A Message to All Stirling Albion Trust Members

To believe the propaganda the Trust board is now shitting out at the rate of a full herd of cows, you'd think the club board were responsible for there being no revised constitution and no governance rules.  

We've been looking at other fans owned clubs and their constitutions and governance rules they say.  They say it like it's all new to them.  LIES!   BULLSHIT!  They were tasked by membership vote to look at other fans owned clubs over 4 years ago. They were tasked to write up a new constitution over 4 years ago.  It was in their power and remit to create rules of governance as part of that over 4 years ago. 

SO WHY DIDN'T IT HAPPEN?  WHO REALLY DEFIED THE WISHES OF THE MEMBERSHIP FOR A BETTER RUN CLUB?

The writing of sections of the new constitution and rules were divided up between individual members. Some returned their completed sections in good time.  2  dragged their feet and in the end failed to produce the parts they had been assigned.   

THAT IS WHY A NEW CONSTITUTION AND RULES OF GOVERNANCE DIDN'T HAPPEN!   IT DIDN'T HAPPEN BECAUSE 2 TRUST BOARD MEMBERS DEFIED THE MEMBERSHIP AND MADE SURE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. 

The membership were never informed of the defiance and the whole issue neatly buried in over 2 years of pandemic silence.  So we get to today and that same pair who denied the club a new constitution and better governance, still sit on that board.  They sit there while the Trust board shits out the false narrative that it's Club board defiance that's prevented better governance.  They sit there KNOWING the Club board never had the power to resist better governance and actually WANTED The new constitution and governance rules THE TRUST BOARD REFUSED TO DELIVER FOR OVER 4 YEARS.  

THAT'S WHO DEFIED YOU AND DENIED YOU BETTER GOVERANCE!  THAT''S WHO SOLD YOU UP THE SWANNY AND WANTS YOU TO TRUST THEM WITH THE POWER OF BOTH BOARDS.

They aren't fit to represent you on one board, never mind two.

4 hours ago, gmca said:

Can you advise why the vote was deemed legally invalid?

Quoting from the Trust Update "Having taken legal advice , the first resolution in the notice will not be voted on because it is incompetent . Notice of the General Meeting of Stirling Albion Football & Athletic Club Ltd (The "Club") on the 3rd of August has already been given by the Club and, once given, there is no legal authority for this to be withdrawn or cancelled. The notice served on the Club by the Trust on the 14th June calling for the General Meeting which will be held on the 3rf of August therefore cannot now be "disregarded " and the proposed first resolution is therefore legally invalid". 

Hope that clears things up. 

46 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Quoting from the Trust Update "Having taken legal advice , the first resolution in the notice will not be voted on because it is incompetent . Notice of the General Meeting of Stirling Albion Football & Athletic Club Ltd (The "Club") on the 3rd of August has already been given by the Club and, once given, there is no legal authority for this to be withdrawn or cancelled. The notice served on the Club by the Trust on the 14th June calling for the General Meeting which will be held on the 3rf of August therefore cannot now be "disregarded " and the proposed first resolution is therefore legally invalid". 

No it doesn't clear things up. It tells you only the vote set out in the requisition goes ahead.  View the requisition and look at what vote that is.  In your defence, anybody could have got confused by that badly constructed message. 

Whilst at the match today I had a chat to a number of fans about the impending discussions about the removal of Club board members including the Chairman.  Almost without exception those fans were apprehensive about the Club and its future were it to lose overnight the services of key individuals who have contributed significantly to the matchday experience as well as at other times.

Quite apart from this the fans were of the opinion that the Club Board’s actions in not engaging with the Trust, as majority owners and shareholders, were beyond reason and not in the interests of Stirling Albion FC.  Indeed, those fans considered the Club’s actions to have been detrimental to Stirling Albion and to the reputation of football in community.

A general view emerged that it was high time that certain individuals, on both sides, swallowed their pride and ceased to display the animosity to each other which has been all too evident.  It was considered inevitable that there was no way of escaping the fact that the Club and the Trust are going to have to engage with each other constructively and work together for the advancement of the Club.  Neither side has a monopoly on expertise in running a football club, whilst each side will be able to contribute ideas designed to strengthen the club to the point where its future in the short, medium and longer term can be assured.

