A Message to All Stirling Albion Trust Members

15 hours ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

Instead of repeating the stupid hire/fire cycle with guys on a part time 11 hours a week contract why don't we invest in a full time manager? 

Are you sure that this is accurate?  If it is it is an astonishing state of affairs and reflects on the Board in a detrimental way.

A round trip to Elgin takes up 12 hours and that ignores the training commitments on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  And what about other time put in watching players and games - or do we (foolishly) not expect our manager to undertake such recces?  And what about the manager's role in community contact which we say we aspire to?  This simply does not add up.

Part time/Full time. I think it was when Paul Hartley managed Alloa on a part-time basis. Some observers mentioned he was putting in more hours than full time managers. Was KR not prone to taking in other games and watching endless videos i.e. full time. In the national game we have a full time manager with a part time squad. Confusing???? 

How boards/selection panels separate the Fergie's from the Walter Mitty's, who knows. 

On 16/03/2022 at 16:29, rhliston said:

It is for these reasons I have decided to put forward my resolutions at the AGM. If you are like me concerned at where this Club is going, can I ask you to back my resolutions at the AGM. Your voice counts, make sure your voice is heard. 

Thank You

The Supporters Trust has just emailed a lengthy text which includes the following paragraph:

Since Monday we have had 85 new members join. Only 18 are recorded as having been a member before, with many postcodes outside of the Stirling area and with some accounts batch registering many new joiners. We are concerned that some people may be abusing the democratic process to undermine voting.

If, as seems likely, this is a precursor to a cynical attempt to manipulate the voting for the AGM resolutions to protect the interests of specific parties, it can only be condemned.   As to the specific parties, it will be plain for all to see when  the results of the votes on the Resolutions will be declared.

19 hours ago, Red Watch said:

The Supporters Trust has just emailed a lengthy text which includes the following paragraph:

Since Monday we have had 85 new members join. Only 18 are recorded as having been a member before, with many postcodes outside of the Stirling area and with some accounts batch registering many new joiners. We are concerned that some people may be abusing the democratic process to undermine voting.

If, as seems likely, this is a precursor to a cynical attempt to manipulate the voting for the AGM resolutions to protect the interests of specific parties, it can only be condemned.   As to the specific parties, it will be plain for all to see when  the results of the votes on the Resolutions will be declared.

Yes got the email. as you say it just shows what levels some people will go to to remain in power. Lets hope the real Trust members vote to remove these people from the Club Board. Only then we can get back to making sure that this club goes forward. For far too long this club has been underachieving its time to take this club forward. 

On 18/03/2022 at 20:51, drs said:

What complete bullshit. Cassandra fans at the likes of the Shire, Brechin and Berwick thought the same thing and yet somehow they survive.

Stirling are throughout their franchise history a bottom league team, they'll survive in the non-leagues.

Edinburgh City fan here, just wanted to point out that everyone is free to download the Stirling Albion company accounts, and these showed that the club had £299k in cash at the bank as at the last year end (May-21) 

The club has been a serial disappointment for years.

Managerial appointments have all turned sour.

We seem to accumulate what looks like a half decent squad of players for this level most seasons and then seem to chronically underachieve.

A new manager comes in and the process is repeated.

Other than having cash in the bank, it's hard to say how the board are doing a good job.

2 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Edinburgh City fan here, just wanted to point out that everyone is free to download the Stirling Albion company accounts, and these showed that the club had £299k in cash at the bank as at the last year end (May-21) 

You are absolutely right.  And, of course, this figure does not take into account the SAFC share of the gate receipts from the Rangers Cup-tie, nor the fee for having the match televised.  These figures are, for some reason, closely guarded secrets and it is likely that their effects can only by assessed once the Accounts to May 2022 emerge in February 2023.  But I think we can safely assume that these income streams add up to a tidy six-figure sum. 

The Chairman recently said that the Board had given the manager an indicative budget for next season, whatever that means.  I hope that this will provide scope for getting a few decent players in, rather than the usual journeymen who are simply not good enough to get us into the play-offs.

8 hours ago, rhliston said:

Yes got the email. as you say it just shows what levels some people will go to to remain in power. Lets hope the real Trust members vote to remove these people from the Club Board. Only then we can get back to making sure that this club goes forward. For far too long this club has been underachieving its time to take this club forward. 

