Jump to content

A Message to All Stirling Albion Trust Members


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

I would expect so - If things haven't improved in the next ten years 

Well Stuart Brown had nearly 8 years in charge think the Club Board once elected would have less time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Club Board have brought this onto themselves by in effect sticking 2 fingers up to the owners of the Club the majority shareholders the Supporters Trust.  


Oh the irony in this comment! The Trust have suck two fingers up at their members (the owners of the Club) by not holding a vote.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BB_Bino said:

 


Oh the irony in this comment! The Trust have suck two fingers up at their members (the owners of the Club) by not holding a vote.

 

The Trust Board were elected and can be voted out by the members. If the members are not happy with the way things are going at least they have a choice unlike the Club Board who were a law unto themselves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

 


Oh the irony in this comment! The Trust have suck two fingers up at their members (the owners of the Club) by not holding a vote.

 

The Trust will be having a vote on who the new Club Board will be following the interim situation.  That is something that has not occurred since the advent of fan ownership.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, rhliston said:

If the present Club Board hadn’t did what they did, then maybe none of this would have happened. Bottom line is the owners of the Club the Supporters Trust have had to take this action to regain control of what they own. 

I understand, but that just sounds like muscle flexing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

The Trust Board were elected and can be voted out by the members. If the members are not happy with the way things are going at least they have a choice unlike the Club Board who were a law unto themselves. 

I’m well aware of that, but that’s not the point I am making. They still stuck 2 fingers up at their members by ultimately not putting it to a vote. 

1 hour ago, Red Watch said:

The Trust will be having a vote on who the new Club Board will be following the interim situation.  That is something that has not occurred since the advent of fan ownership.   

Yeah, but again, they stuck two fingers up at their membership by not having the vote on the proposal to remove Stuart Brown or the current board. I’m all forThe Trust board having a vote on the new Club Board, what I’m not for is the removal of the current board through a non-democratic process. Like Brexit and the Independence Referendum as an example, if it was the “will of the people” then I and many others, wouldn’t have had an issue.

You can’t get away from it, it’s fact and the point I’m making. As they say in Scotland, you ken it, a ken it. The Trust board wanted rid of Stuart Brown so they made that decision, probably via some sort of loophole, regardless if the majority of members wanted it or not, therefore sticking 2 fingers up to the members, to use the phrase above.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think I've missed something. And I don't see anything on the club or trust website.  Has Stuart Brown been removed?  Or is it just a motion?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If Stuart Brown has any sense he'd tell the drum beaters,.aye fine here you go, I'm off and don't come running for help!

Edited by RH33
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why does there have to be an interim board?

Why can't the existing board continue until the new board are voted in (assuming the existing board would be happy to continue)? I would have thought we'd have more stability that way unless the interim board members can hit the ground running.

Creating an interim board suggests there's some sort of emergency requiring immediate action. Things are obviously fraught between the 2 boards, but we don't seem to be in any financial or legal difficulties that need the existing board to be ousted immediately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

 


Oh the irony in this comment! The Trust have suck two fingers up at their members (the owners of the Club) by not holding a vote.

 

If you didnt have a vote to elect the board,then why change the rules to remove them.Its the same with Managers,we dont get a vote to pick them,neither do we get a vote to sack them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Just received an e mail from the Club, 

Special General Meeting of the Shareholders Called for Wednesday 3 August at 6pm Golden Lion Hotel, Stirling 

3 resolutions on the table to remove the following Directors Stuart Brown, Lorri Graham and Colin Rowley.

That new Directors are appointed as Directors with immediate effect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rhliston said:

Just received an e mail from the Club, 

Special General Meeting of the Shareholders Called for Wednesday 3 August at 6pm Golden Lion Hotel, Stirling 

3 resolutions on the table to remove the following Directors Stuart Brown, Lorri Graham and Colin Rowley.

That new Directors are appointed as Directors with immediate effect. 

Why is Grant Morrice name not on the list?

Edited by BB_Bino
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Why is Grant Morrice name not on the list?

Indeed and why are they not naming the people  the 3 stooges intend to appoint once they're in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Why is Grant Morrice name not on the list?

Not a Director of the Club as listed in Companies House. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Indeed and why are they not naming the people  the 3 stooges intend to appoint once they're in?

Already have named the 3 people taking over from the 3 to be removed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Why is Grant Morrice name not on the list?

Note also, the 3 replaced with immediate effect by appointees at the shareholder's meeting. Any mere ordinary member who thought they were getting a vote on installing those 3, may now feel well conned.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, rhliston said:

Already have named the 3 people taking over from the 3 to be removed. 

Give your pish a rest. I'm talking about those to follow after those 3 get installed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...