A Message to All Stirling Albion Trust Members

4 hours ago, TheWestStand said:

Happy Sunday 

The club board has always acted in what we believe to be the best interests of the football club 

Working out well that

We now have a situation where the chairman of a Trust board that is PROVEN to have repeatedly lied through it's teeth, to the OWNERS of the club, is supposed to be anointed Club board chairman by the OWNERS they've lied to.  

I DON'T FUCKIN THINK SO!  

They don't have to authorise a vote for the membership to demonstrate to these LIARS, that they have zero legitimacy.   Tuesday night. Guess who's coming to dinner! 

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

This is compelling reading. Can you livestream the AGM on the 3rd? You should ask Jackie Weaver to facilitate the meeting to keep the peace.

Already sold the rights to HBO for a new blood, guts and intrigue epic.  They're calling it Game of Moans. 

No tits, unless you count the Trust board.

8 hours ago, TheWestStand said:

Happy Sunday 

The chairman is sending a legal letter demanding a vote by Trust members or mediation, leading to a managed transition?

Been there, done that!!

August 2017 at the Mayfield, the members voted 58 per cent to 42 per cent for the chairman to go.

He ignored the members' wishes.

Instead, the Trust board went to mediation with the chairman, who promised he would abide by the result.

The mediator advised for him to go via a managed transition - he ignored the mediator.

Yes, this whole thing is a shambles and been badly handled.

But the Trust board represents the majority shareholder and is invested with the power to hire and fire Club board members.

Under the constitution, the Trust membership is NOT ALLOWED to give the Trust board binding directions on who to hire and fire.

In fact, the Trust board actually WANTS to change the constitution so that members CAN have a vote on who's on the Club board!!

Everyone who is currently on the Club board will be able to stand in those elections.

But the Trust board CANNOT GET ON AND DO THESE THINGS because the Club board WON'T GO.

The Trust board IS TRYING to implement a managed transition via a new interim board.

Club board...you've had your fair vote, you've had all the democracy and legal timetables that it is possible to have. 

There is nothing more to discuss.

The people with the shares have decided it's time to go.

So, PLEASE, in the name of God, GO!!!

2 hours ago, King Crownest said:

The chairman is sending a legal letter demanding a vote by Trust members or mediation, leading to a managed transition?

Been there, done that!!

August 2017 at the Mayfield, the members voted 58 per cent to 42 per cent for the chairman to go.

Instead, the Trust board went to mediation with the chairman, who promised he would abide by the result.

The mediator advised for him to go via a managed transition - he ignored the mediator.

But the Trust board represents the majority shareholder and is invested with the power to hire and fire Club board members.

Under the constitution, the Trust membership is NOT ALLOWED to give the Trust board binding directions on who to hire and fire.

In fact, the Trust board actually WANTS to change the constitution so that members CAN have a vote on who's on the Club board!!

Everyone who is currently on the Club board will be able to stand in those elections.

But the Trust board CANNOT GET ON AND DO THESE THINGS because the Club board WON'T GO.

The Trust board IS TRYING to implement a managed transition via a new interim board.

Club board...you've had your fair vote, you've had all the democracy and legal timetables that it is possible to have. 

Answering a proven charge of Trust board deceit with more deceit is pretty dumb, but you are not smart people. You choose to go back to 2017 to try and deflect.  Fine, let's go back there.    I couldn't remember Stuart losing that vote at the Mayfield, but I accept he did. 

It did jolt my memory a bit though, so I did recall that the event was a series of character assassination speeches by Trust board supporters.  Including a long version from an inebriated Willie Gibson, who Stuart had never met or spoken with in his life.  It was a live version of the same baseless despicable smears that were being conducted on behalf of the Trust board on social media. 

The tactics don't change or mature with passage of time. 

Stuart did agree to mediation. He did agree to step down  if advised to.  He did not end up going. He ended up not going, because the Trust board did a mass resignation after  rigging of Trust board meetings was exposed in public.

There was no one to hand over to in any transition, because Lewandowski, Thompson, Kennedy, the lot of them, were all exposed, gone and disgraced.   A poll of members had revealed 70% wanted them gone.  That's why they bolted using the we've been intimidated excuse. Stuart didn't step down because there was nobody to step down for.  Tell it all, not the edited version.

After that you resort to straight out deceit.   The Trust board had 4 years and a mandate to produce a new constitution. The people who prevented it being produced were  TRUST BOARD  MEMBERS.   The Club board totally approved of a new constitution being produced and still do.  

It is a TOTAL LIE to claim  a new constitution can't be brought in, because the "Club board won't go."  The club board couldn't prevent it.  The Trust board still have a 4 year old ongoing mandate for a new constitution.  Once produced if the membership approves it it's done. The present board still being there is no barrier.

The Trust board is trying to IMPOSE an interim board, based on false narratives of a despicable nature. There has been no "fair vote" anywhere but in your twisted mind.  What there has been is repeated refusal to hold any vote involving the membership.  

The fate of this so called  "fans  owned " club is now the decision of a handful of shareholders.   EXACTLY AS IT WOULD BE IN A PRIVATELY OWNED CONCERN.  THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT FANS OWNED IS SUPPOSED TO BE.  The whole principle of fan ownership has been binned along with  democracy, so  that The Trust board can perform a coup.   You are so blinded with bitterness you neither see that, or give a damn if you do see it. 

The membership will decide when there is nothing more to discuss. Not you. Not the Trust board and not a handful of shareholders. They are not Gods and if they want the power of being privately owned, then they should sell up and buy into another club.   

Edited by WC Boggs
add

The Trust Board may well wield the power to fire the Club Board without a vote, and clearly believe it’s the best course of action for the future of Stirling Albion. However something this emotive really should be put to a vote, though I’d rather the 50-odd people who all suddenly joined via the same email address didn’t get a say. 