The fans I spoke to believe that the Trust has on several occasions in the past offered an olive branch to the Club Board only to be rebuffed.  Why should this be?  What legitimacy prevails to support this negative attitude.  If this persists, we will lose key individuals that we can ill-afford to lose through their removal from office and Stirling Albion FC will suffer as a consequence.

I know not if the Club Chairman reads this forum.  If he does, I would urge him on behalf of fans to show that he is big enough by contacting the Trust Chairman without delay with a view to setting up discussions as a matter of urgency with a view reaching agreement on a mechanism to further understandings on a range of issues which have been allowed to fester for many months.  If he does not read this forum, I would urge Mr Boggs to act as a go between to relay this message to him urgently.

Likewise, if anyone has contact with the Trust Chairman, can urgent contact be made with him to convey the pressing message that the two sides need to come together to obviate further conflict which is in the offing in the shape of the Special General Meeting of the Trust next Tuesday and then the General Meeting of the Club Limited Company just over a week later on 3rd August.

One fan suggested to me that the two sides appoint a mutually acceptable person to facilitate constructive dialogue on the way forward and this idea might have some merit.

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

To believe the propaganda the Trust board is now shitting out at the rate of a full herd of cows, you'd think the club board were responsible for there being no revised constitution and no governance rules.  

We've been looking at other fans owned clubs and their constitutions and governance rules they say.  They say it like it's all new to them.  LIES!   BULLSHIT!  They were tasked by membership vote to look at other fans owned clubs over 4 years ago. They were tasked to write up a new constitution over 4 years ago.  It was in their power and remit to create rules of governance as part of that over 4 years ago. 

SO WHY DIDN'T IT HAPPEN?  WHO REALLY DEFIED THE WISHES OF THE MEMBERSHIP FOR A BETTER RUN CLUB?

The writing of sections of the new constitution and rules were divided up between individual members. Some returned their completed sections in good time.  2  dragged their feet and in the end failed to produce the parts they had been assigned.   

THAT IS WHY A NEW CONSTITUTION AND RULES OF GOVERNANCE DIDN'T HAPPEN!   IT DIDN'T HAPPEN BECAUSE 2 TRUST BOARD MEMBERS DEFIED THE MEMBERSHIP AND MADE SURE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. 

The membership were never informed of the defiance and the whole issue neatly buried in over 2 years of pandemic silence.  So we get to today and that same pair who denied the club a new constitution and better governance, still sit on that board.  They sit there while the Trust board shits out the false narrative that it's Club board defiance that's prevented better governance.  They sit there KNOWING the Club board never had the power to resist better governance and actually WANTED The new constitution and governance rules THE TRUST BOARD REFUSED TO DELIVER FOR OVER 4 YEARS.  

THAT'S WHO DEFIED YOU AND DENIED YOU BETTER GOVERANCE!  THAT''S WHO SOLD YOU UP THE SWANNY AND WANTS YOU TO TRUST THEM WITH THE POWER OF BOTH BOARDS.

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

Having read you Rant about the Trust Board and how its ALL the fault of the Trust Board including 2 certain members who you do NOT name, I would like to respond to your Rant. 

Any Directors who IGNORE, REFUSE TO COMMUNICATE AND REFUSE TO ATTEND MEETINGS with the OWNERS of the Club, clearly are asking for trouble. 

I have read posts of various Social Media platforms from former Trust Board Chairmen about how they tried to get round a table and talk to the Club Board only to be ignored is very worrying. 

Then when the Club Directors try through their gang of 74 to have the entire Trust Board removed without a reason, is it any wonder the Trust Board have reacted in such a manner. The time for talking is over and the Trust Board have taken action to remove the 3 remaining Club Bard Directors by calling a General Meeting of Stirling Albion Football Club Shareholders on the 3rd of August. 

