Rock vs Wheel

1 hour ago, microdave said:
11 hours ago, gav-ffc said:
Some offside call this, when will the SFA agenda against us ever end?
E93FFD30-B171-4E10-BACF-E86CAAD82FBB.thumb.png.27e036114d19c3a41c802d0133f5c607.png

A shocker. The same lino was so useless that he ended up not making decisions until he'd received direction from the ref.

As bad as the officials were I don't think they were biased in any particular direction. Griffiths should have been booked in the first half when he kicked the ball away, but he just had a word. Then just about got it right booking him in the 2nd half for the same thing.

Then the aforementioned when one of your guys wiped out MacLean. It was as clear a booking as you will see and he spoke to the completely wrong player and gave no card.

Hopeless, but didn't make a difference to the result or even the score. 

56 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

As bad as the officials were I don't think they were biased in any particular direction. Griffiths should have been booked in the first half when he kicked the ball away, but he just had a word. Then just about got it right booking him in the 2nd half for the same thing.

Then the aforementioned when one of your guys wiped out MacLean. It was as clear a booking as you will see and he spoke to the completely wrong player and gave no card.

Wasn’t at the game but when I saw that Griffiths had been booked I said to my mate that it would probably be for something petulant.

12 hours ago, microdave said:
22 hours ago, gav-ffc said:
E93FFD30-B171-4E10-BACF-E86CAAD82FBB.thumb.png.27e036114d19c3a41c802d0133f5c607.png

A shocker. The same lino was so useless that he ended up not making decisions until he'd received direction from the ref.

That is quite common. A friend was a linesman back in the days of David Syme, and he said Syme always said before the game “give your singles for offsides and unchallenged throw ins, but for everything else, I will signal all corners, and I will indicate by my hand across my chest which way to flag for anything else.”

…….and the sooner you get back to a proper Dumbarton strip the better…….forgive my colour definition, but the white strip with the single gold hoop bordered top and bottom by black banding. A proper strip.

Same for us………get that Fiferesque pinstripe gone.

14 hours ago, microdave said:
On 20/03/2022 at 00:52, gav-ffc said:

Seriously, have you not noticed in league 1 the linesmen never make decisions?  There seems to be an underwritten law that the referee makes all the decisions and therefore that's why you see the linesman always looking at the ref and  confirming the decision slightly behind the ref…. Drives fans mad…

13 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

I agree 100% re MacLean challenge but I think it was either fair play ref re Griffiths or who he is/was, I think because of who he is, another why opposition fans want him booked. 

Ps I'm not standing up for Griffiths here, so far he has been a shadow of what he was for me

18 hours ago, Just a bairn said:

It was an ugly performance, but what a difference having a bit of aggression and actually having a midfield for what seems like the first time all season. Hetherington has had an awful season but fair to play him, he did well I thought. Dumbarton didn’t create anything really but it’s also as well as we have defended as a team for months. 

On another day Hetherington could've been sent off, he may have done aok in moments but generally was behind most our fouls because he was behind play. He simply isn't good enough along with McKay and if we start next season with both, think play offs are an achievement, like this season.

We were lucky as far as I'm concerned, if we had a bit class we would've had another 4 goal margin

Seriously, have you not noticed in league 1 the linesmen never make decisions?  There seems to be an underwritten law that the referee makes all the decisions and therefore that's why you see the linesman always looking at the ref and  confirming the decision slightly behind the ref…. Drives fans mad…
I don't think it's just L1. I've been noticing it for years which would include our spell in the Championship too.
That is quite common. A friend was a linesman back in the days of David Syme, and he said Syme always said before the game “give your singles for offsides and unchallenged throw ins, but for everything else, I will signal all corners, and I will indicate by my hand across my chest which way to flag for anything else.”
I suppose the assistant is there to assist. It's up to each individual ref as to how much assistance they want/need in any given match.
…….and the sooner you get back to a proper Dumbarton strip the better…….forgive my colour definition, but the white strip with the single gold hoop bordered top and bottom by black banding. A proper strip.
Same for us………get that Fiferesque pinstripe gone.
We're all hopeful that we'll be back to that next season for our 150th anniversary year.

I would agree that whilst Hetherington and Miller had one of their better games for us, both are still no where near good enough and helped by the fact that Dumbarton's central midfield was virtually non-existent.

Miller was lucky not to get booked (possibly making up for the laughable booking for Mills) and Hetherington picked up his usual yellow card. I wouldn't mind if these were for tactical fouls to stop opposition breaks or for massive man/ ball/ everything type tackles, but they're not. Both are liabilities and are picking these up because they arrive on the scene of a 50-50 about 10 years late because of their lack of pace.

The wind and condition of the pitch turned the game in to a battle and they have been repeatedly found out in the past when anything resembling a football match has broken out