Jump to content

A Message to All Stirling Albion Trust Members


Recommended Posts

Just now, rhliston said:

Clearly someone is pulling your strings in the background 

Not this again…

Anyway. Let’s give peace a good chance. I think a clear majority just want this resolved at least semi-amicably. I am hopeful both sides will realise just how many people are counting on them acting calmly and not fighting every single battle. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Not this again…

Anyway. Let’s give peace a good chance. I think a clear majority just want this resolved at least semi-amicably. I am hopeful both sides will realise just how many people are counting on them acting calmly and not fighting every single battle. 

Do we f**k.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Not this again…

Anyway. Let’s give peace a good chance. I think a clear majority just want this resolved at least semi-amicably. I am hopeful both sides will realise just how many people are counting on them acting calmly and not fighting every single battle. 

I agree with you but it takes 2 to tango and while you have people like WCBoggs on here it’s very difficult not to respond to sniddy comments. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

And ? 

While I am on here can I say I was less than impressed with your comments last night at the Trust meeting. I got the impression that most of those present were a bit pissed off with you as well. No doubt you will deny this but I really think you need to have a long and hard look at what you say to people and how you come across here on this forum WC Boggs. Clearly someone is pulling your strings in the background and I think most people know what I am talking about. It does you no favours and its not a good way to portray yourself or the Club for that matter. 

How I was viewed depends on who you talked to about it. I doubt you talked to anyone outside your own circle on that. 

The prelude to peace and the good faith promised,  saw MR Emslie repeating the allegation that the club board refused to sit down with 3 members.  Hardly impressive.   Stuart Brown  duly proved that what was actually said, was that 3 Trust board members were refusing to to talk with the Club board. MR Emslie failed to withdraw that allegation on the actual communication being cited in full, rather than in part.

That leaves me with zero confidence that this last ditch retreat from a cliff edge on the Trust boards position on mediation will be conducted in good faith.  That said a mediation offer is on the table and as such, holding the hostility I do have towards the present Trust board and the view that I do have on the good faith of it, I have resigned from the Trust and feel it is best I withdraw from any public comment on it while it proceeds.  Holding the hostility and views that you do on the Club board, perhaps you should consider doing the same thing as regards public comment during this process. There is really no place for either of us in this at this time.  

That is the last thing I have to say on this matter while this mediation proceeds.  

Edited by WC Boggs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

That is the last thing I have to say on this matter while this mediation proceeds.  

Peace at last!  We should all be grateful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

How I was viewed depends on who you talked to about it. I doubt you talked to anyone outside your own circle on that. 

 

I am very much not in rhlistons circle and can confirm from zoom that his statement was correct.

And I say that as  neutral who holds no foot in either camp.

Boggs - It is clear that you are passionate and I actually agree with alot of your points and what you are saying sometimes but I can't help feel that you are coming across like a man possessed and trust me it's not helping your cause and it wouldn't surprise me if it was hindering those you are defending.

Have your views, stick to them, show your loyalty - all admirable and nobody should ever criticise you for this. Just be mindful that often your passion for your club and board walks a fine line between a loyal passionate fan and someone that nobody takes seriously.

I'm glad to read that you are taking a little break and seeing what the mediation holds for the boards. Lets hope for everyones sake that its onwards and upwards from here

Edited by DavidMcG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

How I was viewed depends on who you talked to about it. I doubt you talked to anyone outside your own circle on that. 

The prelude to peace and the good faith promised,  saw MR Emslie repeating the allegation that the club board refused to sit down with 3 members.  Hardly impressive.   Stuart Brown  duly proved that what was actually said, was that 3 Trust board members were refusing to to talk with the Club board. MR Emslie failed to withdraw that allegation on the actual communication being cited in full, rather than in part.

That leaves me with zero confidence that this last ditch retreat from a cliff edge on the Trust boards position on mediation will be conducted in good faith.  That said a mediation offer is on the table and as such, holding the hostility I do have towards the present Trust board and the view that I do have on the good faith of it, I have resigned from the Trust and feel it is best I withdraw from any public comment on it while it proceeds.  Holding the hostility and views that you do on the Club board, perhaps you should consider doing the same thing as regards public comment during this process. There is really no place for either of us in this at this time.  

That is the last thing I have to say on this matter while this mediation proceeds.  

 

 

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

How I was viewed depends on who you talked to about it. I doubt you talked to anyone outside your own circle on that. 

The prelude to peace and the good faith promised,  saw MR Emslie repeating the allegation that the club board refused to sit down with 3 members.  Hardly impressive.   Stuart Brown  duly proved that what was actually said, was that 3 Trust board members were refusing to to talk with the Club board. MR Emslie failed to withdraw that allegation on the actual communication being cited in full, rather than in part.

That leaves me with zero confidence that this last ditch retreat from a cliff edge on the Trust boards position on mediation will be conducted in good faith.  That said a mediation offer is on the table and as such, holding the hostility I do have towards the present Trust board and the view that I do have on the good faith of it, I have resigned from the Trust and feel it is best I withdraw from any public comment on it while it proceeds.  Holding the hostility and views that you do on the Club board, perhaps you should consider doing the same thing as regards public comment during this process. There is really no place for either of us in this at this time.  