It's absolutely sickening. There would be absolutely nothing stopping me and many others recruiting 20-30 people to sign up and influencing them to vote a certain way. Would I do that? Absolutely not. Everyone has a right to a fair vote.  

Edited by dave_binos

3 hours ago, Red Watch said:

You are absolutely right.  And, of course, this figure does not take into account the SAFC share of the gate receipts from the Rangers Cup-tie, nor the fee for having the match televised.  These figures are, for some reason, closely guarded secrets and it is likely that their effects can only by assessed once the Accounts to May 2022 emerge in February 2023.  But I think we can safely assume that these income streams add up to a tidy six-figure sum. 

The Chairman recently said that the Board had given the manager an indicative budget for next season, whatever that means.  I hope that this will provide scope for getting a few decent players in, rather than the usual journeymen who are simply not good enough to get us into the play-offs.

Heard from a source that the Club got 200k for the Rangers game and 25 k for Tv rights, that would bring money in Bank to just over 500k. 

5 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

100k Scot gov money, 50k James Anderson money, pretty sure there was a fundraiser that made over 25k, savings from players being furloughed, probably a small(ish) fee for Andy Ryan.  Added to existing funds I would assume.  Add the rangers money and there should be a tidy sum there.  Not entirely sure the board can take credit for amassing it but that's bye the bye.  It's what they do with it thats important.  And I've not got much faith in that department

22 hours ago, rhliston said:

How do you know the new members of the trust aren’t trying to do the opposite — to remove Brown? The man certainly has plenty people who don’t like him. Either way, it’s a really poor thing to do obviously. 

I’m no fan of the club board because of their misplaced loyalty to various dud managers, but your resolutions could leave us with no one at the wheel at all. You don’t do something that drastic without a plan in place, it’s a crazy risk to take. 

Also this remark from Daly about “keyboard warriors” seems to have some frothing at the mouth. He shouldn’t have said it, it only inflames matters but people are losing their shit over it. It’s just another instance of people getting bitchy and offended with each other which seems to be the new norm between various boards and now even some of the fans. We need to calm down and stop all the constant threats / huffs / incessant petty moaning between individuals. 

We should have our best budget in a long time for next season. We have a new manager. We have potential to recruit well and build a decent team. That’s down to the manager to make it a success. Let’s not balls this up by turning the club upside down at the same time. 

2 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

How do you know the new members of the trust aren’t trying to do the opposite — to remove Brown? The man certainly has plenty people who don’t like him. Either way, it’s a really poor thing to do obviously. 

I’m no fan of the club board because of their misplaced loyalty to various dud managers, but your resolutions could leave us with no one at the wheel at all. You don’t do something that drastic without a plan in place, it’s a crazy risk to take. 

Also this remark from Daly about “keyboard warriors” seems to have some frothing at the mouth. He shouldn’t have said it, it only inflames matters but people are losing their shit over it. It’s just another instance of people getting bitchy and offended with each other which seems to be the new norm between various boards and now even some of the fans. We need to calm down and stop all the constant threats / huffs / incessant petty moaning between individuals. 

We should have our best budget in a long time for next season. We have a new manager. We have potential to recruit well and build a decent team. That’s down to the manager to make it a success. Let’s not balls this up by turning the club upside down at the same time. 

Are the Trust Board trying to get rid of Stuart Brown ? I don`t think so. it was Stuart Brown and John Daly that refused to attend a meeting unless Ian Doyle was not present. Say what you like about Ian Doyle he was elected to the Trust Board by the members of the Trust and both Stuart Brown and John Daly stuck in essence 2 fingers up at the Trust Board and its members  by refusing to attend. 

The fact is that this Club under the Stewardmanship of Stuart Brown on the park is going NOWHERE. Like you say how many managers has he appointed and then fired because quite simply he has NO idea about getting it right on the park, lets hope DY IS THE MAN to take us out of this League next season. 

The point of my resolutions was to give members of the Trust the chance to decide whether they wanted to keep Brown on as Chairman or Not. I am quite sure the members of the Trust are aware of the risks involved and again I say its up to them the OWNERS of the Club to decide. Clearly the recent update by the Trust Board regarding a very high number of people joining all of a sudden is worrying and it certainly looks to them that their appears to be an attempt to try and rig this vote. 

