A Message to All Stirling Albion Trust Members

Just now, WC Boggs said:

Oh come on, you live for the attention. You want it so bad, even bad attention is good attention for you.

Still haven`t told me the name of the person you were referring too in your previous posts WC Boggs. 😂

Just now, rhliston said:

Still haven`t told me the name of the person you were referring too in your previous posts WC Boggs. 😂

You still haven't told me why Stuart Brown would call for a shareholders meeting.  Or why you said the Trust board called for the shareholder's meeting, when they've told everybody several shareholders called for it. I make that a 2-1 win to me..

8 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

You still haven't told me why Stuart Brown would call for a shareholders meeting.  Or why you said the Trust board called for the shareholder's meeting, when they've told everybody several shareholders called for it. I make that a 2-1 win to me..

We could go on at this all day WC Boggs clearly you don`t want to tell me who you were referring too in your posts despite being asked on at least 3 occasions. 😂

I have better things to do with my time in trying to get an answer to a simple question from you. Goodbye for now. no doubt we will speak again, lets hope next time you have the courage to answer a straight question with a straight answer, somehow I doubt it. 2-2 I think 😂

Edited by rhliston

3 hours ago, rhliston said:

We could go on at this all day WC Boggs clearly you don`t want to tell me who you were referring too in your posts despite being asked on at least 3 occasions. 😂

I have better things to do with my time in trying to get an answer to a simple question from you. Goodbye for now. no doubt we will speak again, lets hope next time you have the courage to answer a straight question with a straight answer, somehow I doubt it. 2-2 I think 😂

Naw  2-1. An action replay doesn't count as a second goal in football. Just make it goodbye permanently crazy man. 

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Naw  2-1. An action replay doesn't count as a second goal in football. Just make it goodbye permanently crazy man. 

I`ll be back 😀

On 24/05/2022 at 09:54, Red Watch said:

I hear that at the Shareholders meeting the subject of a Stirling Albion Associates bank account was raised.  Can anyone shed any light on this and what is behind it? 

The Trust accounts for 2020, published ahead of last year's AGM, showed that two tranches of cash totalling £32,313 went direct from the Trust to the Club. 

But that "a further £4,000 of society [Trust] funds were gifted to the subsidiary [the club] but paid to Stirling Albion Associates, a separate entity set up for the purpose of supporting the subsidiary".

So why would money go from A to B - owner to a subsidiary - via C, a third party?

Who asked for the money to be diverted via C and what was it spent on?

As Stirling Albion is a club run competently and with complete transparency, I've no doubt at all there is a reasonable explanation and the information will be forthcoming.

Maybe WC Boggs can shed some light?

5 hours ago, King Crownest said:

The Trust accounts for 2020, published ahead of last year's AGM, showed that two tranches of cash totalling £32,313 went direct from the Trust to the Club. 

But that "a further £4,000 of society [Trust] funds were gifted to the subsidiary [the club] but paid to Stirling Albion Associates, a separate entity set up for the purpose of supporting the subsidiary".

So why would money go from A to B - owner to a subsidiary - via C, a third party?

As Stirling Albion is a club run competently and with complete transparency, I've no doubt at all there is a reasonable explanation and the information will be forthcoming.

Oh yeah it would be a perfectly normal casual conversation for me to ask the club for information on any bank accounts it has control of, or access to. Jesus Christ get real!  No, I don't know a thing about it.  

On 24/05/2022 at 19:30, TheWestStand said:

not going to lie lads - this is fu**ing embarassing. It's making our club look a shit show and our 'fans' just as bad 

Will it look better in non league 

9 hours ago, King Crownest said:

If you've finished thinking it was smart to ask someone who has no access to club board accounts for information, when you seem chock full of information, let's look at your information. Particularly what's missing from it.   You ask what the money was spent on.  Yet you don't provide any evidence it was ever spent!  Do you have any? Surely those who examined the accounts so rigorously know. Was it actually spent at all?   

When was this subsidiary account originally set up?  By who?  You  tell everybody the purpose it was set up for, but you don't say when or by who, why is that?  

If money was deposited in an account only the club have access to, set up  you say to support the club quite frankly SO WHAT?  

Where did "C" magically appear from?    If the money went from A to B and only B had access to it and it remained where only B had access to it in whatever account, then "C" surely only exists  in your head.  

I don't have access to the accounts, you appear to, so enlighten me with where the big gotcha is in this, because I'm not seeing one.

Edited by WC Boggs
add

Just received an update from the Trust Board, the gist of it is listed below. 

The next steps 

1. To appoint an Interim Board 

2. To introduce proper governance procedures for the Club Board, including fixed term directorships with the Trust members having a vote in the election of Club Directors. Trust representation on the Club Board and a Club AGM. Football experience and expertise should be represented on he Club Board and non -Trust people should be invited to stand for Club Board election, to ensure the skills and attributes required to lead the club are not restricted in any way. 

3. To hold a fans workshop to discuss the future direction of the Club. 

4. To agree job descriptions for the Club Directors 

5. A Creation of a new Club Board to be delivered within 3-6 months. 

6. Development of a 5- year business plan to be reviewed annually

Further details will follow soon and Minutes of an ad-hoc Trust Board meeting are attached. 

Their you have it the Trust Board has taken the decision to remove the current Club Board and replace it with an interim Board and carry out a number of things that should have been in place many years ago. 

Some interesting proposals there!  I have been poring over these details looking for flaws but, apart from one, I can't detect any.

What isn't mentioned in the post above is the fact that in an email to members the Trust Board say they "have identified individuals with the skills required to ensure that the club can continue to function in the short term and also provide a base for further development".

The only potential fly in the ointment would be if the outgoing Club Board attempt to interfere with a seamless transition to the interim scenario.  

Longer term, I welcome the idea of Trust members having a vote for Club Board directors, just as long as the sort of gerrymandering attempted recently by an existing Club Board member can be eliminated in the interests of true democracy.

Edited by Red Watch