The Club Board deserve what is coming to them on the 3rd of August. Whilst the Trust Board DO have faults, they have an obligation to its members to run the Trust properly. They have taken action to protect the Trust`s INTERESTS as the majority shareholder and owner of Stirling Albion F. 

That`s the facts as I see it. 

21 minutes ago, Red Watch said:

Whilst at the match today I had a chat to a number of fans about the impending discussions about the removal of Club board members including the Chairman.  Almost without exception those fans were apprehensive about the Club and its future were it to lose overnight the services of key individuals who have contributed significantly to the matchday experience as well as at other times.

Quite apart from this the fans were of the opinion that the Club Board’s actions in not engaging with the Trust, as majority owners and shareholders, were beyond reason and not in the interests of Stirling Albion FC.  Indeed, those fans considered the Club’s actions to have been detrimental to Stirling Albion and to the reputation of football in community.

A general view emerged that it was high time that certain individuals, on both sides, swallowed their pride and ceased to display the animosity to each other which has been all too evident.  It was considered inevitable that there was no way of escaping the fact that the Club and the Trust are going to have to engage with each other constructively and work together for the advancement of the Club.  Neither side has a monopoly on expertise in running a football club, whilst each side will be able to contribute ideas designed to strengthen the club to the point where its future in the short, medium and longer term can be assured.

The fans I spoke to believe that the Trust has on several occasions in the past offered an olive branch to the Club Board only to be rebuffed.  Why should this be?  What legitimacy prevails to support this negative attitude.  If this persists, we will lose key individuals that we can ill-afford to lose through their removal from office and Stirling Albion FC will suffer as a consequence.

I know not if the Club Chairman reads this forum.  If he does, I would urge him on behalf of fans to show that he is big enough by contacting the Trust Chairman without delay with a view to setting up discussions as a matter of urgency with a view reaching agreement on a mechanism to further understandings on a range of issues which have been allowed to fester for many months.  If he does not read this forum, I would urge Mr Boggs to act as a go between to relay this message to him urgently.

Likewise, if anyone has contact with the Trust Chairman, can urgent contact be made with him to convey the pressing message that the two sides need to come together to obviate further conflict which is in the offing in the shape of the Special General Meeting of the Trust next Tuesday and then the General Meeting of the Club Limited Company just over a week later on 3rd August.

One fan suggested to me that the two sides appoint a mutually acceptable person to facilitate constructive dialogue on the way forward and this idea might have some merit.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the fact is its gone on for far too now and their is no turning the Clock back and hoping for some sort of compromise, its too late in the day for that to happen. 

All we can hope for is once the Dust settles and the changes the Trust Board have promised to make take effect that the future of the Club is strengthened and we have a more Democratic Club Board who respond to the wishes of the Trust members. 

22 minutes ago, Red Watch said:

Whilst at the match today I had a chat to a number of fans about the impending discussions about the removal of Club board members including the Chairman............ If he does not read this forum, I would urge Mr Boggs to act as a go between to relay this message to him urgently

You spoke to him, why didn't you ask him?   It's your urgent appeal and it's not like you're too shy or not wordy enough.  You can be the go between for BOTH chairmen. Appealing to one and not the other isn't really a peace plan is it Dr Kissinger?

13 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Having read you Rant about the Trust Board and how its ALL the fault of the Trust Board including 2 certain members who you do NOT name, I would like to respond to your Rant. 

Any Directors who IGNORE, REFUSE TO COMMUNICATE AND REFUSE TO ATTEND MEETINGS with the OWNERS of the Club, clearly are asking for trouble. 

I have read posts of various Social Media platforms from former Trust Board Chairmen about how they tried to get round a table and talk to the Club Board only to be ignored is very worrying. 

Then when the Club Directors try through their gang of 74 to have the entire Trust Board removed without a reason, is it any wonder the Trust Board have reacted in such a manner. The time for talking is over and the Trust Board have taken action to remove the 3 remaining Club Bard Directors by calling a General Meeting of Stirling Albion Football Club Shareholders on the 3rd of August. 

