A Message to All Stirling Albion Trust Members

On 25/05/2022 at 15:38, King Crownest said:

The Trust accounts for 2020, published ahead of last year's AGM, showed that two tranches of cash totalling £32,313 went direct from the Trust to the Club. 

But that "a further £4,000 of society [Trust] funds were gifted to the subsidiary [the club] but paid to Stirling Albion Associates, a separate entity set up for the purpose of supporting the subsidiary".

So why would money go from A to B - owner to a subsidiary - via C, a third party?

Who asked for the money to be diverted via C and what was it spent on?

As Stirling Albion is a club run competently and with complete transparency, I've no doubt at all there is a reasonable explanation and the information will be forthcoming.

Maybe WC Boggs can shed some light?

You say that £4,000 funds were gifted to the club. Just speculating, but I wonder if there was some tax advantage in setting up the separate entity in a specific way, in the sense they may have been able to claim something akin to gift aid which the club itself couldn't have claimed.

1 hour ago, Red Watch said:

Some interesting proposals there!  I have been poring over these details looking for flaws but, apart from one, I can't detect any.

What isn't mentioned in the post above is the fact that in an email to members the Trust Board say they "have identified individuals with the skills required to ensure that the club can continue to function in the short term and also provide a base for further development".

The only potential fly in the ointment would be if the outgoing Club Board attempt to interfere with a seamless transition to the interim scenario.  

Longer term, I welcome the idea of Trust members having a vote for Club Board directors, just as long as the sort of gerrymandering attempted recently by an existing Club Board member can be eliminated in the interests of true democracy.

I agree with a lot of what you say. I believe you are referring to the interim Board regarding these individuals who have the skills. Their is nothing stoping these people seeking election to the Club Board on a permanent basis subject of course to the new rules being put in place. 

Yes it will be interesting to see how the current Club Board react, let’s hope some common sense prevails but don’t hold up much hope tbh. 

10 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

Was the present Club Board elected by the membership or was it appointed by the Trust Board?

Neither.  The present Club Board was established by, er, the Club Board!  

On 26/05/2022 at 17:18, TheWestStand said:

What I can say after today is - we're fucked 

Correction. We're "fucked" in 3-6 months. That'll be well after the new season has started. After the present club board have completed all player registrations and required paperwork  for  a non existent interim board.  After hospitality arrangements have been set up and caterers secured for the season.  After just about every required function of competent administration has been carried out,  before they send in the clowns.   

What do they want?   A coup  d'etat.

When do they want it?   Ummm....... In about 3-6 months when they've found the replacements they were required by the constitution to name when they announced they were removing the Exec.

What are they going to do for the next 3-6 months then?   Keep playing the victim and gushing about democracy, accountability and transparency.   All the while keeping the membership disenfranchised and being accountable about nothing and transparent about nothing themselves.

But...but....we're fans owned aren't we?   No we're not. We're shareholder owned.  Where a small minority of shareholders with large holdings who happen to be fans, can work within and with the Trust board to keep the second class fan membership marginalized. 

But...but.....we don't want to hear about coups. We just want it all to go away.  It was never going to go away from the day Thompson got back on that board .  The idea that he ever had any intention of working in co-operation with a board he had declared he wouldn't work with 5 years ago, is utterly laughable.  Under his baleful influence it's gone where it was always intended to go.  

Since the Exec won't stand up and defend itself, I don't see why I should knock my pan in trying to support them any more.  It's  my turn to sit back and munch some popcorn, while the Exec gets turned into a monkey house by a half dozen ego bruised incompetents.  You're all Jim Thompson's bairns now and God fucking help you!

12 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Correction. We're "fucked" in 3-6 months. That'll be well after the new season has started. After the present club board have completed all player registrations and required paperwork  for  a non existent interim board.  After hospitality arrangements have been set up and caterers secured for the season.  After just about every required function of competent administration has been carried out,  before they send in the clowns.   

