A Message to All Stirling Albion Trust Members

On 02/04/2022 at 21:30, cowdenbeath said:

As an outsider I have to say the current board can't be that bad if the club managed to have £285,000 in the bank last May after coming through a season of games being played through a lockdown. 

Maybe their not perfect, no one is, but be careful for what you wish you may end up with a lot worse!

Yes, the get the chairman brigade like to forget that the chairman and the board battled to keep the club afloat during the Covid crisis. While other clubs fell into the expensive Pixelot rubbish AI camera trap under pressure to get live streaming going, our chairman and board resisted it. They asked for a demonstration of it. They didn't get one. Instead they went to the local university Film and Media department and secured the assistance of students only too happy to get experience for their CVs at a fraction of the Pixelot costs. There were teething troubles sure, but the board's actions in getting cost viable live streaming going and raising money via a fan appeal saved this club's financial ass. That is why the club's bank account remained healthy and the club sustainable through it all.  We owe our survival to the chairman the board and former trust board member Robert Clubb for assisting in setting up online payment, but hey we had a bad season so blame the chairman alone as usual.  I thank you for your comment and extend my best wishes for Cowdenbeath's league survival. The last thing we need is yet another club running an unsustainable model via a sugar daddy chairman replacing you. 

6 minutes ago, gmca said:

Pretty much agree with you. My point was purely if an individual tried to vote more than once for themselves.

I get it you were just asking a question, don't sweat it. No harm no foul. 

19 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

WC Boggs for First Minister emoji1319.png

Now that the Scottish government is getting around to setting up their own system for disability benefits, that will replace PIP and end those horrendous DWP assessments, I think they're doing just fine without me mate.  I was watching Star Trek the wrath of Khan again yesterday and it came to that bit where Khan  says "He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him. I'll  chase him round the Antares Nebula and Perditions flames before I give him up!)   For some reason Jim Thompson shot into my mind. Can't think why. :whistle

3 minutes ago, Binos said:

Simply take the vote with only the members that existed at the time the resolution was put forward,  surely 

On what grounds, when the Trust have approved these members and taken their membership fees?

On 03/04/2022 at 11:33, TheVoiceofReason said:

I wish it was just one bad season.  

Most clubs should be reasonably sound financially after covid as the government gave them a one off payment as did James Anderson.  On top of that furlough would have picked up the wages.

We dont own the ground but have a pay as you play arrangement with active Stirling.  

We now have the rangers cup money too.

We've lived within our means, have no debt (because we can't) and generally have had a pretty decent player budget for league 2.

But we've also recruited a series of managers who have failed to get us promotion.  Sadly the current board caves into social media pressure so whenever said manager gets a string of bad results he gets the push.  So there's no continuity or plan - just an annual surge of new manager confidence, then some disquiet as we lose a few games, then some hysteria when we lose some more.  At that point the board will ditch the manager or - if he inexplicably manages to go on a wee run of victories - extend his contract.  Which is pretty much delaying the inevitable.

We all hope that Darren young will be given a bit more cash and will use it wisely next season.  

But he's not impressed with his recruitment so far and has been totally unable to get any kind of improvement out of the team he inherited. This does not bode well for his ongoing employment if he hits a rocky patch around October. At least we should have enough money to pay him off.

There's not much reasoning going on there. For a start the board didn't fire KR. They did quite rightly tell him that he needed to start picking up points. Rather than rise to the challenge KR quit.  So no they didn't fire him due to social media pressure, in fact they didn't fire him. We've only got a back four again because Darren made sharpish use of the loan system, you don't think that's an improvement?  As for his signings, does it not occur to you that if there were better options out there he'd have gone after them?  All that's out of contract and  available until the end of the season are players nobody else wants. The board wouldn't blame him for that, I don't, but apparently you would. Darren took over a demoralized team in freefall and started picking up points, mainly by bolstering the defence. There's not a damned thing he could do about seriously bolstering the attack or midfield. via the transfer market. He was never going to achieve more than the limited revival he has in those circumstances. He's done well to do any revival at all. Voice of reason my arse! Did you nick that moniker from Alex Bellend....I mean Belfield?  

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

On what grounds, when the Trust have approved these members and taken their membership fees?