If it doesn’t go to a vote, the interim club board may find itself facing obstacles from those left within the club who see it as illegitimate. Such as the club captain, who “liked” the club boards tweet yesterday. 

I still keep changing my mind. The constant stream of information blames each side. People close to CB believe the CB is largely innocent, dogged by an irrational and spiteful TB. Yet people close to the TB believe the CB is aloof, and contemptible — they believe the TB are merely trying to free us all from tyranny.

I think both sides have probably made serious mistakes along the way. Can’t wait for this all to end. It’s been an absolute embarrassment for far too long. 

12 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:However something this emotive really should be put to a vote, though I’d rather the 50-odd people who all suddenly joined via the same email address didn’t get a say. 

It would be interesting to know how many of these people have subsequently signed up for the new season, at the higher rate, using their own email.

10 hours ago, TheWestStand said:

From that comment all it proves is Mr Liston as expected has a vindeta against Stuart Brown and it now shows 

Really a vandetta against Stuart Brown 😂 , I take it you have read the update from the Trust Board explaining its position in relation to the letter from Stuart Brown on Twitter and posted on this forum. 

If you have not I suggest you get a copy and read it it as it lays out the Trust Board position very clearly. 

Edited by rhliston

10 hours ago, King Crownest said:

Been there, done that!!

Couldn`t agree more with your post and for the point of interest the Trust Board have released another update explaining their position with regard to the recent letter from Stuart Brown published on this forum. I would advise all Trust members to read it. 

8 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Answering a proven charge of Trust board deceit with more deceit is pretty dumb, but you are not smart people. You choose to go back to 2017 to try and deflect.  Fine, let's go back there.    I couldn't remember Stuart losing that vote at the Mayfield, but I accept he did. 

It did jolt my memory a bit though, so I did recall that the event was a series of character assassination speeches by Trust board supporters.  Including a long version from an inebriated Willie Gibson, who Stuart had never met or spoken with in his life.  It was a live version of the same baseless despicable smears that were being conducted on behalf of the Trust board on social media. 

The tactics don't change or mature with passage of time. 

Stuart did agree to mediation. He did agree to step down  if advised to.  He did not end up going. He ended up not going, because the Trust board did a mass resignation after  rigging of Trust board meetings was exposed in public.

There was no one to hand over to in any transition, because Lewandowski, Thompson, Kennedy, the lot of them, were all exposed, gone and disgraced.   A poll of members had revealed 70% wanted them gone.  That's why they bolted using the we've been intimidated excuse. Stuart didn't step down because there was nobody to step down for.  Tell it all, not the edited version.

After that you resort to straight out deceit.   The Trust board had 4 years and a mandate to produce a new constitution. The people who prevented it being produced were  TRUST BOARD  MEMBERS.   The Club board totally approved of a new constitution being produced and still do.  

It is a TOTAL LIE to claim  a new constitution can't be brought in, because the "Club board won't go."  The club board couldn't prevent it.  The Trust board still have a 4 year old ongoing mandate for a new constitution.  Once produced if the membership approves it it's done. The present board still being there is no barrier.

The Trust board is trying to IMPOSE an interim board, based on false narratives of a despicable nature. There has been no "fair vote" anywhere but in your twisted mind.  What there has been is repeated refusal to hold any vote involving the membership.  

The fate of this so called  "fans  owned " club is now the decision of a handful of shareholders.   EXACTLY AS IT WOULD BE IN A PRIVATELY OWNED CONCERN.  THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF WHAT FANS OWNED IS SUPPOSED TO BE.  The whole principle of fan ownership has been binned along with  democracy, so  that The Trust board can perform a coup.   You are so blinded with bitterness you neither see that, or give a damn if you do see it. 

The membership will decide when there is nothing more to discuss. Not you. Not the Trust board and not a handful of shareholders. They are not Gods and if they want the power of being privately owned, then they should sell up and buy into another club.   

Willie Gibson was there aye??

I will bet you all the hallucigenic drugs you're on that the current Queen of the South manager did not roll up pished to a Stirling Albion Supporters Trust meeting and start ranting about Stuart Brown.

Also, you say the chairman reneged on the mediation AFTER the Trust board quit.

Actually, he reneged on the mediation weeks BEFORE the Trust board quit.

If I were indiscreet, I would be able to tell you about the joint Club/Trust meeting at which it happened and who was the CLUB director who was left seething at the chairman suddenly changing his mind.

This is already too fractious an issue for you to keep splurging BS and fantasy into a public forum - and yet you keep doing it!!

Finally, you keep saying it's a coup. No it's not. How can it be a coup when the Trust is using its legal powers to sort out something it legally owns?

I hold no torch for the Trust board at all - this should have been sorted years ago.

But the fact is it IS getting sorted now and there is no going back.

The Club board says it has the best interests of the club at heart - so it will surely do everything now to make sure this transition is smooth.

That is what Stirling Albion needs.

1 hour ago, BinoBalls said:

The Trust Board may well wield the power to fire the Club Board without a vote, and clearly believe it’s the best course of action for the future of Stirling Albion. However something this emotive really should be put to a vote, though I’d rather the 50-odd people who all suddenly joined via the same email address didn’t get a say. 

It was put to an advisory vote in 2017 and the view of the members was that the chairman should go.

A similar vote cannot now be held precisely because of the issue you raise - the well has been poisoned by the manner in which additional members have suddenly appeared.

The result would be endlessly squabbled over.

What the club needs right now is for the constitution to be respected and followed by everyone.

That means the Trust board will appoint a board to run the club.

And Trust members will elect new Trust board members at the upcoming AGM if they are unhappy with the current ones.