What do they want?   A coup  d'etat.

When do they want it?   Ummm....... In about 3-6 months when they've found the replacements they were required by the constitution to name when they announced they were removing the Exec.

What are they going to do for the next 3-6 months then?   Keep playing the victim and gushing about democracy, accountability and transparency.   All the while keeping the membership disenfranchised and being accountable about nothing and transparent about nothing themselves.

But...but....we're fans owned aren't we?   No we're not. We're shareholder owned.  Where a small minority of shareholders with large holdings who happen to be fans, can work within and with the Trust board to keep the second class fan membership marginalized. 

But...but.....we don't want to hear about coups. We just want it all to go away.  It was never going to go away from the day Thompson got back on that board .  The idea that he ever had any intention of working in co-operation with a board he had declared he wouldn't work with 5 years ago, is utterly laughable.  Under his baleful influence it's gone where it was always intended to go.  

Since the Exec won't stand up and defend itself, I don't see why I should knock my pan in trying to support them any more.  It's  my turn to sit back and munch some popcorn, while the Exec gets turned into a monkey house by a half dozen ego bruised incompetents.  You're all Jim Thompson's bairns now and God fucking help you!

Having read your post of what you predict ruin of the club within 3 to 6 months I don’t agree. 

The Club Board have brought this onto themselves by in effect sticking 2 fingers up to the owners of the Club the majority shareholders the Supporters Trust.  The resulting actions by the Club Board only served to galvanised the Trust Board to take action to regain control of what they own. 

Let’s hope the interim Board can stabilise this Club and if things go well on the park then I believe the actions taken are justified in the long term. We all want the Club to do well, so let’s give the interim Board a chance. 

38 minutes ago, Red Watch said:

You still haven't told us why you consider "we're fucked", despite being invited to do so..  

deap breath...

How many people would be willing to put in as much work and hours as the current board do unpaid? My guess would be not many - I could be wrong.

Commercial side - our current commercial director has done a fantastic job over the past few years raising and bringing money into the club via hospitality, sponsorships etc. Link back to the previous point - how many people with experience as good as him would be willing to put in as much work for no wage? 

I have my own personal thoughts too but they will remain that way.

I hope that satisfies you with my thoughts as to why me may be fucked. Sorry for taking a while to get back, some of work long shifts. Have a nice day and weekend  

Edited by TheWestStand

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

if things go well on the park then I believe the actions taken are justified in the long term.

That's a huge IF. 

Currently I'm in the 'better the devil you know' mindset. I don't know any of the Trust Board members (I do know who some of them are) but if the pro-Trust commentators on here are anything to go by, I'm backing the current regime.

I'm not happy with the progress on the pitch but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Something has to change but I don't think what's being proposed is the answer.

2 hours ago, rhliston said:

Having read your post of what you predict ruin of the club within 3 to 6 months I don’t agree. 

The Club Board have brought this onto themselves by in effect sticking 2 fingers up to the owners of the Club the majority shareholders the Supporters Trust.  The resulting actions by the Club Board only served to galvanised the Trust Board to take action to regain control of what they own. 

Let’s hope the interim Board can stabilise this Club and if things go well on the park then I believe the actions taken are justified in the long term. We all want the Club to do well, so let’s give the interim Board a chance. 

^^^

WHA0180043.jpg

10 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

That's a huge IF. 

Currently I'm in the 'better the devil you know' mindset. I don't know any of the Trust Board members (I do know who some of them are) but if the pro-Trust commentators on here are anything to go by, I'm backing the current regime.

I'm not happy with the progress on the pitch but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Something has to change but I don't think what's being proposed is the answer.

If the present Club Board hadn’t did what they did, then maybe none of this would have happened. Bottom line is the owners of the Club the Supporters Trust have had to take this action to regain control of what they own. 

Edited by rhliston

1 hour ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

If the plan is to have a newly elected board, what would stop the existing club board putting their names forward for election?

Nothing.