On the obvious grounds of only people voting who were in the trust at the time the resolution was raised 

4 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Yes, the get the chairman brigade like to forget that the chairman and the board battled to keep the club afloat during the Covid crisis. While other clubs fell into the expensive Pixelot rubbish AI camera trap under pressure to get live streaming going, our chairman and board resisted it. They asked for a demonstration of it. They didn't get one. Instead they went to the local university Film and Media department and secured the assistance of students only too happy to get experience for their CVs at a fraction of the Pixelot costs. There were teething troubles sure, but the board's actions in getting cost viable live streaming going and raising money via a fan appeal saved this club's financial ass. That is why the club's bank account remained healthy and the club sustainable through it all.  We owe our survival to the chairman the board and former trust board member Robert Clubb for assisting in setting up online payment, but hey we had a bad season so blame the chairman alone as usual.  I thank you for your comment and extend my best wishes for Cowdenbeath's league survival. The last thing we need is yet another club running an unsustainable model via a sugar daddy chairman replacing you. 

You are ill-informed regarding the source of most of the funds available to the club last May, like all other clubs we received grants/donations from government, football, James Anderson, and the Trust's initiative fan appeal, all of which were outwith the club executive's input.

The motion to remove him came from two individuals, the basis of their dissatisfaction being the dismal performances over a considerable period.

There are deeper underlying causes for dissatisfaction, for longer than poor performances the chairman has tirelessly worked to marginalise the Trust Board and after each success criticised them. In doing so, he has treated the Trust Board and the individual shareholders as mushrooms - kept them in the dark and fed them a load of sh*t. He is not there for the good of Stirling Albion, rather it's for the greater glory of self.

9 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

You are ill-informed regarding the source of most of the funds available to the club last May, like all other clubs we received grants/donations from government, football, James Anderson, and the Trust's initiative fan appeal, all of which were outwith the club executive's input.

The motion to remove him came from two individuals, the basis of their dissatisfaction being the dismal performances over a considerable period.

There are deeper underlying causes for dissatisfaction, for longer than poor performances the chairman has tirelessly worked to marginalise the Trust Board and after each success criticised them. In doing so, he has treated the Trust Board and the individual shareholders as mushrooms - kept them in the dark and fed them a load of sh*t. He is not there for the good of Stirling Albion, rather it's for the greater glory of self.

I am well aware of the Scottish government bailouts to Scottish football, but before we got that the Exec had to get the livestream revenue going. My recollection is the club appealing for fan donations. Former Trust board member Robert Clubb giving his assistance in setting up online payment. My recollection of the Trust board's input, is receiving zero communication from them for close to the first two years of the pandemic. The only people communicating with the fans were the Exec. Two years in which they declined to even collect membership fees.

What specific action by the chairman alone, or neglect of duty by him justifies him alone being singled out for removal?  Poor on field performance. QK. Contrary to Robert Liston's fatuous claim that Stuart Brown alone selected the manager. It was a group board decision to Hire KR.  Not only them, the then Trust board's representative to the Exec was also granted a vote and voted to hire KR as well. Was that an example of the chairman working tirelessly to marginalise the Trust board?  What precisely has Stuart Brown kept  the shareholders in the dark about?  In what way has he treated them like mushrooms?  There's no glory in this for Stuart, that's bullshit. He is there for the good of the club. He actually gives a shit for the membership. Unlike those who seek their votes so they can go off on power grabbing agendas of their own under the guise of democracy and accountability, without giving a toss whether the membership approve of that or not. A perfect example of that was the former Trust board who took actions like suspending the chairman, when they sought neither the consent of the membership, or even had the constitutional authority to do it.  How democratic and accountable were that lot themselves?  When facing an upcoming EGM to remove them for their behaviour, those accountable democrats ran away from a  democratic vote, with a staged mass resignation claiming fan intimidation.

The membership and the shareholders are the ones who hold BOTH boards accountable. End of. 

16 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

There's not much reasoning going on there. For a start the board didn't fire KR. They did quite rightly tell him that he needed to start picking up points. Rather than rise to the challenge KR quit.  So no they didn't fire him due to social media pressure, in fact they didn't fire him. We've only got a back four again because Darren made sharpish use of the loan system, you don't think that's an improvement?  As for his signings, does it not occur to you that if there were better options out there he'd have gone after them?  All that's out of contract and  available until the end of the season are players nobody else wants. The board wouldn't blame him for that, I don't, but apparently you would. Darren took over a demoralized team in freefall and started picking up points, mainly by bolstering the defence. There's not a damned thing he could do about seriously bolstering the attack or midfield. via the transfer market. He was never going to achieve more than the limited revival he has in those circumstances. He's done well to do any revival at all. Voice of reason my arse! Did you nick that moniker from Alex Bellend....I mean Belfield?  

