A Message to All Stirling Albion Trust Members

32 minutes ago, Mattie1880 said:

If that is the case and they have decided on a replacement. Every member of the trust, should be made aware of who it is before this vote takes place.

What rhliston has done is to highlight a problem that many of us were unaware of.

The more you read up about it,  the worse it becomes.

The motion is to remove 2 directors,  not the entire Board. Mr Crowley another club director, says the whole board will walk. Is he serious. Would he jeaprdise the club risking points being deducted and our club finishing bottom because they can't fulfil fixtures. Mr Crowley can surely step in as the chairman, get round the table with the Trust and thrash this out. Many on here say its past that stage, I hope not.

Maybe something is happening in the background, maybe not but in the meantime our Club is the laughing stock of Scottish Football, apart from privately run Edinburgh City. Board room decisions could cost them a play off spot

4 hours ago, Boris Badenov said:

Do you know for a fact that the chairman and his fellow directors are against fan ownership.

If they are, its to their advantage to have all this nonsense going on in the background. They can turn round and say the lack of success is down to an unreasonable Trust holding them back.

I still say,  get round the table. If not its not going to end well. It should never be about any individual, it should be about the Club.

Two of them have said and said again that the do not believe fan ownership works. One is the chairman who supported a flawed attempt to take control of the club, the second is one of the players directly involved in that attempt.

As for getting round  a table the Trust board have for several years tried to get together with the executive to move a governance process forward, it is not the Trust that is obstructive in this regard.

5 hours ago, rhliston said:

Well that`s quite a statement coming from a Celtic Supporter. Have you ever been to Forthbank to support the Albion ? Do you have a season ticket at Forthbank or is it Parkhead ? 

Are you a member of the Supporters Trust of this Club  like me ? Have you been a supporter of over 40 years of this Club ? Are you a Shareholder in the Club like me. ? 

If the answer to those questions is NO then why are you on this site talking about the Albion, ?  Are things that boring on the Celtic sites that you  come on here to give us your immense knowledge ? 

I have a season ticket for Stirling Albion yes, I go when I can and my dad uses it when I don't (I also have a season ticket for Celtic Park to answer your inevitable sniping)

I'm 45 years old and attended my first game at Annfield about 40 years ago, have been following Stirling Albion regularly and irregularly ever since, I bought a share in the club when it was sold to the fans about ten years ago, I also take out a hospitality day at the club each season for me and my friends at Forthbank, I'm good pals with most of the old faces in the supporters club and on the trust board, between my season ticket and the hospitality, odd bit of merchandise etc I'd estimate I put a minimum of £1000 into the club per year so hope that fully answers your questions chump.

I'm not the biggest fan of John Daly and although I get on well with Stuart Brown I accept he has to be the focal point of criticism for the successive failures of poor managerial appointments your scatter gun vandetta against one or two on the board is somewhat negated by the fact you are advocating giving them all the bullet with no replacements or improvements or plan B in place, or your somewhat mysterious retort where you hint at replacements without giving a name or names, in short you come across as more than a shade vindictive and I'm obviously not the only one to notice this.

I've learnt more about the Club from this thread than you can imagine.

Rhliston comes across as someone who deeply cares about his club as does Flybhoy in the earlier thread.

A Club whose Directors pay lip service to its owners needs its wings clipped. There can be no argument about that. Club Directors who do not believe in fan ownership should be nowhere near the Club IMO.

It begs the question, why are they even there? Is it every director or just a vocal few? Maybe the fans would be happy selling the Club, has anyone asked?

Is there anyone out there willing to take over? That is the key point needing answered. Rhliston is frustrated with his Club and wants answers.

13 minutes ago, Boris Badenov said:

I've learnt more about the Club from this thread you can imagine.

Rhliston comes across as someone who deeply cares about his club as does Flybhoy in the earlier thread.

A Club whose Directors pay lip service to its owners needs its wings clipped. There can be no argument about that. Club Directors who do not believe in fan ownership should be nowhere near the Club IMO.

It begs the question, why are they even there? Is it every director or just a vocal few? Maybe the fans would be happy selling the Club, has anyone asked?

Is there anyone out there willing to take over? That is the key point needing answered. Rhliston is frustrated with his Club and wants answers.

Some Good points and Questions. I would say that ALL Directors on the current Club Board are as one in behind Stuart Brown. 

That includes Colin Rowley the Commercial Director who had the Personal Statement published on the Club Website. Colin Rowley as many Albion fans will no doubt remember was part of a Consortium behind an attempt to gain control of the running of the Club by investing money into the Club but that failed due to problems with Trust Constitution. Since then we have had a Trust Board resign en masse after a failed attempt to install a new Chairman was overturned. 

I believe that Stuart Brown has used this to increase his grip on the Club Board. Indeed when one Director Graham Douglas resigned a few days ago, it was Colin Rowley revealed that John Daly was to take over his role as Club Secretary. I would guess that the Club Board did not consult with the Trust Board about this appointment and just went ahead with it. 

Regarding taking over I believe the Trust Board I assume have plans in place should the worst happen. 

47 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Graham Douglas retired as was always his intention this year.

Not quite a 'resignation'

Retired or whatever seems strange he went at this time does it not, ? 