43 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Are the Trust Board trying to get rid of Stuart Brown ? I don`t think so. it was Stuart Brown and John Daly that refused to attend a meeting unless Ian Doyle was not present. Say what you like about Ian Doyle he was elected to the Trust Board by the members of the Trust and both Stuart Brown and John Daly stuck in essence 2 fingers up at the Trust Board and its members  by refusing to attend. 

The fact is that this Club under the Stewardmanship of Stuart Brown on the park is going NOWHERE. Like you say how many managers has he appointed and then fired because quite simply he has NO idea about getting it right on the park, lets hope DY IS THE MAN to take us out of this League next season. 

The point of my resolutions was to give members of the Trust the chance to decide whether they wanted to keep Brown on as Chairman or Not. I am quite sure the members of the Trust are aware of the risks involved and again I say its up to them the OWNERS of the Club to decide. Clearly the recent update by the Trust Board regarding a very high number of people joining all of a sudden is worrying and it certainly looks to them that their appears to be an attempt to try and rig this vote. 

Firstly I agree about Doyle. They should meet whoever is on the TB without all this “I’m not going to that meeting if so and so is going”. It’s petty and it’s not good enough.

My argument is not about the rights and wrongs of Brown and Daly or about their poor managerial appointments to date. My issue is the sledgehammer approach you are proposing will lead to further instability and jeopardise the following season especially if we have no people in place to oversee contracts, sell season tickets, wash strips, organise friendlies etc.

If you want rid of Stuart Brown then we’d be much better presenting a better alternative chairman, having a vote, and have that person taking over with an agreed handover period. That’s the sensible way to do it. Forcing him out with the knowledge the rest of the board will resign en masse in protest is insanity. 

We have no idea who is taking out all these new memberships. Brown has plenty enemies on previous trust boards. I will say *if* it turns out to be someone on the club board trying to game the system then they’re taking a huge risk and I would expect them to resign in disgrace if caught.

But right now we have *no idea* who it is or for what purpose and you can’t be deciding people are guilty and spreading rumours with no evidence. 

I think you should reconsider what you’re proposing, consider revoking these resolutions and propose something more sensible once we have an alternative candidate. We all want success for Stirling Albion but this is beyond risky.

If it turns out the person(s) amassing trust memberships are doing it to get rid of Brown and we end up in serious shit with no board and another wasted season, many people are going to be very angry. 

Edited by BinoBalls

I see Colin Rowley has just put out a statement defending his colleagues on the board (which no doubt some will get themselves worked into a frenzy over).

This is the part I agree with: “there’s a fine line between democracy and stupidity, especially when it looks like there is no Plan B in place.”

3 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

The actions and remarks since his appointment would indicate that John Daly is less than suitable to sit as 'Supporters' Liaison Director', it would also show a considerable lack of judgement from those directors who made the appointment.

16 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

The actions and remarks since his appointment would indicate that John Daly is less than suitable to sit as 'Supporters' Liaison Director', it would also show a considerable lack of judgement from those directors who made the appointment.

Yes I would agree he should move to another role as there’s too much bad blood now. Though I still think people have gotten offended at stuff that really doesn’t matter. I think the worst thing he said was “step out from behind your keyboards” when trying to encourage people to come to a meet the board meeting. But some people have reacted like he shat on their lawn and ran off. 

1 hour ago, BinoBalls said:

If you want rid of Stuart Brown then we’d be much better presenting a better alternative chairman, having a vote, and have that person taking over with an agreed handover period. That’s the sensible way to do it. Forcing him out with the knowledge the rest of the board will resign en masse in protest is insanity.

Personally I'd appoint BinoBalls, who seems to talk perfect sense.

2 hours ago, rhliston said:

I just truly don't understand the sense of wanting rid of Stuart Brown because he has 'no idea about getting it right on the park'.  Darren Young has had some success at this level, and he's got a good budget.  What more can a Board do than appoint a manager who's capable of success and give them a good budget??  Do people want the board to give team talks?

When you see Raith signing Goowdwillie... Even Edinburgh City sacking Naysmith when in a decent position.  These are the sorta things that would make me question the abilities of a board.  I don't see that at Forthbank.

Just seems like personal vendettas to me.  Especially given the lack of 'better' option provided, as far as I can see.