That all seems unnecessarily tetchy, my friend 

I'm merely pointing out that the current board has overseen a sustained period of poor onfield performance, am voicing some disappointment in Darren Young so far (along with my hope that he does better next season) given we have some decent players (cf. Mr Imrie at Morton) and am questioning a policy of short termism evidenced by frequent managerial turnover.   

I'm not sure what's unreasonable about any of that but each to his own I guess.   

48 minutes ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

That all seems unnecessarily tetchy, my friend 

I'm merely pointing out that the current board has overseen a sustained period of poor onfield performance, am voicing some disappointment in Darren Young so far (along with my hope that he does better next season) given we have some decent players (cf. Mr Imrie at Morton) and am questioning a policy of short termism evidenced by frequent managerial turnover.   

I'm not sure what's unreasonable about any of that but each to his own I guess.   

You are merely accusing the board of ditching managers due to social media pressure., which is totally untrue.  In fact the board has taken pelters on social media over the years for not giving way to that.  They have ditched managers when performance were clearly going backwards to the bottom end of the league, instead forwards to promotion contention.  Quite right too! 

Tetchy? Tetchy? Oh come now, I'm far more grumpy than that.

On 07/04/2022 at 20:27, WC Boggs said:

I am well aware of the Scottish government bailouts to Scottish football, but before we got that the Exec had to get the livestream revenue going. My recollection is the club appealing for fan donations. Former Trust board member Robert Clubb giving his assistance in setting up online payment. My recollection of the Trust board's input, is receiving zero communication from them for close to the first two years of the pandemic. The only people communicating with the fans were the Exec. Two years in which they declined to even collect membership fees.

What specific action by the chairman alone, or neglect of duty by him justifies him alone being singled out for removal?  Poor on field performance. QK. Contrary to Robert Liston's fatuous claim that Stuart Brown alone selected the manager. It was a group board decision to Hire KR.  Not only them, the then Trust board's representative to the Exec was also granted a vote and voted to hire KR as well. Was that an example of the chairman working tirelessly to marginalise the Trust board?  What precisely has Stuart Brown kept  the shareholders in the dark about?  In what way has he treated them like mushrooms?  There's no glory in this for Stuart, that's bullshit. He is there for the good of the club. He actually gives a shit for the membership. Unlike those who seek their votes so they can go off on power grabbing agendas of their own under the guise of democracy and accountability, without giving a toss whether the membership approve of that or not. A perfect example of that was the former Trust board who took actions like suspending the chairman, when they sought neither the consent of the membership, or even had the constitutional authority to do it.  How democratic and accountable were that lot themselves?  When facing an upcoming EGM to remove them for their behaviour, those accountable democrats ran away from a  democratic vote, with a staged mass resignation claiming fan intimidation.

The membership and the shareholders are the ones who hold BOTH boards accountable. End of. 

Never claimed Stuart Brown ALONE picked the managers but as Chairman the BUCK stops with him and this Club on the park under his Stewardmanship has been a failure end off. Once again another wasted season, lets hope DY can get us out of this League next season. 

Regarding Stuart Brown keeping the shareholders in the dark about ? I believe that the Trust Board have tried on a number of occasions to engage with the Club Board and the Club Board have failed to cooperate. It staggers me that we the Supporters Trust are the OWNERS of the Club but appear to have NO control over the Club Board. THAT MUST CHANGE, END OFF. 

Oh you never used the word alone.  You used the phrase "Stuart Brown picks the manager" implying to all and sundry that it is him alone. Do yourself a favour, don't defend a lie with a pathetic excuse me, it just shows you up..  " As chairman the buck stops with him."  No it doesn't.  The buck is shared by the entire board. They work together. They make decisions together. Responsibility is shared.  It works the same way for the Trust board, they share responsibility for their actions as a board. This is why the last no confidence vote in them cited all of them, not just the chairman.  Another no confidence vote in the trust would do the same Mr Liston,  because personal vendettas holding one person responsible for shared responsibility are both wrong and distasteful.  

