AND (3) arrange a handover. That way, people can actually make an informed decision rather than voting without a plan. 

But no, instead you lit a match then stood back and let other people worry about calling the fire brigade. We have enough problems between our 2 boards. Then along you came and said “how can I make this shitshow even worse?”

Edited by BinoBalls

5 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Of course the sensible thing would be to (1) make damn sure we have capable replacements AND (2) let members know who these people are AND (3) arrange a handover. That way, people can actually make an informed decision rather than voting without a plan. 

But no, instead you lit a match then stood back and let other people worry about calling the fire brigade. We have enough problems between our 2 boards. Then along you came and said “how can I make this shitshow even worse?”

So I am to blame for the mess that is happening DONT THINK SO, This mess has been ongoing for a number of years between the 2 Boards without any input from me. We had a situation in that 2 Club Board members Stuart Brown and John Daly refused to attend a meeting with the Trust Board unless one of its democratically elected members Ian Doyle was NOT present. How can Stuart Brown and John Daly refuse to attend this Meeting. ? They have not come out and gave their reasons why they refused to attend. 

As a member of the Trust I have EVERY RIGHT to submit a resolution to remove Stuart Brown and John Daly at the AGM and let members decide if they wish to have these men removed or Not. Its called DEMOCRACY. 

Since submitting my resolutions it has clearly brought to the attention of the Trust members the ongoing turmoil between the 2 Boards and recent personal statements from Colin Rowley and the most recent revelations from the Trust Board of voting irreguarities that caused the Trust Board  to contact the Police about them that has caused this shitshow as you call it. 

The bottom line is its time that this mess is cleared up once and forever. We cannot go on with the current situation. It has to be resolved one way or another. We cannot have a situation in which the owners of the Club the Supporters Trust are ignored by the present Club Board.

12 minutes ago, rhliston said:

So I am to blame for the mess that is happening DONT THINK SO,

Many people are to blame but you are absolutely part of the problem, not because you exercised your democratic right but because you are The Man With No Plan.

Please tell me why you think it’s better to vote to remove key people from their jobs without having first sourced capable replacements and agreed a handover. Go on, this should be fun. 

1 hour ago, BinoBalls said:

Please tell me why you think it’s better to vote to remove key people from their jobs without having first sourced capable replacements and agreed a handover. Go on, this should be fun. 

He won't.

Just like the full time he is putting any mess the might come from HIS resolution and not answering what could come from it. 

3 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

Many people are to blame but you are absolutely part of the problem, not because you exercised your democratic right but because you are The Man With No Plan.

I have explained this before, perhaps you should go back and read what I have said. 

2 hours ago, TheWestStand said:

He won't.

Just like the full time he is putting any mess the might come from HIS resolution and not answering what could come from it. 

As I have posted earlier, go back and read what I have said. 

7 minutes ago, rhliston said:

I have explained this before, perhaps you should go back and read what I have said. 

No you’ve spectacularly not. “The trust will handle it” is your stock answer, which isn’t an answer to what’s being asked: why would you choose to sack key people who run an operation without first getting competent people lined up to replace them during an agreed handover period?

Forget SAFC for a second, forget your obsession with Brown and Daly and Doyle and meetings etc. Just take that simple question and answer it. 

Edited by BinoBalls

1 hour ago, BinoBalls said:

forget your obsession with Brown and Daly

I'm starting to think this is an obsession to have 2 people removed and 'scapegoating' them for poor team performances. Nothing more, nothing less