That is the last thing I have to say on this matter while this mediation proceeds.  

I am surprised by your decision to resign from the Trust, given your opinions on the Trust Board that was wise. 
I welcome your decision to stay quiet during the proposed mediation talks. 
I will consider my position on the matter but will make no promises. 

Edited by rhliston
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

 

 

I am surprised by your decision to resign from the Trust, given your opinions on the Trust Board that was wise. 
I welcome your decision to stay quiet during the proposed mediation talks. 
I will consider my position on the matter but will make no promises. 

I neither ask or invite anyone to share my view, but given that view, it is only right that I resign from the Trust and make no further comment on the mediation ahead.  The Trust board now have every opportunity to prove me wrong in my view.  As we still face a cliff edge, the best outcome for everyone is that they prove me wrong in my personal view.  They now have every opportunity to do that and it is also right that I stay out of it while they attempt to prove they can do that.  It's not just you who should also consider a social media step back. There are others on both sides who have been too invested in a war that is killing our our club.  If there really can be peace for God's sake let's let it happen.

Edited by WC Boggs
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DavidMcG said:

I am very much not in rhlistons circle and can confirm from zoom that his statement was correct.

And I say that as  neutral who holds no foot in either camp.

Boggs - It is clear that you are passionate and I actually agree with alot of your points and what you are saying sometimes but I can't help feel that you are coming across like a man possessed and trust me it's not helping your cause and it wouldn't surprise me if it was hindering those you are defending.

Have your views, stick to them, show your loyalty - all admirable and nobody should ever criticise you for this. Just be mindful that often your passion for your club and board walks a fine line between a loyal passionate fan and someone that nobody takes seriously.

I'm glad to read that you are taking a little break and seeing what the mediation holds for the boards. Lets hope for everyones sake that its onwards and upwards from here

Quite a few of us have crossed that line. I accept that includes me. That is precisely why I have no further comment to make and feel I do not have a place in any public discussion over it.   As I have just said to Rhliston  the best outcome for everyone is for my personal doubts to proved wrong and we get away from a horrific cliff edge. If there can be peace let's all let it happen. Not an easy thing to say given all that's gone down, but it has to be said just the same.

Edited by WC Boggs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

How I was viewed depends on who you talked to about it. I doubt you talked to anyone outside your own circle on that. 

The prelude to peace and the good faith promised,  saw MR Emslie repeating the allegation that the club board refused to sit down with 3 members.  Hardly impressive.   Stuart Brown  duly proved that what was actually said, was that 3 Trust board members were refusing to to talk with the Club board. MR Emslie failed to withdraw that allegation on the actual communication being cited in full, rather than in part.

That leaves me with zero confidence that this last ditch retreat from a cliff edge on the Trust boards position on mediation will be conducted in good faith.  That said a mediation offer is on the table and as such, holding the hostility I do have towards the present Trust board and the view that I do have on the good faith of it, I have resigned from the Trust and feel it is best I withdraw from any public comment on it while it proceeds.  Holding the hostility and views that you do on the Club board, perhaps you should consider doing the same thing as regards public comment during this process. There is really no place for either of us in this at this time.  

That is the last thing I have to say on this matter while this mediation proceeds.  

 

4 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

I neither ask or invite anyone to share my view, but given that view, it is only right that I resign from the Trust and make no further comment on the mediation ahead.  The Trust board now have every opportunity to prove me wrong in my view.  As we still face a cliff edge, the best outcome for everyone is that they prove me wrong in my personal view.  They now have every opportunity to do that and it is also right that I stay out of it while they attempt to prove they can do that.  It's not just you who should also consider a social media step back. There are others on both sides who have been too invested in a war that is killing our our club.  If there really can be peace for God's sake let's let it happen.

 

3 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Quite a few of us have crossed that line. I accept that includes me. That is precisely why I have no further comment to make and feel I do not have a place in any public discussion over it.   As I have just said to Rhliston  the best outcome for everyone is for my personal doubts to proved wrong and we get away from a horrific cliff edge. If there can be peace let's all let it happen. Not an easy thing to say given all that's gone down, but it has to be said just the same.

 

186534268_3904325152949700_6092178728964655624_n.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/07/2022 at 16:03, WC Boggs said:

There's a point at which you can't  control adults by saying no.

Prince Andrew likes this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just back from the Shareholders meeting tonight. 

Colin Rowley has resigned as Commercial  Director of the Club.

Stuart Brown and Lorri Graham remain as Directors of the Club.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Just back from the Shareholders meeting tonight. 

Colin Rowley has resigned as Commercial  Director of the Club.

Stuart Brown and Lorri Graham remain as Directors of the Club.  

 

ww1-gun.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not too au fait with the various things going on so would be good to get some clarity.

Did the Trust vote against the resolution it brought to remove the directors?

But one of them resigned anyway?

What happens with the mediation that was being bandied about?  Is that still on?  Did the trust vote against removing the directors as long as they signed up to mediation.

Tune in next week for more....Soap 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...