"The club board have failed to cooperate."  Without specifics on what was put to them and whether non cooperation  was justified or not that's hardly  further grounds for your resolution is it Mr Liston?   At least here you finally cite the board, not just the chairman. Would you care to supply specifics of what the Trust board were demanding cooperation on and to what purpose?  You're using this in support of of your efforts to remove the chairman alone, so how about some precise detail on your charge and how the chairman becomes the sole scapegoat for that too?  The club is fan owned Mr Liston, but it is not operationally fan run. It is accountable to the shareholders and the trust, but does not have to, nor should, have to beg permission for every operational and commercial decision it makes before making them.  If that lack of control disturbs you so much, perhaps you should propose a constitutional madhouse, where it can't make a move without you..

" THAT MUST CHANGE, END OF" Even if you do succeed in scapegoating Stuart and removing him (actually the whole board in consequence) that is not the end of.  It is not the end, because constitutionally there will have been no change and you will have exactly the same degree of control you had over the Exec you had before you brought the house down. That remains the same whoever you plan to replace them with. Oh wait I forgot, you don't have a plan for that. Just one giant leap God knows where and with God knows who, because you wanna!  

This will be the third time Stuart has had to face up to a no confidence vote scapegoating him on his own. He will face up to it again, because he doesn't run away from the membership, unlike those who went after him.  He won't be alone though. You'll be taking on the entire club family this time and they will stand or fall together with him as they should. If you don't like the reality of that, tough.

6 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Oh you never used the word alone.  You used the phrase "Stuart Brown picks the manager" implying to all and sundry that it is him alone. Do yourself a favour, don't defend a lie with a pathetic excuse me, it just shows you up..  " As chairman the buck stops with him."  No it doesn't.  The buck is shared by the entire board. They work together. They make decisions together. Responsibility is shared.  It works the same way for the Trust board, they share responsibility for their actions as a board. This is why the last no confidence vote in them cited all of them, not just the chairman.  Another no confidence vote in the trust would do the same Mr Liston,  because personal vendettas holding one person responsible for shared responsibility are both wrong and distasteful.  

"The club board have failed to cooperate."  Without specifics on what was put to them and whether non cooperation  was justified or not that's hardly  further grounds for your resolution is it Mr Liston?   At least here you finally cite the board, not just the chairman. Would you care to supply specifics of what the Trust board were demanding cooperation on and to what purpose?  You're using this in support of of your efforts to remove the chairman alone, so how about some precise detail on your charge and how the chairman becomes the sole scapegoat for that too?  The club is fan owned Mr Liston, but it is not operationally fan run. It is accountable to the shareholders and the trust, but does not have to, nor should, have to beg permission for every operational and commercial decision it makes before making them.  If that lack of control disturbs you so much, perhaps you should propose a constitutional madhouse, where it can't make a move without you..

" THAT MUST CHANGE, END OF" Even if you do succeed in scapegoating Stuart and removing him (actually the whole board in consequence) that is not the end of.  It is not the end, because constitutionally there will have been no change and you will have exactly the same degree of control you had over the Exec you had before you brought the house down. That remains the same whoever you plan to replace them with. Oh wait I forgot, you don't have a plan for that. Just one giant leap God knows where and with God knows who, because you wanna!  

This will be the third time Stuart has had to face up to a no confidence vote scapegoating him on his own. He will face up to it again, because he doesn't run away from the membership, unlike those who went after him.  He won't be alone though. You'll be taking on the entire club family this time and they will stand or fall together with him as they should. If you don't like the reality of that, tough.

MY MY Somebody has got out of bed the wrong side this morning 😄 WC Boggs I think you should lie down in a darken room. You need to chill out 😄

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

MY MY Somebody has got out of bed the wrong side this morning 😄 WC Boggs I think you should lie down in a darken room. You need to chill out 😄

Chilling out right now watching Snowpiercer, as there's little expectation of getting any response from you other than evasive junk like that.

15 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Chilling out right now watching Snowpiercer, as there's little expectation of getting any response from you other than evasive junk like that.

Evasive Junk is it, 😊  WC BOGGS let me ask you a question ARE YOU A CLUB BOARD STOOGE ? From going back and reading some of your previous message I think that their is someone behind you telling you what to write, I don`t believe you are clever enough to come up with that by yourself. Clearly somebody is pulling your strings, I think I know who it is ITS STUART BROWN ISNT IT. ? 

Clearly he doesn`t want to come out in the open and have a go at me but instead he uses someone less intelligent to be his Patsy LIKE YOU WC BOGGS isn`t that the case. ? 

I look forward to your response WC BOGGS, no doubt it will take a while as you will have to go back to your mastermind to have him come up with a response to this. 

Look forward to hearing from you again 😊