The Club Board deserve what is coming to them on the 3rd of August. Whilst the Trust Board DO have faults, they have an obligation to its members to run the Trust properly. They have taken action to protect the Trust`s INTERESTS as the majority shareholder and owner of Stirling Albion F. 

That`s the facts as I see it. 

Except you don't respond to the crux of my "rant."  You do your usual and pivot off on your own rant. 

You want the names of the 2 Trust board members who defied the membership, took it upon themselves not to submit parts of a new constitution they were tasked with. The real culprits for nothing being done on better governance.

Absolutely, you and everybody else has a right to know.  Isn't that right STEVE SMITH and JOHN SANZ. I cordially invite you to explain to rhliston and everybody else why the new constitution you were tasked  with was never completed and buried without the membership's consent.

In fact that instruction for a new constitution was NEVER rescinded, so you're over  4 years late to get started. Isn't that right you two champions of better governance?

15 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

You spoke to him, why didn't you ask him?   It's your urgent appeal and it's not like you're too shy or not wordy enough.  You can be the go between for BOTH chairmen. Appealing to one and not the other isn't really a peace plan is it Dr Kissinger?

You have misread my post.  I did not speak to the Chairman this afternoon. 

I am not going to descend to your level of making snide remarks as it does not further what I am trying to do here.  Will you assist or not?  I am trying to find a way forward which might achieve an outcome appealing to all concerned.

If not, just say so!

10 hours ago, Red Watch said:

You have misread my post.  I did not speak to the Chairman this afternoon. 

I am not going to descend to your level of making snide remarks as it does not further what I am trying to do here.  Will you assist or not?  I am trying to find a way forward which might achieve an outcome appealing to all concerned.

If not, just say so!

Give it a rest with the fake indignation at snide remarks. You've done nothing but descend to snide remarks.  Right so I've misread that. You did not speak to the chairman.  

What you are trying to do here, is place all the onus for some sort of peace meeting on Stuart. Where's the appeal to the other side?  Don't try to con me. Dragging an ego big enough to be seen from space doesn't make you smart enough.

You want peace talks, get somebody not hostile to either side to appeal to both.  Before you do consider this. The Trust board have made an official announcement that they cannot/will not work with the Club board. There is little point in asking for peace talks with that for a starting point.    Who's going to appeal to that intransigent position with any hope of success?

Edited by WC Boggs
Typo

2 hours ago, rhliston said:

It does thanks if my understanding is right.

Basically, because the shareholders meeting had an existing resolution to oust the club directors, there can't be a trust members resolution to not oust the club directors.

12 minutes ago, gmca said:

Basically, because the shareholders meeting had an existing resolution to oust the club directors, there can't be a trust members resolution to not oust the club directors.

Yes according to the legal advice the Trust Board received. 

17 minutes ago, gmca said:

Now I'm confused. The pdf with the requisition displays the resolution lodged to cancel the removal of the club board.  If we're not voting on that what are we voting on?   

9 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Now I'm confused. The pdf with the requisition displays the resolution lodged to cancel the removal of the club board.  If we're not voting on that what are we voting on?   

According to Rhliston's original post on the previous page, the only vote will be on the 2nd resolution to hold an AGM.

1 minute ago, gmca said:

According to Rhliston's original post on the previous page, the only vote will be on the 2nd resolution to hold an AGM.

Thanks gmca.  I can't keep up with the machinations of this bunch to avoid votes.  So now we have to force a vote to even get them to hold an AGM.  To use a well worn cliche, you couldn't make it up!

57 minutes ago, TheWestStand said:

Happy Sunday 

About time.    I've known the Trust board were lying to people about this from the start. It's THEM who wouldn't meet for peace talks. The only thing the Trust board wanted joint meetings for, was their same old shit about trying to pressure their way into operational decision making without a mandate for it.  

But hey they're the victims.  All they wanted was a little peace.

A piece  of manager hiring and the power to fire him too

A piece of anything they could get without ever asking you.

A big piece of  Exec power would really be just swell 

Call it accountability and grab every other piece as well.

Apologies to Mel Brooks for slaughtering his lines.

Edited by WC Boggs