A Message to All Stirling Albion Trust Members

10 minutes ago, Red Watch said:

Let's not be disingenuous.  You don't want to be accused of having Boris Johnson as your role model!

For the avoidance of doubt the resolution submitted by Mr Liston included within Section 3 the following:

"Given the current form of the football club of which Stuart Brown has been Chairman and a
Director for a number of years, I believe a change has to be made in order to save the Club
from losing its place and future in the Senior game in Scotland. Stuart Brown has failed to
take this Club forward and its sad to see the Club struggle at present. We need to replace
Stuart Brown in order to ensure the survival of the Club.
"The recent disclosure of the Trust Board that both Mr Brown and Mr Daly refused to attend
for a Trust Board meeting unless a Trust Director Mr Ian Doyle was not present casts more
reason to remove these men from the Club Board.
"Regarding John Daily for a Supporters Liaison Director his comments published on the Club
Website leave a lot to be desired from a person who is supposed to help foster good
relations with Supporters."

Yes you're right. I've not read it right through to section 3 and only the bit in section 2 stuck in my mind.   One almighty gaffe again. Excuse me while I run and get egg faced with the Trust board.

14 minutes ago, Red Watch said:

You mean like the much lamented John Daly?

John was unwise to make the comment he did in the position he held.  He's paid for it.  Resigning isn't quite the same thing as preserving your position by refusing to allow a no confidence vote in you to go ahead.

54 minutes ago, rhliston said:

I think you need to go back and read my resolution form again and she what I have written about John Daly. Another mistake WC Boggs 😄

I did. Yes you're right I hadn't read it through. I'm making a brilliant job of digging my own hole again.

I see that the informal meeting of the Trust on Tuesday is likely to receive a report of proceedings the previous evening when the Club Ltd AGM takes place.  From what I hear on the grapevine, Monday's meeting promises to be a very interesting affair.  Let us hope that the Club Board has got all its ducks in a row.

I don’t support either side. I just want this shitshow to end. It’s embarrassing. Each side escalating the matter. Robert Liston’s horrendous grasp of the English language. I can’t take it anymore. 

21 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

Our problem is not fan ownership, but fan management.

Do you mean how fans manage a club or do you mean how those running the club manage the fans, cos from reading this thread, I don't know which is more difficult.

Edited by BazMac

On 13/05/2022 at 16:27, Nigel Blackwell said:

FFS - you have put forward a motion to replace the Chairman with no one lined up to replace him. But you are sure that there is a “contingency plan”. Has any credible individual actually offered to take on the role? This is Stirling Albion we’re talking about. It is a pretty thankless task. My sympathy to Stuart Brown, and his Board, if this is what he has to contend with.

The previous trust board lined up an experienced chairman,  jumped the gun on it, which is what the lynch mob lost it's shit about 

1 hour ago, Binos said:

Also,  the crux of this matter 

Stuart Brown and those associated with him, can't pick a manager 

Then why was only one of them cited for removal for that reason?

16 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Then why was only one of them cited for removal for that reason?

Because he is the Chairman and the Buck stops with him that`s why. 

6 hours ago, rhliston said:

Because he is the Chairman and the Buck stops with him that`s why. 

Really? Does the the buck stop with the Trust board chairman for their decisions, or are they responsible as a group?

5 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Really? Does the the buck stop with the Trust board chairman for their decisions, or are they responsible as a group?

Yes but at least we can vote out the Chairman and put someone else in his place. 

17 hours ago, TheWestStand said:

here we go again...

Who? 

Whoever puts themselves up for post, it’s up to the members to say yes or no. 

Edited by rhliston

16 hours ago, rhliston said:

Whoever puts themselves up for post, it’s up to the members to say yes or no. 

Who in their right mind would (after reading this thread) would put themselves up for it?