8 minutes ago, Boris Badenov said:

That was a good while back. Maybe worth asking again. The problem would be new members skewing the vote. How can you make sure it's genuine Albion fans who vote.

That`s the big question, believe we had 67 new members join the Trust all of a sudden and I believe that figure may be higher now. 

On 29/03/2022 at 16:06, gmca said:I seem to remember there was talk of possibly changing the constitution following John Neil's aborted attempt to inject funds a few years back.

There was no need to change the rules for someone to inject funds into the club. It can be done under the current rules.

Taking profit  back out the club is against the rules of a Community Benefit Society was the reason Neil walked away from the club. It didn’t help was the overcomplicated deal he proposed meant your average fan could not work out if he was a benefactor or someone trying to asset strip the club. Still can’t work it out to this day.

15 hours ago, Ray Vaughn said:

There was no need to change the rules for someone to inject funds into the club. It can be done under the current rules.

Taking profit  back out the club is against the rules of a Community Benefit Society was the reason Neil walked away from the club. It didn’t help was the overcomplicated deal he proposed meant your average fan could not work out if he was a benefactor or someone trying to asset strip the club. Still can’t work it out to this day.

Thanks for that.

Seem to remember the Supporters Trust are required to have a majority holding. Not being able to take profit out of the club seems potentially like a double edged sword by perhaps putting off potential investors, the charlatans included.

On 30/03/2022 at 11:15, BB_Bino said:

Robert Liston is not a front for anyone. He said he would put in this resolution in the last AGM if things didn’t improve and boy did they get worse compared to last year.

There is no-one lined up to take over as this resolution was put in days before the deadline for motions for the AGM. This motion has nothing to do with the Trust Board so it would be quite surprising if suddenly an alternate board was assembled in a fortnight. If the board resigns, it will be dealt with should it come to pass.

The Trust Board have no campaign to remove the Directors. Anyone suggesting otherwise should provide evidence to the contrary. The Trust Board are striving to improve the accountability within the club. How can anyone oppose improved accountability within the structures of the club? Answers on a postcard please.

However, voting to sack a man, who is not only the chairman but someone who runs every bit of the day to day runnings of the club, Is suicide. Who is going to clean the kits? Who is going to book the team bus? Who is going to decide the managers budget? Who is going to organise volunteers for turnstiles on matchdays? 

I have no idea what is going on at Stirling Albion, but organising the cleaning of the kits and booking a team bus hardly sound like onerous tasks that only the current chairman is capable of doing correctly.

If a Trotskyite political party became a football club, it'd be Stirling Albion. All we need now is a shouting elderly Stalinist using words such as "wreckers" and "saboteurs" and calling for mass shootings, and the debate will be complete.

3 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

If a Trotskyite political party became a football club, it'd be Stirling Albion. All we need now is a shouting elderly Stalinist using words such as "wreckers" and "saboteurs" and calling for mass shootings, and the debate will be complete.

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I have no idea what is going on at Stirling Albion, but organising the cleaning of the kits and booking a team bus hardly sound like onerous tasks that only the current chairman is capable of doing correctly.

Obviously on the face of it, they’re not, but these are the mundane day-to-day tasks that need done. Genuinely, who is going to do it? 

I think everyone seems to be under some kind of illusion that qualified people are clamouring to join the club board in an unpaid Role. I just can’t see that being the case (happy to be proven wrong)

Edited by Mattie1880

11 hours ago, Mattie1880 said:

Obviously on the face of it, they’re not, but these are the mundane day-to-day tasks that need done. Genuinely, who is going to do it? 

I think everyone seems to be under some kind of illusion that qualified people are clamouring to join the club board in an unpaid Role. I just can’t see that being the case (happy to be proven wrong)

We shall have to wait and see what happens, regarding  qualified people to join the Club Board, think you will find the present Club Board have operated a closed door policy only allowing those on Board who they like. Hence the case with John Daly now also the Club Secretary. Didn`t see that post advertised anywhere, did they even contact the Trust Board for their views about the matter ? I would suspect not.

We have the situation in that the Club owners are being ignored by a small group of people. he Supporters Trust owns this Club NOT Stuart Brown and his gang. Time that was changed. 

11 hours ago, Mattie1880 said:

Funnily enough every other single one of the 41 SPFL clubs manage it,

as do the 16 LL clubs

as do the 18 HL clubs

as do the 74 WOS clubs

as do the 59 EOS clubs

as do the 19 Midland League clubs

What exactly stops the people of Stirling from running the club in an appropriate way? People toadying for the current board seem intent on pushing the narrative that the club will somehow fold if the incumbents are removed. 

On 30/03/2022 at 16:36, TheWestStand said:

We had the chance

It went tits up 

It wasn't an opportunity to sell the club, it was an offer to lend money to the club in return for absolute control and the disenfranchising of all shareholders. The written loan offer itself was extremely detailed in what Stirling Albion commitments were to be, but silent on what the lenders' plans were, no prospectus, no business plan, no indication on how the money was to be spent. Their idea was perhaps to let the shareholders know what plans might be after they had their hands on the club.

An absolute dog's breakfast of a loan offer, the shareholders would have had more chance by buying a pig in a poke.